Go Lower

Hi everyone!

Sorry to say the go lower diet is not for me!

I have given it a go, but I have been sick every time I eat the food.

I shall have to try something else.

I have now 6 weeks of food I bought off the internet and I'm wondereing if someone would like to buy it off me.

A few meals are up on 31/07/09 and a few on 31/08/09 but the majority are
November 2009 and January 2010.

I paid £206 on e-bay for them but would like to offer them to anyone who can give me a decent offer before I put them on ebay again.

I look forwards to hearing from you.

Thanks.

Catherine x

Hi All
Been a bit quiet lately as I've been away with the new man - am sooo loved up and completely lost my appetite. Stuck to diet principles and avoided bread and potatoes etc so no damage done while away. I'm hopeful I may still have lost weight this week.

Have pretty much stopped eating Go Lower now except the Granola occasionally and I still have a few snack bars. I'm just having salads for lunch and dinner which seems to do the trick. Hoping to lose a little more before my holidays but actually feeel really good at the weight I am now so I'm thinking of trying to go for a maintenance plan. Have started to add fruit occasionally, which is fabulous as I'm a real fruit addict. Will see how it goes.

Hope everyone else is well - Karen I hope this week's weigh in goes well after last week's brilliant loss, Fingers crossed!

Jay

Hi Karen

How have you managed to get such a long signature? - everytime I go to update mine it says no more than 250 characters and won't let me add anything

Moning Jay

It is to do with the number of posts you have made, I'm pretty sure you get a longer signature once you have made 50 posts so you are almost there :)

Weigh in went well again this week, I have lost another 3lbs:D just need another 9lbs now in the next 3 weeks to get to my mini goal of 15 & half for my hols! Its a bit steep but I am certainly gonna try :)

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Karen X

Thanks Karen - I shall keep posting!

Well done on another 3 pounds you must be so delighted with the progress you've made. Fingers crossed for mini goal I bet you can do it.

I've just sold all my Size 16 and Size 14 clothes on ebay - No going back now!!!

Hi all,

Good to see a few of you are still doing really well - Jay, I'm sooooo jealous of your sz10s, finger's X'd I'll be joining you in selling all my bigger sizes in a few months & Karen, what a fab kickstart.

Well, I had a fab holiday. Lots of relaxation but sadly lots of carbs too. Hey ho, I knew it'd be almost impossible to stick to low carb so was prepared to take the hit. I've put on 3-5lbs depending on how my scales feel but I'm back on track as of this morning so hopefully that'll be gone by this time next week.

What I noticed more than anything was how quickly my tum exploded, I looked pregnant within about 2days - not pleasant & enough to make me ditch the carbs PDQ!!

hope everyone's well

Marion x

Hi Catherine,
You're not alone - I too found the food vile. Think yourself lucky though, I "apparently" signed up for 16 weeks at £186 a month!(needless to say this was not clearly explained AND, due to an error on their part, my email address was taken down incorrectly and I failed to receive the confirmation email. If I had I would have exercised my rights under the 7 day cooling off period and cancelled). They have taken £744 off me and the founder hasn't had the curtesy to even reply to my letters!!!!!!
So, everyone out there - beware!!
(sorry for sounding off but I'm furious - and nearly divorced!)

NEW TO GO LOWER

Hi, I've recently finished LL foundation and cant face another shake!! So I have ordered a months supply of food from Go Lower to loose my last 10lb or so. How is everyone finding it? I will hopefully get my parcel tomorrow to start on Thursday. Cant wait. I keep bingeing so dont want to have gained more than a couple of pounds before I start it.
Please let me have some success stories to keep me going xx

Hi Skinnyminnie,

welcome to GL. As you might have seen, the food is not for everyone but if you enjoy it then you should see the lbs fall off pretty quickly.

Sadly, I've gained over the past couple of weeks 'cos I was on hols but I'm back on track and hope to shift the holiday gain by next weigh-in - finger's X'd

Marion x

Hi everyone!

I have just signed up for 16 weeks of GoLower, and expect my food pack delivery on Tuesday, my friend has signed up for the 20 week plan too so we are starting together, her food has arrived and she has said she found it very tasty.

I am feeling quite positive about the diet as I did Atkins a few years ago and it was successful for me, (until I went to work in Asia for 6 months and eat rice and noodles every day!)

The consultant we have spoken to has been great, (much better than some of the other diet counsellors I contacted before I decided to commit to this) so I am looking forward to getting started and losing this excess fat!

Will get weighed in Boots tomorrow, and post up the shame!

hi Demi,

nice to see another new 'face', finger's X'd you enjoy the food & see results quickly.

This week has been so-so. Started off very enthusiastic, had 3 good days then had a night out so went right off the rails. Of course, the next day I had a carb craving hangover & gorged myself. All the weight I lost in the 3 good days went straight back on - that'll teach me!!

Back on track today & back at work tomorrow so that'll help with any willpower issues. I am sooooooo determined I'm going to keep losing 'cos I was getting such a buzz out of it & of course it's fab having clothes that actually fit!

hope everyone's well

Marion xx

Last edited:
thanks!
My food pack arrived today and I am quite impressed with the quality and quantity.
Only niggles are that the info is not all that good, my welcome pack is missing, as was my friends.

I tried the pea and ham soup for lunch and it was very tasty, so looking forward to getting stuck in!

Hello everyone. How are we all doing?

Well I have just come back from holiday, been to Crete for a week and I fell off the wagon a little and had to eat the gorgeous olive oil crisps they have (thank god they dont have them here!) and I had chips quite a few nights with my meals and a lot of fruit and some bread but other as that stuck to protein and lots of greek salads (and booze!!). Result is a gain of 6lbs but no change in my inches so I am guessing this will all be a store of water and glycogen in my Liver. Back on strict high proteina and low carb this morning and I'm sure it will shift quick enough. Xx

Hey Lilac, best idea is to give them a call, there is different pricing for the different options. Xx

Hello!! New to Go Lower

Hiya!

I have signed up to start Go Lower.. :) Hopefully my food packs will arrive Mon/Tues ish. Cant wait! :D I have tried just about every diet :mad: :cry::sigh: including the Cambridge.. YUK YUK YUK!!:cry:

What is the average weight loss etc per month ish!?!?

I have about 5 stone to loose :eek:, in as quick time as possible as going on holiday to Florida in Jan!! (Big family holiday!!:family2:) I have got my swim suit to wear!! Just need to loose the weight to get into it!!:)

Really hope to hear from you guys so that we can motivate each other through our journeys! :)

xx

Hey Yummy Mummy, Welcome to Go Lower. Have your meals arrived?
Its quite realistic to lose 5 stone before your holiday. The one piece if advise I have to give is don't cheat, because of the way the diet works if you do cheat it puts you out of ketosis and it can delay your progress quite a lot.
I have to say that Go Lower has completely changed my life and I am so glad I found them.
I was at one of my old uni friends weddings this weekend and I wore a size 12 dress, albeit with a big pair of bridget jones style pants but it looked great and everyone who I havn't seen in years hardly even recognised me! Best feeling.
Xx

Hi all,
Been lurking for a couple of days as my wife and I had been toying with the idea of a VLCD - either Lighter Life or Cambridge Diet. However, having done Herbalife myself many years ago I was not looking forward to shakes :9529:.

After reading on this site about Go Lower it immediately appealed - I've come across versions of the "paleo diet" or "caveman diet" as Go Lower call it and this makes perfect sense to me - we need to eat what our bodies evolved to eat.

Have tried variants before like Atkins and Marisa Peer's gluten/dairy free plan but the problem has always been really knowing what (and how much) we should be eating.

Go Lower appeals because it gives you controlled and prepared portions, a fair amount of variety, and no shakes! :D

We both have a long way to go so we signed up for the 20 week program. It's a big commitment but this is pretty much the last chance saloon for both of us as we've tried soooo many diets over the years.

It's good to see some people here in the same boat! Hopefully we can all encourage each other to reach our goals!

Back