Go Lower

Mmmm, I just had the brocoli and bluesticks cheese soup for my lunch which was lovely - I could eat another bowl! (but I won't!). How easy is this diet - no having to think about what to cook and it's all yummy :)

x

lol kittie, I was thinking the same but I'm only on day 3, I'm guessing the novelty will wear off eventually so I'm planning to make home-made as often as I can be bothered 'cos I don't want to give my hubby the satisfaction of seeing another weight loss attempt fail - he's not that supportive of this diet due to the cost.

Well done Liz, 4lbs is fab. did you do a wee dance when you got off the scales?? I always do when I lose.

Jay, I think the biggest problem with diet drinks is the sweeteners ie you don't lose your sweet cravings as quickly and there's always been a bit of dubiety over their safety health-wise. As far as the diet's concerned, diet coke should be carb free so won't affect the scales - I think

well done everyone :)

Marion x

oops

Lol, the whole point of logging on was to update on my day but got too carried away with replying to others - such a dizz!!!

Anyway, had a dull thumping headache when I got up. I've drank about 2L of water so far and it's a bit better. Not a fan of painkillers so hoping to flush out those nasty ketones instead. Had mushroom soup for lunch & so far it's my fave.

Caroline, I've got mushroom stroganoff in my box so I'll try & remember to bring it with me tomorrow & let you know what I think.

Not sure what's for dinner tonight. Told hubby to surprise me - he'll be thinking he's hard done to having to pull out a packet & stick it in the microwave lol - either that or it'll be chips - I'd flamin well kill him!!

Hope everyone else's day is going well

Marion x

Fingers crossed my box will be here 2m. : o )

Glad every1 has had a good day, roll on 2m.

Nun night, lovely`s

Woofy X

Got my fingers crossed for you too!

Thanks Lizzy... I bet if it does turn up 2m, its going to be a silly "o clock" time. 7am........not a good look for me lol

Woofy X

Hi everyone, I have not been on here for a week, my 9 year old son has SATS so I have been helping him study. Also spent most of the week frantically texting to try and win tickets to the Capital Summertime Ball next month. Finally yesterday I was shocked to get a call to say that I had won 2 tickets. My son is over the moon as he can't wait to see the group Blue, Akon and Leonia Lewis. Anyway this is my 4th week of the Go Lower diet and I have lost nearly 18lbs which I am really pleased about. I still have a long mountain to climb but I am making progress. Quite a few friends at work have commented that they can see the weight loss in my face and that my waist and hips have slimmed down. Its great when people notice, it gives you the confidence to keep it up. I have quite a few events to go to in June so it will keep me motivated to keep it up. Welcome to the newcomers. Woofy I hope your freebie box has arrived, congrats that you were able to get them to refund your money back and still get the food. Hope you are able to start trying the food soon as I am sure you will love it. It doesn't feel like a diet. Three colleagues celebrated their birthdays yesterday so 30 of us went out for lunch. While everyone was going for high calorie foods e.g nachos, burgers, cheesy fries etc, I was only one to have a chicken salad so I was really pleased with myself (even though I was the last one to get served and I didn't get tempted to pinch any chips).

Enjoy the rest of your evening.

Barbara

Last edited:
Morning everyone,

I wasn't around yesterday, but I had a good day, I took cold cuts with me for during the day and last night I had my second favourite meal Beef n Thyme Gravy with Savoy Cabbage fried in lurpak yummm.

Woofy, has it come yet??? I hope so :)

Lizzy well done on the 4lb loss, great start eh.. :)

Marion what did you end up with for tea? hope you didn't have to kill your hubby, lol.. :D

Have a good day everyone.

Karen X

***Morning girls***

It came! At 8am (nice time) BUT.......

I didnt get a free box. I GOT 2 WOOP! WOOP!
2 Weeks and a refund. Im NEVER this lucky I can tell you : o )

So if the very nice man is reading this from Go Lower, ty.... Not that he would be BUT u never know! lol

1st class customer care!!!!!!!!

Ive yet to eat any as I been out " doing coffee" with the girls but will go through the box and pick some out nice for later.

Good start to the day or what!!!

How is everyone today? Happy Thursday

Woofy X

Last edited:
Hi Everyone

Woofy - I'm made up for you now you have your box(es) - That's a real result!

Karen - you've inspired me to have cabbage in Butter tonight! Didn't even think of that one.

I'm half way through Week 2 and seem to be getting the side effects you hear about - Thumping headache, felt a bit sick and hungry! So far I've resisted the urge to snack again as I think I went overboard on teh low carb snacks last week and thats why the effects have only now caught up with me.
Got my first compliment this morning as a colleague asked had I lost weight - Yippee! - mind you she then asked someone else who hasn't so maybe its a ploy she uses to engraciate herself!
I love this forum for sharing thoughts and thought wouldn't it be good to share little gems or tips anyone has discovered on their Go Lower Journey - I'm inspired by Karen's cabbage in butter. I'd like to add to anyone like me who's struggling with the water that Sainsbury's now do a double strength squash in various flavours that has only trace fats, carbs and no sugar. I'm loving the Lime one and it's made drinking the vast amount of liquid palatable.
Any other tips? ideas? recipes that we love?

Jay

Hi, Letsgetslim (Jay)

MMMmmm I love cabbage fried in butter 2.
I wouldnt be with out my...
Fizzy water
1 minute muffins
Garlic
Nuts
Atkins bars
Low carb sausages
Oh, and vodka ka ka Low carb thank god ; O )

Woofy X

P.s oopsie roll.

Last edited:
Woofy now you have your box - what did you finally decide to eat?

Jay

Jay, I didnt eat from the box.... lol I know, I know I couldnt wait to get it, then when I do I didnt eat a thing from it. Ive looked closer at the carbs and have worked out they are high, maybe too high for me. Im eating around 20g atm... Oh what to do?

Might..
1. Just eat lunch and cook my own dinner and vise versa
2. Pop it on ebay
3. Eat the plan as it is and she how I go with much higher carbs

The last thing I want to do is start puttin weight back on....

Any ideas, Jay?

Woofy X

Last edited:
Woofy - Blimey that's a tough one. Maybe you need to look at the longer term - is low carb a lifestyle change for you? or do you intend to go back to a degree of "normal" eating after you reach your target weight? If you are low carb forever you could just add teh packs to your cupboards as a ready store of meals to have in a hurry and dip into them occasionally. If your aim is to hit target and then maintain same it might be that using the go lower just gets you there a little slower but its easy, tasty and convenient. Or you could carry on with your own plan and flog em!
What was your reason for moving away from the low carb stuff you do now?

Jay

Jay, it is a tough 1, your so right mate.
I eat low carb/Atkins and Im happy. So why move to Go Lower you may ask....I wanted something fast, simple and yummy to eat. Maybe I got stuck in my ways with Atkins and wanted a restart and I thought this was it. Still not sure...

I want to get to my goal, like every1, asap. Ive another stone to shift which Ive heard can be the hardest to move...... I read this thread and was hooked. I wanted yummy food that was ready in a *ping*
Maybe Ive gone lazy? Maybe I thought I was missing out?

Maybe...(my word theres a lot of "maybes") Ive got stale with Atkins but couldnt find a way of making it all *new and exciting* again

Oh what to do........

Woofy X

Last edited:
Why not stretch a week out with your own stuff to go over a two week period and see how the weight is. - If there's been no change, or god forbid you go higher then cut your losses and click on ebay.
If you are still losing but you've got the flexibility of ready made meals stick with the Go Lower and do a mix - it will get you another two weeks down the line. Failing that I'll have the box off ya!

Jay xx

Jay, your a star* TY x

You have answered everything plus taken away the head ache.
I will mix the box will low carb which I understand a few do and do well on. Ive been trying so hard not to carb creep, but like u said, flexibility of ready made meals, cool.

Thanks again hunni.... What would I have done without you, pulled my hair out and moaned at the OH lol

Woofy X

No worries my dear. Hope it helps

Would ask though, with the amount of weight you've lost and the achievement moving down to size 10 I'm surprised you want to go further. I know it's none of my business and we all have our own ideas on ideal weight, but a size 10 sounds to me like a pretty good place to be and you have a healthy BMI - why do you want to shift another stone?

Sorry, hope you don't mind me asking!

Jay

Jay, ask away, love. After all, thats why we are here.

Im only 5"2 and still look "dumpy" Im not looking to be "skinny" just comfy. I carry my weight on my tummy (after 2 sons) even though It wont get rid of the tum tum but it will hopefully flatten it.

Im in a big size 10, plenty of room to get comfy, NO WAY am I heading for a size 8... Oh no!!!!!!!! I would look like death. Ive curves still and want to hang onto them lol

Woofy X

Morning all

Well day 5 is here & I'm off work today. I decided last night I was having a nice cooked breakfast this morning but couldn't face it so had granola with yogurt instead - weird 'cos I was really looking forward to it.

Woofy - what a fab result getting 2 boxes. Remember to take the fibre off to get the net carbs though 'cos that's what Atkins counts - makes a big difference to your totals. I'd defo mix & match as Jay has suggested, esp when they've got such a long shelf life. I love Atkins and have done really well with it in the past but I get too complacent and end up having the same meals over & over then get fed up & crave something different so this plan is ideal for mixing & matching, esp when I'm tired & can't be bothered cooking.

caroline - I had the mushroom stroganoff yesterday & it tasted pretty much the same as the mushroom soup but with chunkier mushrooms.

I had beef in thyme gravy 2 nights ago & it was yum but not much beef. Then had a gammon steak with a fried egg on top last night - felt VERY indulgent & so far has been the meal that's satisfied me most since I started. Im not hungry afterwards but feel like I need something else to complete my meal, if that makes sense. I might make some sugar free jelly to have as a dessert & see if that helps.

And finally, I had a wee sneaky peek at the scale this morning & I'm 4lbs down - woohoo!!! trying not to get too excited 'cos I know my weight fluctuates from day to day but hey... proper weigh in on Monday.

sorry it's such a long post, well done if you're still reading

Marion x

Back