Go Lower

Thanks for the granola tip again Jay. I bought some granola last week but I'm not convinced it's that low carb so have been avoiding it - tastes fab though.

I'll have a look on the Avidlite site & see what I can find

My fritatta was yummy this morning but I'm not organised enough to cook something in advance every day so the granola is ideal 'cos it takes 30secs to prepare.

Woohoo Karen on 16yrs. I'll be 16yrs married at the end of the month - scary!!!

Anyone doing anything special this weekend?

Marion x

Thanks for the advice - i was going to eat raw carrots for snacks so guess they're off the list. As everythng is very sauce loaded what do you guys use instead of rice or spuds? I thought of mashing swede and carrot but guess you have to stick to cabbage.

Simone

You can mash Celeriac which tastes quite like potato - only place to get it around here is Sainsbury's and they haven't had any for a couple of weeks. It does roast as well which is VERY VERY Yummy if like me you're a potato addict.

Jay

Hi Flower Power

Here's the veg list

Vegetables one portion daily
Go Lower portion
Metric portion

Artichoke Heart globes
Three
300g

Asparagus
Large handful
100g

Aubergine
One small
220g

Baby corn
1 handful
100g

Broccoli
Handful / florettes
180g

Brussel Sprouts
1 handful
100g

Cauliflower
Large handful
180g

Celeriac
Half
150g

Celery
One heart/five stalks (trimmed
200g

Courgette
Two -
212g

Curly Kale
Large handful
200g

Fennel
One
150g

Green Beans
A handful -
150g

Green pepper
two
150g

Large Green cabbage
Quarter
200g

Leeks
Two trimmed
203g

Mushrooms -field
Large handful /10
203g

Pak choi
Two
200g

Radish
8 radishes
100g

Savoy cabbage
Quarter
200g

Spinach
One Bag -
200g

Spring Greens
Handful or one bag
200g

Spring onions
2 or 3 onions
80g

Sweet heart cabbage
Half
150g

Watercress
One bunch
88g

Also, you can make rice with the cauliflower. I haven't tried it yet, but apparently grate cauliflower, stick in microwave for 3-4 min covered in clingfilm. Do not add water, contains enough of its own otherwise it'll get soggy.

Hope that works for you - as I say, I haven't tried it yet...;)

Hope everyones days are going well. Mine's a toughie but I'm hanging on in there. Tempted to treat myself and buy a lovely big steak for tea tonight...

Jay - lovely to hear someone enthusing about teaching, even if it is a totally different experience primary v. secondary! One of my closest friends is a secondary teacher and she LOVES it, but I've also had so so many people say "Going into teaching? Why on earth would you want to do that..."

You can mash Celeriac which tastes quite like potato - only place to get it around here is Sainsbury's and they haven't had any for a couple of weeks. It does roast as well which is VERY VERY Yummy if like me you're a potato addict.

Jay

oooh, might be steak and celeriac for tea then...

Hmmm, yum, celeriac makes good chips too. Cut them into chip shapes put a bit of oil over them and put in a medium oven and cook for 35-45 mins turning occasional.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend and the sun makes it to you all. Xx

hi woofy,

will look out for your listing. Are you selling it as a whole or in lots? Only ask 'cos I'm in dire need of granola. I bought some lunches & snacks from e-bay last week but think I'll stick to home-made dinners with the odd GL meal when I can't be bothered cooking as I'm really not that fussed on most of the main meals I've had so far.

Marion x

Hi, hun.

I will get my bottom into gear 2n and list it.

Ive 11 days of breakfast
8 soups
11 dinners
2 smokey bacon crunch
3 nut bars
1 coconut bar

Woofy X

Hi Everyone

Woofy - mate, good to see you are still checking in on us - wouldn't like to see you go for good! I do like quite a few of the meals esp the Beef in thyme gravy and the curries and I love the Tex Mex soup. I know you'd said about the meat in the Beef but mine so far has been ok - However, I really couldn't stomach the chicken last night. I do think the meat is a bit of a mixed bag, which considering the cost and the very clear labelling of all natural foods is VERY dissapointing!

Jay

Im never far away, babes lol... I love this thread and Atkins/lowcarb. Good to see your all doing so well. Keep it up, Girls and Guys!! :D:D:D:D:D

Im back on full time Atkins but I have to say, I do miss the soups... BUT you Cant have it all.....

Woofy X

Bigbum Thanks for the chips tip - I think it's steak and chips for me.

Jay

Celeriac Chips - OMG - Wonderful !!
Here's recipe I found (I didn't bother giving them a quick boil just put them straight in the oven and they were ready to eat in 25 mins)

2 large celeriac (1.3kg/3lb total weight)
3-4 tbsp groundnut or vegetable oil

1 tbsp mild curry
  1. Peel the celeriac, slicing off the top and bottom and sweeping down the sides with a heavy, sharp knife to remove the tough skin. Cut the celeriac into thumb-thick slices and then into fat chips.
  2. Bring a very large saucepan of salted water to the boil, throw in the chips and blanch (boil rapidly, uncovered, for 1-2 minutes). Drain the chips and throw back into the saucepan. Add the oil, curry powder and sea salt. Toss until well coated.
  3. Spread the chips over a large heavy baking sheet, leaving plenty of space. 30-35 minutes to cook 230C/ gas 8/fan 210C
I've got family visiting today and I'm doing Roast chicken with green veg and swapping Roast Potatoes for Celeriac - not going to tell them and see if they notice.

Had a fabulous result on weigh in this morning dropped 4lbs even though I've had the odd nibble on forbidden bits! Didn't feel like eating much yesterday and skipped a meal altogether which isn't a smart move I know.
Having a clear out of my wardrobe today - getting rid of all my size 16s and moving the 14s into the "Your days are numbered" section !!! Aiming to be in a 12 comfortably in 3 weeks. (fingers crossed)

Hope you all have great Sunday - It's raining here so I'm off to find muddy puddles to jump in with my 3 year old while my teenage son tries to disown me :eek: :D

Jay

Hep peeps, like Woofy and one or two others i can't stand the Go Lower food either. mushrooms are one of my favourite foods but i found the soup odd tasting and just generally horrible. Was just going to bin what i had left but might put on ebay, try and recoup at least some of the outlay. I've been looking ta other diets other than low carbing and there are others that still use ketosis as the main method for fat loss. Stumbled across this which sounds interesting The Fast-5 Diet and the Fast-5 Lifestyle. It's basically a fasting technique where you are only allowed to eat between 5:00pm and 10:00pm daily. That will easily fit within my lifestyle and is said to give the same benefits as Atkins. On the site there is a free e-book that can be downloaded. i've just read it and the theory seems sound. I'll keep you guys updated on progress in the absence of a specific sub-forum + i like you lot! Take a look and let me know what you think!!

Craigy. I know where ur coming from, babes : O (

Let us know how u get on, hun

Woofy X

Food for sale!!!!

Hi everyone,

Great to see all your results - v inspiring!

This time last year I was on W8 and lost two and a half stone, decided to try Go Lower for a change and unfortunately found myself tied in for 16 weeks - yikes!! (one v expensive lesson learned).

Worse still - I don't like the food. Like a few of you on here I find the sauces too rich and there is way too much mushroom for me.

If any of you would like to buy some of the packs from me, I have about 6 weeks supply with lots of variety. It is advertised on their web site at £9 per day but I will be happy to sell for £6 per day - please get in touch.

Regards

Kathryn

Hi all,

sorry to read so many negative posts about the food. I wonder if the warmer weather isn't helping, it's not exactly the type of food you fancy when it's warm. I like the brekkies, lunches & snacks but struggle with the dinners so only have them maybe twice a week.

Luvvin the celeriac tip. I've seen it in the supermarket but never knew what to do with it so will be seeking it out and give it a try.

Was 13:07 this morning so that's 8lbs in 3 weeks - woohoo! Only 10days til hols so doubt I'll get to my 1st target but I'll give it my best shot

Hope everyone's well

Marion xx

Where does everyone buy their celeriac?
Went to Morrisons today and they don't sell it.

Lizzy - Tescos and Sainsbury's sell it but usually its gone by Saturday evening so grab it quick. - It freezes well as Mash if you want to buy a few.

Jay

Hi Caroline

W8 is a shake / soup meal replacement diet. I had a period of about 8 weeks when I was angelic and stuck to it 90% of the time. Most of them were nice tasting and quick to make (you could also take them with you and mix on the go - so very convenient). Like every diet though, it's mind over matter and eventually I got bored and found it more difficult to stick to (and consume the required 4 litres of water per day!)
Go Lower I find far too rich - it's like eating Sunday lunch twice a day! and the breakfast crunch gives me stimach ache.
Kathryn

Back