Go Lower

Read all your posts with interest and have been inspired by your stiries so have bought my first golower pack off ebay - I gather you juat add green veg, what are you alllowed to drink? i.e. can you still indulge in tea and coffee etc.? Any help woukld be much appreciated!!

Hello everyone, Hows it going today? Do you all have this glorious weather? Its amazing, can't wait for 5 o'clock and to hit the garden with a Gin and slim line.

Hey flowerpower, welcome to the group. You add green veg to your dinner and you can have plain yogurt and a handful of berries with your breakfast. If having tea and coffee go for decaf and watch you don't have too much milk in the day.

Anyone got anything exciting planned for the weekend? Xx

hi everyone,

no plans for the weekend Bigbum except get out in the sun as much as poss incase it clouds over again!

Welcome flowerpower, I bought my packs on e-bay too so not got instructions but I have lots of lower carb veg with mine. You should be able to get a list of these either from someone on here or try an Atkins site, lots of them have lists of acceptable foods.

Had usual brekkie, mushroom soup (still luvvin' it) & had a chicken kebab tonight with salad. I'm having a cheeky wee vodka & diet coke at the mo - hope it doesn't affect the plan too much.

hope everyone's well

Marion x

Had a sneaky peak at the scales this morning & wish I hadn't as they've not moved since Monday but TOTM so hoping that's the problem and it's not the diet.

Morning everyone - Hope you all have this delicious sunshine!

I'm still waiting on my ebay box - really fed up now, I won it last weekend and because its relatively local thought I'd be able to go and pick it up - Have contacted the seller 3 times now and got no response. Its a whole month's supply and I'm now right out of packs. I got an email from Go Lower with a trial offer of 2 weeks for £99 which would be great but the offer ends tomorrow - I was planning on the ebay stuff being all I needed to get me pretty close to my goal weight so now I don't know what I should do. If the ebay buy turns out to a dud and I don't get it I'll also have missed out on the Go Lower Special offer :eek:

Last night I had a friends kids staying over night. They wanted take away for dinner so we headed off to local KFC. I polished my halo in the queue and ordered a chicken salad while they all had chicken strips and chips etc . Sod's law they were all out of salad after taking moy order so the very apologetic manager appeared and gave us a complimentary party bucket!!!! Ice creams and Cokes all round. I'd have been so impressed with the customer service had it not been for the enormous pile of chips that was then piled up in front of me. What a trial!

Haven't dared look at the scales today - just hoping to be super good and limit the damage!

Marion - I love the Granola from avidlite - I have apple berry which is fab but £4.95 for a 240g bag which I think is a bit dear. They do have quite a few different choices on the site.

Jay

Hello! Can I join you? I've just ordered my 28 day pack, should arrive Tuesday. Any advice for starting?

I've been flitting with different diets for the last month, but none have felt really comfortable. I'm going to give Go Lower a go for a month because I want a quick weight loss - hope to drop a stone in that month. Is that realistic?

Morning all, What a weekend it was, got a nice bit of colour now although I do have a stinking hangover due to one too many G&T's in the garden.
Eventually braved the scales this morning and since my last weigh in 3 weeks ago I am now down to 11st exactly! Over the moon and I have just ordered another months worth of food from Go Lower to get the last stone off. I go away to Crete 5 weeks tomorrow so would love to get to the 10st mark for that. Xx

Woohoo Bigbum - what a fab result. Your stats are fab. Do you stick with Go Lower for every meal or do you make some of your own?

My scales stayed the same this week so not sure if I should go back to having more packet dinners than home-made. The food's tasty enough but it's not really the weather for hot, rich food twice a day so I've been having salads with cold meat or prawns. It should be OK but I'm annoyed that I've not lost anything this week - so much so I had a magnum ice cream & a packet of crisps yesterday, not sure what my point was but it was how I felt. I'm a lot more positive today though & will stick with the plan - 18days 'til my hols & want to be as close to 13st as possible by then.

hope everyone's well

Marion xx

Hi Marion, I've been doing it myself for the last 2 weeks as I finished my 16 week programme I originally signed up for, still use their clusters and nut bars. I thought I might have not lost that much after being on holiday but I only really deviated away from plan on the alcohol front and I was out walking each day so all the extra exercise must have made a bit of a difference.
I think if you stick too it it works, any cheating it doesnt. I have found this out along the way, its quite an unforgiving diet. It only takes one cheat to get your body out of ketosis and then it can take days to get it back in. I'm well overdue a plateau, i think making sure you drink the water is important too, I remember Lou saying that right at the beginning and times I havn't drunk enough is the weeks I didn't lose as much.
You have to remember as well that your weight varies from one day to the next so its best to actually watch your inches. I'm now down to 14 dress size from large 18 / 20 and really hoping to get to the 12 for the holiday.
Xx

Hello everyone :wave_cry:
I am back from holiday and have come to confess my sins, Saturday went well, then Sunday my friend came to join us and it kind of went downhill from there on :( I tried to stick to the food and drink vodka and diet coke but we were out all day and I ended up pretty drunk and at the chippy, dam that lovely seaside fish! :break_diet: Monday I woke up with a stinking hangover and decided to swap the vodka for cider and that was pretty much the end of the diet!!! I am not going to beat myself up about it though, I made the choice, had a fantastic time and will live with the consequences! It is my mom’s birthday Thursday, my wedding anniversary Friday and I have a party to go to Saturday so I am going to forget about starting again till next week :party0016:

I am going to avoid the scales though until I have got going again as seeing a gain will not do me any favours.

Bigbum, glad you had a good holiday, your willpower is amazing, well done :D mine is non existant, I suppose that is why I have so much weight to lose.

Hello flowerpower and fatgirlslims and welcome back CraigyD, I know how hard it is to quit smoking, I gave up 17 years ago so well done, I have a crazy fit vibration massage plate which I think is the same kind of thing as a Power Plate, I brought a couple of years ago to help with by bad back but I have not really used it much, maybe I will dig it back out.

Woofy, glad you sorted out Go Lower :D keep up the good work everyone.

Karen X

Hello back kj2s!

Well, my packs still haven't arrived so I've decided to low carb it today in preparation. My menu (please feel free to comment on it!):

B: 2 hard boiled eggs, unsweetened decaf soya latte
L: Green salad with chicken breast,1/2 avocado, 30g feta, parma ham, dressed with olive oil
S: 100g strawberries with double cream
T: 2 pork steaks with cauliflower mash

Planning to drink 3 litres water and take the dog for a 5 mile walk this eve.

Fingers crossed day 1 goes without a hitch...

Yippee - Finally got my new box of Go Lower goodies..

Jay

Mine arrived today too! So, Letsgetslim, are you starting tomorrow? I've tried low-carbing for the last two days, but in the back of my mind I knew I didn't really have to start until the packs arrived, so I've cheated both days, but now I'm ready to kick it into touch tomorrow with 28 days, no cheating, on Go Lower! Bring it on...

Morning lovely`s.

Ive been dipping in the food box and I cant eat any more. Im finding the meat toooo fatty. Im liking the non meat soups, mushroom is my fav but thats as far as it goes.

I never fully left Atkins/ low carbing as its my way of life,if you read back on my threads I took on Go Lower as a quick low carb something to grab on the run. I hope you all keep up the good work and get to your goals ASAP.

Thankyou for your support over here, but I will be sticking to home cooked foods from now on and not look for a quick ping meal...But I will miss the mushroom soup MMMmmm

Take care, and thanks again.

Woofy X

HTML:
Planning to drink 3 litres water and take the dog for a 5 mile walk this eve

Wow lucky dog lol...

Hope its going well for everyone

Karen X

Good luck woofy - I haven't yet tried a pack, so can't comment on the taste, although the granola is yummy!

kj2s, sadly my dog walking attempts were thwarted and I ended up in the local pub with a mate. Am going out for a few miles with him now though...I usually run with him but I'm not going to risk this diet so near the beginning, so walking it is!

End of 3rd week

Morning all

End of week 3 for me and another 2 pounds lost, which takes me just under 10stone...woohoo!!

My highest weight, when I got serious about losing weight was 15stone 3.5 pounds.
My goal has always been to be 9 stone something, so I was jumping for joy this morning. :D

I got another 2 weeks supply from my friend, so looking forward to continued success.

Loving my new elliptical/bike machine. I get on it while watching the Biggest Loser UK show.

Good luck everyone!

S/W 10st 9.5
G/W 9st

Week 1 - 4lbs lost :D
Week 2 - 1.4lbs lost
Week 3 - 2lbs lost :D

Last edited:
No-one has noticed since I've been on golower.

However, having lost 5 stone there have been some big changes!
When I told hubby this morning I got under 10st, he said don't get too skinny...will never happen I like my food too much!

His daughter, when she saw the golower box, asked what it was.
When I said "diet meals" she said what do you need that for.
Now that made me feel great!!

My goal is to get to about 9 1/2 stone and see how I feel.
If I can maintain between 9 and 9 1/2 I'll be happy.

9 1/2 is my goal as well, being the same height. Ive been there before and its a nice size to be.

Good luck hunni....

Woofy X

Back