Go Lower

Thanks Jay!

I went straight out to Tescos after getting your reply and bought 3.
Had it with dinner and it's my new favourite veggie!!

Week 4 Weigh in

Well it had to happen sooner or later.
A small gain this week of 0.6 pound.
Not surprising really as I had a "bad"weekend and didn't eat fully go lower.
Back on track this week!

Hi Lizzy

I think you are being harsh on yourself - I would say that was a stay the same week rather than a gain - my scales are out of the ark and only give me stone and pounds so I don't have to factor in any decimal points - On my scales you'd have plateaued which is not bad for a cheat week!

I'm struggling with the food at the mo, I jus don't fancy eating anything else mushroom flavoured! real food is so much nicer - Today for lunch I had beef steak with lime and chili rub which I put in a low carb wrap with some baby spinach and mayo (it was heaven!) - Tried to make up for it with Tex Mex soup . I'm npow of the mindset that I'm gradualy cutting out carbs and eating far far less than I used to that the weight will go of its own accord. The Go lower stuff is sat in the kitchen as a back up now.

Hope everyone else is OK and shedding those pounds!

Jay

evening all.

Lizzie, I think you're being a bit hard on yourself counting a gain of 0.6lbs. OK a gain is a gain but you could gain that much by having a glass of water or lose it by going to the loo so I don't think you've got too much to worry about.

Jay, I feel pretty much the same but I've got the motivation of my hols next Friday to keep me at it. I've been sticking to GL brekkies & lunch & making a home-made dinner. It's not too hard with a bit of thought & planning & I might not be losing quite as quickly but I am losing so that's all that matters really.

Roll on next Firday - woohoo!!!!

Marion x

Where are you off to Marrion?

I've really blown it this week - gave in to a longing for fruit yesterday and had 2 bananas and strawberries and icew cream last night. Went out with friends to Pizza Express and completely caved in with the dough balls too. Not even going to peek on the scales as I know it's not going to be pretty!

I'm going to try some damage limitation today and have eggs for lunch - can't face the soup. I shall give myself a stiff talking too as I'm determined to break the stone lost target by next week.

Bought some size 12 clothes this week which was a real boost - now I have to get a grip!

Looks like its going to be pretty good weather today so might try getting out for a lovely long walk (Anywhere away from the fridge!).

Have a great weekend ladies .

Jay

Morning all, How we all doing? Hope you all had a great weekend. It was one of my friends bdays and boy did I drink too much. Was doing really well and sticking to G & Slimline but then went to a different pub and they had NO diet drinks! Whats that all about? So I had to have vodka and coke - blurgh, it was so sweet and I swear the sugar rush must have got me more drunk. Anyway one thing lead to another and I bought a pizza on my way home. I have never felt so ill and bloated as what I did yesterday and to make matters worse I had the worst carb cravings all day and finally succumbed to a fry up including potato scones, hash browns and toast - then felt even worse all evening. Fully back on track today with scrambled eggs and smoked salmon for breakfast and going to have a nice green salad with the new salami from Go Lower and then beef in thyme gravy tonight. Xx

Hi BB - Dont worry about falling off the wagon - I think we all have to step out a little -
The salami sounds nice -Is it special stuff or can we eat any salami?

Jay

Hello everyone

I thought it was about time I checked in an confessed my sins :wave_cry: My holiday week turned into 3 because I couldn't face starting again :sigh::sigh::sigh: but I had a harsh word with myself and got going again on Friday, so far I am finding it very hard but I have to keep at it, I know it will get easier once I get back into ketosis :D

Bigbum, don't worry about your slip up, I think you deserve a medal you have done ssoooo well :D

Lizzy, I agree with Jay & Marion, you will soon have that 0.6lb off :)

Jay have you managed to get back on track after your Pizza mishap? hope so :)

Karen X

Only ask 'cos I'm in dire need of granola.

Marion x

Hi hunni. Saw last night some1 is selling the Granola on its own on good old Ebay!!!!!

I hope this is some help to you as I know you were after some....

Woofy X

Morning all,

Well it must be the weekend for blow-outs 'cos I've been seriously pigging on anything sweet, sugary & carb loaded!! Then there was the alcohol...

I go on hols on Friday (Menorca for a week) so not sure if there's any point in getting fully back on track as there's no way I'll manage to stick to low carb while I'm away but I'm determined to at least stick to a 'healthy' diet until then.

Woofy, thanks for the e-bay tip, I'll have a wee look later.

Scales were 2lbs up this week thanks to my carb/alcohol blow out but I'm thinking it'll be mostly fluid as it pretty much went on overnight so I'm hoping it won't be a lasting weight gain.

Marion x

Hey all

How are you all doing? Looks like we all have little blips here and there - but I think as long as you see it as a small blip and jump back into "being good" as soon as you can you can recover. For me I see this as really a chance to adopt a healthier eating regime so I'm not worrying too much about if I have a bad day (Pizza, dough balls etc) because I can make amends with a couple of days being stricter with myself. I think its defiantly a bit of a life style change.

Anyway today I am celebrating - I got into a pair of size 10 trousers - Whoop whoop yippee!!!!!! - mind you, still a little tight to be seen in public but the zip was done up and I didn't lose the feeling in my legs from lack of blood circulation so I'm seeing it as a triumph!

Have gone right off the Go lower bits and decided to sell most of them on ebay - might hang on to the brekki as I like that and a couple of the Tex Mex soups for lunches - but I'm really not eating the packets now - feel happier and more fulfilled with a salad and chicken or Celeriac chips and a couple of sausages or a mini steak
Now I just have to get my act together and list it all so I can have it all done and dusted before I go off on Holiday.

How about everyone else? Are you still sticking to the packets – I had an email from Go Lower mentioning the summer menu, is it better?

Jay

Hello

Hello Everybody,

I haven't been on since 30th April, mainly because I completely gave up and had a complete crash and burn. Put on about half a stone. Got a wedding to go to in August so trying to climb back on the diet wagon to get myself feeling slim and gorgeous by the time I go outfit shopping in August.......

Started on Monday but have no go lower lunches so had Granola with berries and yogurt for brekkie, two Morrison's cheese portions for snack. Salad with smoked mackrel for lunch a nut bar and Go Lower Sausage casserole with courgette and mushroom stir fry for tea........ does this sound okay?

I had pretty much the same on Tuesday except chicken and leeks in cream with no veg for tea. I am eating kabana sausages and cheese for snacks as well as the nut bars, I am not really sticking to Go Lower but figure I am sticking to the principles.

Anybody eat Miso soup? It's low carb and high protein and very filling would love to know what people think?

I am on day three and think I am doing okay but guess time will tell. My weight is all over last night I weighed 15.10, this morning 15 and this evening 15.6! GAH! (I know obsessed with the scales isn't healthy).

I guess I just don't feel like I am sticking to it, I feel like I am eating too much but can't stop myself (this is a theme..... think I am addicted to food and any time I go on a diet I feel ravenous!).

OMG!!! Hope it works, will keep you posted.

Hx

Ok so have slept on it and feeling a lot better today, was panicking becuase this time last time round the weight was beginning to come off (hence obsession with scales!). I have to admit I have weighed myself this morning and I am.... still.............15.6.

Decided that the snacking has to go, I am going to ban cheese for a week as I think this is my downfall! I will still have kabana sausages as they have 0.01g carbohydrate and stil with my protien salads for lunch (today is tuna). Whats the deal with Balsamic Vinegar? Can I have it? I have been using a balsamic salad dressing.

Figure if I can just do a couple of days with minimul snacking I will be in ketosis fully (can't be at the moment, even though I had big headaches on Tuesday, that must just have been caffiene withdrawal!) and won't want to snack anyway.

Will keep you posted! H x

Anyway today I am celebrating - I got into a pair of size 10 trousers - Whoop whoop yippee!!!!!! - mind you, still a little tight to be seen in public but the zip was done up and I didn't lose the feeling in my legs from lack of blood circulation so I'm seeing it as a triumph!

Jay

WHOOP!!! WHOOP!!!
:D:D:D:DWELL DONE GETTING INTO THE SIZE 10`S:D:D:D:D

Top feeling isnt it :D

Goes to show you put the hard work in and Go Lower worked!!!!!

Woofy X

It's blinking Fab Woof - Makes it all worth while!!!!!

Jay

Hello everyone

How is everyone doing?

Well done Jay, thats quite an achievment :clap:

Weigh in today and I have lost 4lbs this week :D it was hard going but hey I got through it!

Have a good weekend

Karen X

Hi Karen!

My name is Catherine and I am a newbe.

I have just bought 6 weeks of go lower packs from e-bay and started today!

Could you pleas give me a few pointers on how to use the diet as I did not get any instructions with it.

What other fruit & veg can I have and how much of each?

I tried the breakfast on its own and nearly threw up!
Can take something with it and again how much?

I would really appreciate your help as I really don't know how to use this site and see that you have been doing really well and seem very popular.

Thanks in advance.

Catherine x

Hi Catherine :wavey:

Lets see if I can answer a few questions for you, right you can have the granola with cream, natural yogurt greek is advised or milk, the allowance is 250ml a day, if you don't use it on the granola you can use it in drinks. You can also add berries to the Granola the allowance is one handful - 100g!

For lunch you have the soup to which you can add a handful of grated cheese if you want.

As for the veg with the evening meal there are lots of choices, here are some of them, broccoli 180g, cauliflower 180g, celeriac 150g, courgette 212g, green beans 150g, green cabbage 200g, leeks 203g, you can boil or steam them then if you like fry or mash them up with a nob of butter.

For a snack you can have the nut bar and also if you get hungry you can snack on protien foods like chicken.

You need to drink at least 2 litres of water a day, yum, you can have sugar free volvic touch of fruit and also decaf tea and coffee.

Hope this helps a little, if you have any more questions just ask away :D

Karen X

Thanks for the info Karen, had the pea & ham soup for lunch - fine, but the chicken chausseur I had for tea had to be binned. The chicken was horrible!

I have read through the threads on the forum and I am going to try my best. Especially as I have six weeks worth of food!!

Thanks again for your help and fingers crossed for tomorrow.
icon7.gif

Catherine

Hello all, how we all doing? Well done karen on the first week, awesome result.
Any news with anyone? Xx

Back