Go Lower

GUTTED!!!!!
Ive heard so much about the Beef in gravy and Ive just had it. I found it SO fatty, dare I say.... cheap meat cooked to death? I eat it as that was my dinner (what was left after I pulled the fat off)

That was my 1st dinner out the box, not a good start. I love the mushroom soup, could have licked the bowl but the kids were looking, so not a good look!!!! hahahahahahaha

Jay, if I feel like a nibble (I wish ;o) so single its not funny : o ( )

I have a large glass of water and wait..... then I would have a atkins bar if still nibble-ish ( Im mixing remember)

Hi Bigbum (small bum now, im sure) Ive read so much about you, babes and your 1 of the reasons Im here with you all.... Glad to hear you had a top holiday!!! I too wouldnt have weighed, would have taken the edge off the hols..... U did well, hun : o )

Im off to drink some water to flush out that dinner.... Infact, Im off to have a glass of white... Cheers Ladies

Woofy X

munchy snacks:

babybel or individual cheese portions so I don't go too overboard

chicken thighs

cold meat

boiled egg mashed up in a cup with butter

if I need something sweet I whip up some cream with some splenda & mix in some softened philly cheese - quick cheesecake - well the topping anyway. I only have a wee drop though - V calorific

egg custard - whisk up an egg, add either some cream or philly cheese, splenda & a drop of vanilla essence, put in micro for 10-15secs at a time 'til it thickens

Also I got some chilli seeds & almonds in asda yesterday, not tried them yet but something like 11g carbs per 100g but 10g of fibre. again, quite high in calories so prob best measured out

HTHs

Marion x

OK, just had to go and try the seeds & almonds - yum. Weighed out 10g & it wasn't masses but enough for a wee munch.

they also did other flavours but can't remember what

Woofy - I think the meat in general isn't that good a quality but the sauces are tasty & it's so much easier to stick to the plan when you can pull a packet out the cupboard when you're tired & hungry, esp when the rest of the family is having a carb rich meal. Totally agree with the mushroom soup review - I love it too.

Second week weigh in

Hi all

Second week, not as good as last week, I put it down to the new exercise (water retention)

Down 1.4 pounds, so 5.4lbs in two weeks..not that bad really.

On to week 3!

Still hoping to find another months bargain somewhere before I run out!

***Morning girls***

It came! At 8am (nice time) BUT.......

I didnt get a free box. I GOT 2 WOOP! WOOP!
2 Weeks and a refund. Im NEVER this lucky I can tell you : o )

So if the very nice man is reading this from Go Lower, ty.... Not that he would be BUT u never know! lol

1st class customer care!!!!!!!!

Ive yet to eat any as I been out " doing coffee" with the girls but will go through the box and pick some out nice for later.

Good start to the day or what!!!

How is everyone today? Happy Thursday

Woofy X

I TAKE IT ALLLLLL BACK!!

GO LOWER ARE ****!!!

No refund!!!! Now free 2nd box!!!!

They couldnt give me a refund so they popped a 2nd week in after they promised!!! Full of lie`s, Go Lower!!!!!! I wanted a full refund which they agreed now have back tracked. No letter or fone call telling me why! I had to call up to see where my refund was only to be told a bunch of lie and c***

Im so mad!!!!! Too mad to type!!!!!!

Go Lower can take a run and jump!!!!!!!

Woofy X

This rant has no reflection on those doin Go Lower, just the staff that work there. Just wanted to clear that up! Ty

Hi again all. I'm back and raring to get started now that I've managed to kick the dreaded weed, well certainly kicked it hard enough to look at my diet again. To be honest I didn't think it a good idea to stop smoking and diet at the same time and thought it best to cut the fags, okay gain a little weight and the attack it in one go. The other way round would probably have been too didfficult. Thank goodness for Niquitin patches, they have been so helpful and I've used an inhalator too. That's 8 weeks and almost 2 days since I last had a drag and feel so much better for it. Good job you can sign up to a 12 week plan at the pharmacy and get two weeks supply for the price of a prescription (especially when one week costs £17.63 normally).

Anyway i see you are here Woofy and on Go Lower too :). Will have to go back and read all of this thread again to see why. have noticed that you thought the meat was horribel, well i can vouch for that. I had the pea and ham soup. The soup was okay but the pieces of ham were mostly fat and went in the bin, didn't take too long to fish them out as there were only about two!

Bigbum well done on the dramtaic weight loss, that is so impressive just be careful when walking over grids in case you fall through!!

:):):)

Aw, woof, It would have been far too good to receive double the amount of food and get a full refund, life's just not that good unfortunately. I've always found them all really helpful whenever I've had to call up for anything.

Lizzy, well done on your loss this week.

P.S. Woof, the bum certainly is getting smaller. Woop Woop. Xx

Hey Craig, Welcome back & Thankyou (still got a bit to go so I'm still safe walking about :)). Well done on stopping smoking, thats awesome - next on my to do list.
Are you doing Go Lower again? Xx

Thanks BB. Still got my Go lower box on top of the fridge, didn't quite make a full day last time because of that ham! Loved the granola breakfast though so will give it another try. Does anybody know where I can get low carb granola from?

CraigyD, we meet again. How you doing, pet?
I WAS mixing Go Lower with Atkins but Im finding the meat cheap and fatty plus Im having a "thingy" with Go Lower at the mo. They promised me 1 thing and did another!!!! (re wind the threads to understand more)Ive 1 weeks and returning the other

Im still with Atkins, never really left it. I loved the idea of having something in the kitchen to grab, heat and run. The mushroom soup was nice, will let you know about the others if and when I get there.

Have you sorted your "home stuff" now, babes? That was the last time we spoke. You still posting on the Atkins thread? Jim Jim is still there (always will be) and a few of the Jims Angles and new 1`s

Well done for kicking the weed ; O ) good job!

How have you done today?

Woofy X

Aw, woof, It would have been far too good to receive double the amount of food and get a full refund, life's just not that good unfortunately.

All sorted. I can keep the boxes and getting a refund! :D Im glad its all sorted and they stuck to what they promised, in the end!!!

Ebay, here I come!

Woofy X

Hi Everyone - How's it going.

Woofy - bad news on the Go Lower deal - I was so impressed that they'd sent you two weeks. I hope you get it sorted. Now what's this about being so single - Single is just a state of mind, you've got your great boys, do you get much chance to go out though? I've been single for a couple of years now and have been pretty happy with that but missed the occasional social event with someone dreamy. When Christmas came and went I decided I'd do something about it and drew up a plan - weight loss, new opportunities and doing stuff I'd never thought of in the past. So here I am with Go Lower, I've started SALSA which is a hoot ,but I'm totally rubbish at! And last but not least I've tried the online dating which was the scariest of all but I've met some really nice guys - not all are a match but all have been respectful and friendly and I've had a pleasant evening. And as for Mr Blind date from Sunday - we've talked every night since then and are now planning on a quick city break to Oxford next month. I'm really pleased as I almost didn't go on Sunday and could have missed out on this gorgeous guy - and if it doesn't work out I've had a lovely afternoon in good company sitting in the sunshine. What do you think ? Anything you'd like to try that's different and will move you in new circles?

BigBum - glad to see your post as you were the first to encouarge me here. You've done so blooming well - what an inspiration ! Where did you go on Holiday?

CraigyD - I order from Carbmegastore and avidlite both have really quick delivery times - expecting fresh carb free bread next week, I'm such a bread junkie!

Marion - you have some brilliant ideas - going to try boiled egg with butter next You are my Go Lower Delia!

I'm in half term hell at the mo - My Daughter wanted to make chocolate cakes yesterday - which I bravely resisted as they sat cooling - but today it was a trip to Bluewater and lunch with friends at TGIs - Had a chicken salad, but it had so much dressing on it was nearer to soup! Kids had scrummy chips all around me. I drank my water and felt very good but then blew it all with an ice cream pud!

I'm waiting to get my ebay box of Go Lower but can't seem to tie the seller down to go and collect - have sent three emails now:confused: I need my routine or I'm lost this week!

Hope everyone is having a great week - Sunshine due back for the weekend Yippee...

evening all, hope everyone's well.

Anyone watching the diet programme on BBC1 at the mo? Some interesting stuff.

High protein diets keep you fuller longer
soup keeps you fuller longer
skipping meals makes you crave higher calorie meals
portion control is essential
writing down everything you eat immediately after you eat it makes a big difference

Any of this news to anyone? Nice to have it re-inforced by their experiments though, even if they are a bit basic.

I had usual granola, yogurt & rasps brekkie, mushroom soup for lunch & home-made chilli topped with grated cheese & a huge salad for dinner.

Jay & woofy, how did you find the granola from lowcarbmegastore? Is it as nice as the go lower one? I usually eat brekkie at work & not easy to take a packed carb friendly brekkie so granola is ideal for me.

Woofy - well done one getting it sorted with Go Lower - get that stuff on e-bay girl, we'll all be bidding for it lol!

Marion x

just noticed Tesco do a low carb granola 'Lizi's original granola'. It looks high in carbs but the lowcarbmegastore has it listed as 5g (ECC & Glycemic load - not sure what this means?)

anyone tried it?

also, Tesco have an offer on Atkins bars - 5pk for £3.72, ends 16 June

Morning Woofy, morning all. Thanks for the info on the granola and it can be bought in Tesco? You wouldn't know which aisle (as in which foods it's stocked with)? I have a huge Tesco Extra just around the corner from me and will have to get some. I haven't the time to be making omelletes (not that I can make them anyway, the last time I did Atkins I was still married and the ex was brilliant in the kitchen, thats he only thing I miss about her lol :)) or grilling bacon, sausages etc. As for starting, well I had a few beers last night whilst watching my team (United) get totally outclassed by Barcelona but that's it now they are all gone. I had cereal for breakfast and will make this my last day of carbs so it will all start again tomorrow morning.

Just another point, have any of you guys heard of Power plates? I started using one at the gym but it just became too popular and was difficult to get on it. I've bought a cheaper, home model and the results it gives from just 15 minutes every other day are amazing. My body shape has changed completely. Haven't lost any weight but my muscles are now much more toned and I am a lot stronger. Can't recommend these things enough although they don't give you any cardio vascular benefits they do speed up your metabolism (and make you hungry lol). If anybody is interested in more info then drop me a line, one thing to be wary of is that you get what you pay for and always ensure that the vibration is in the vertical and not the horizontal plane. :)

Hi Craig

I've had a power/vibration plate for a while now, but not used it much myself.
Got it for hubby due to back problems causing weakness in the legs.
I'll have to start using it more myself!
Just put together a 2 in 1 cross-trainer/bike, so will start using that today for cardio.

Hi Craig,

I do my shopping online but it's listed in the cereal aisle.

It's called The Good Carb Food Co Granola and is the same as one of the products on lowcarbmegastore. I've ordered it for delivery tomorrow so will report back on taste once I've tried it.

For some reason I'm starving today so off to have my soup :)

Marion x

Thanks Marion, will go have a look tonight. I'm sure the Go Lower type meals can be replicated and breakfast is always the toughest meal of the day for me. I do love the granola with fruits and yoghurt though mmmm

Morning everyone - how's it going?
Jay

Back