Go Lower

Thanks woofy, good luck to you too!

Hi Everyone

WELL DONE Lizzy that is so so so BRILLIANT you must be made up.
what an inspiration to us all. 15 stone to under 10 is very impressive.

Karen - I'm glad you had a good holiday - don't blame you for stepping out of go lower a bit its a holiday after all!

Fatgirlslims - Hope your first week is going well, I'm on week 3 now and making steady progress and really liking the fact that people are actually starting to notice and ask if I've lost weight (Yippee) . I'm aiming to be 10 1/2 by end of July when I go away on Holiday and then if I can get to it 9 1/2 by the middle of September when I'm going to a big family wedding. How about you - What goals are you setting?

Jay

Hi Lizzy, well done on your weight loss!
I was wondering how you have lost the majority of your weight if you have only been doing Go Lower for the last 3 weeks??

Hi

Nothing "special" just basic calorie counting and exercise.

So if you have done so well with calorie counting why have you moved over to Go Lower? Also how many calories did you have a day?
Sorry if it sounds like I'm interrogating you I'm just really keen (desperate) to find how people have achieved great weight losses.

Hi everyone,

how you all doing?

My scales have stayed the same now for about 10days so I'm getting a wee bit fed up. I've stopped having home-made dinners and have stuck to Go Lower meals only for the past 3 days but still no shift. I've run out of snacks & today was my last breakfast so hoping to get something on e-bay or else I'll buy from Go Lower themselves, I noticed they had a 2 week offer for £99 or 4 weeks for £225 (though I'd be cheaper buying 2 x 2wks).

Only 16days 'til my hols - woohoo!!!!

marion x

I was stuck for several months so wanted to try something different.
I still track calories, too low on golower really, I need to add more snacks.

I "try" to get in a minimum of 1200 calories.

Letsgetslim - my goals are to lose 2 stone by end August (I'm starting a PGCE in Sept, and as I'm a stay at home mum at the mo, I'll need the best part of a whole new wardrobe for teaching - I don't want to buy it in my current size), and then to drop another stone gradually.

The calories are very low on this diet. I've got a spreadsheet going on how much I'm eating (I'm trying not to let it influence me, more out of interest and usefulness for when I'm going it alone later), and yesterday, sticking rigidly to the diet, no extras, I had 934 kcal, and just under 31g carbs.

I had granola with 1/2 small tub greek yoghurt and 100g strawberries, the broccoli soup for lunch, chicken fricasse with cabbage for tea and the bacon crispies as a snack. I didn't have any milk in drinks.

I guess, if you add on all the extras they allow you (cream with the breakfast, cheese on the soup, the milk allowance, high protein snacks - chicken, babybel etc., and their choccie treat), it'll take you nearer 1500kcal.

Anyway, we're not supposed to be paying any attention to calories on this diet, so if I feel the need for extra, I am going to have it, and just see how it affects my weight loss.

Hi Fatgirlslims (do you have another name?) - Congrats on the PGCE course. Don't be too hasty to buy your teaching clothes all up front. I've been a teacher for 19 years and the biggest thing you'll notice is that you're on your feet most of the time and it burns calories like crazy. I only put my weight on once I became a head teacher and came out of the classroom daily enviornment. Also different schools have different dress codes so you may need to be quite flexible with your wardrobe.

It certainly sounds like you made a cracking start. Good luck for first weigh in.

Jay

Yes, other name is Zoe!

Excellent news about the calorie burn! I am v worried that the stress of the PGCE (I'm also a single parent of two), might lead me to stress-eat. I'm going to have to keep a close eye on that. Thank you for the advice on clothes. I won't have reached my goal then anyway (unless Go Lower actually turns out to be a weight loss miracle!), so you're right, I think a few nice basics will work well.

Is it Primary or Secondary PGCE?

Hi Zoe,
my box arrived today so am more or less same stage as you - as I bought off ebay I don't have any instructions but am guessing you can add veg to meals and have yoghurt and berries with the breakfast - the packets for brekkie are very small - hope it fills me up!!

Evening Ladies

Zoe - I'm in Primary so quite a big difference, hope you do well xx

Flowerpower - I was worried about the tiny breakfast but once you add berries they really do seem to fill you up - all that chewing on the nuts and seeds I guess!

Hope everyone is doing well. I found the first meal I really didn't like tonight. Was looking forward to trying a few packets with my new ebay box and this evening was Chicken Chasseur - It was awful a really runny sauce and a very ropey bit of chicken that looked like it had been mangled! - Couldn't stand it and after one bite the whole lot went in the dog and I had a ham and cheese omelette instead. May have to munch my way through the bacon crunchies tonight!

Would love some ice cream!

Jay

this evening was Chicken Chasseur - It was awful a really runny sauce and a very ropey bit of chicken that looked like it had been mangled! - Couldn't stand it and after one bite the whole lot went in the dog Jay[/QUOTE said:
I felt the same hunni. The mushroom soup is nice. I puttin mine on ebay 2m. Have about 14 meals, soups and other bits and bobs. I hope you find a dish you like.

Woofy x

evening all,

I'm struggling a bit with the evening meals, the sauces are just so rich.

last night I had grilled salmon with salad & tonight I had bacon, eggs, mushroom & a sausage - healthy or what!!! At least it's low carb.

I've no granola left but usually have brekkie at work so have made a breakfast fritatta for tomorrow - chopped bacon, 2 eggs, spring onion, chopped mushrooms, a wee dollop of cream & a wee drop of grated cheese. Mix it all together & put into a well greased dish & stick in the oven 'til firm. Eat hot or cold

My scales were flashing between 13:08 & 13:09 this morning but settled on 13:09 so hopefully I'll get a loss showing by the weekend.

how's everyone else getting on?

Marion x

hi woofy,

will look out for your listing. Are you selling it as a whole or in lots? Only ask 'cos I'm in dire need of granola. I bought some lunches & snacks from e-bay last week but think I'll stick to home-made dinners with the odd GL meal when I can't be bothered cooking as I'm really not that fussed on most of the main meals I've had so far.

Marion x

Apparently you can buy low carb granola from other sites - I think Avidlite was mentioned, and just measure out the 30g...I like having GL's handily measured portions though.

Mmmm grilled salmon sounds nice - I might go for that when I've had enough sauces.

Today was tough. Headachey and hungry mainly. But stuck to it, had a bar and crispies today to get me through (although still under 1000 kcal which is interesting). Still, it's done, tomorrow will be tough as well but once I'm into ketosis I hope things will ease up a little.

Letsgetslim - spent a day in a primary school and couldn't cope! I know a lot of primary teachers say that about secondary though...I worked as a cover supervisor in a local secondary for a while so I'm fairly confident that I've made the right choice, but you never know...

Flowerpower, from memory the extras you are allowed are:

Breakfast: can have nut bar instead of granola, can use cream or greek yoghurt with the granola (watch for carbs, some are higher than others), 100g berries only (blueberries are the highest carb so if you have them try and combine with another berry type). Can substitute eggs instead of granola (useful if your weightloss stalls)

Lunch: can add as much full fat hard cheese (e.g. cheddar, parmesan) to the soups as you want. Can also add lean protein if they're not filling you up, but try without first.

Snacks: can have up to two a day from GL (e.g. one bar, one packet of crispies), can also supplement with lean protein (e.g. chicken drumstick, prawns, cheese - only the equiv of two babybels)

Drinks: no caffeine (decaf tea / coffee only), no diet fizzy drinks that use aspartame (I think volvic touch of is the only flavoured drink allowed because it uses sucralose, a natural sweetener, and has nil carbs)

Other: Up to 250ml milk a day (can be used in granola, or decaf tea /coffee etc.)

Dinner: Can add a portion of green veg or salad. No tomatoes or carrots. They did send a full list but I can't remember it all. Will try and type it out tomorrow or find a copy of the list online. Can cook them with butter / oil if you like, or add cream.

Hope this helps, feel free to PM me or leave a message here if you have any further questions

Morning everyone,

I am still 'off the waggon' until I get past this weekend :eek: but I thought I would say hello anyway :) It is my wedding anniversary today - 16 years wow! don't time fly :D

I have been eating normal carb filled family meals and I can really feel the difference, I have lost my energy and I feel sluggish :sigh: I am looking forward to getting back onto Go Lower next week and into Ketosis again :D

Hope you are all doing well, have a great weekend :)

Karen X

Hi Everyone

Woofy - mate, good to see you are still checking in on us - wouldn't like to see you go for good! I do like quite a few of the meals esp the Beef in thyme gravy and the curries and I love the Tex Mex soup. I know you'd said about the meat in the Beef but mine so far has been ok - However, I really couldn't stomach the chicken last night. I do think the meat is a bit of a mixed bag, which considering the cost and the very clear labelling of all natural foods is VERY dissapointing!

Marion - I've bought granola from avidlite which is OK - they do loads of different varieties but watch the carbs some are higher than others. I like the Apple Berry one. Fingers crossed for next week's weigh in for you.

Karen - CONGRATULATIONS 16 years is a big deal "Way to go You!" Have a really great evening - are you doing something special?

Zoe - Primary is very different, quite a lot more physical but below Y4 it doesn't carry quite the same marking workload as secondary subjects. I love the variety of the full curriculum and everyday in my life is very different. Just love the laughter in the school and the fun we all have - Without sounding too soppy I really appreciate how lucky I am to work with children everyday, they still see life as adventure and have a natural passion to learn that is contagious - Best job in the world! (Mind you I'll moan along with every other teacher about long hours and too much paperwork) - but in the current economic climate I really feel privelidged to have a job I love, that brings me so much joy and pride. (Pass a bucket now and I promise not to gush further!)

Jay

Back