Go Lower

Me too, I have now lost 15lb, it's unusual coz Ken tends to lose weight faster than me.
No exercise, no counting calories, no weighing off food, and I am sure we are paying less each week, than our normal shop, it's crazy how is this happening so easily?
Yada yada yada, I know, Ketosis, but this is just too easy.

Hey Bigbum, how's the golf coming? We like to play a round every now and again, Ken brought me a pink set last anniversary, so now I have a pink bag, a pink golf set, pink hat and pink balls...I kinda love Pink, can you tell?

Hey everyone,

Well started back on the plan today. I've been buying my supplies off e-bay and have got a few new meals to try so hopefully I'll enjoy them.

Ken & Sandy - WOW!!!! I bet you're both over the moon with the results so far. What better way to stay motivated. Luvvin the pinkness Sandy lol

Hidjus, how are you finding it now? hopefully your tum has settled down now & you're getting good results too.

Marion xx

Morning all, How are we all doing?

Ken and Sandy, oh my goodness!! Well done, you really are doing brilliant!

Golf is going well. I have just been going to a 3 par pitch and put and the first time I went I was 41 over and after this weekend I am was 14 over. Absolutely loving it! I've been eying up a pink set which I may treat myself too.

I have just completely finished all of my Go Lower food and I am over the moon to report that I now weigh 142lbs. I am now buying size 10 tops no problem and I have one pair of 10 jeans and my 12s are all loose. :)

Hope you all have a brilliant day. Xx

CONGRATULATIONS, not so Bigbum, in just over 4 months you managed to lose 51lbs, that is truly amazing, well done you!
Just think how long it took you to put that weight on...years probably.
And well done also on the golfing, go treat yourself to some pinks stuff, you deserve it woo woo to you :)

Marion good luck with your ebay goodies, can't reccommend this diet enough, no matter where you get the goodies from. :)

Hi everyone, wow, you are all so encouraging! My little girl jumped on my scales and I think she may have broken them, or it's the battery so I couldn't weigh myself the first week, then I went up North to my mum's and thought I would use her scales (very unreliable) so I'm not exactly sure about the weight I have lost. I have been told that my face looks thinner by 3 people on different occasions and that my jeans look big for me round the butt - yay! I was naughty for three days (well I was on holiday) but am back on the straight and narrow now. I think I'm going to look primarily at the inch loss 'cos it's more encouraging. Been buying my supplies from ebay too, got some good bargains.

Well done Hidjus, I think your best bet is to go into a Boots and get yourself weighed they are always accurate.
You will be surprised.

I know what you mean about clothes...I am in between trousers at the moment, my usual ones are too baggy and my next size down are a bit tight on the thighs.
I can take my bra off now without going making a contentment noise and without leaving red marks against my back, and I only have 2 breast as opposed to my usual 4, not a nice look.
It's only been 3 weeks but I have lost 16lb now, very happy.

Pink Puma, I no exactly where you are coming from with the bra thing. I'm wondering if the marks will ever disappear from my shoulders! Just been trying to encourage my mum to do this diet, 'Cos I think it's so easy to fit in with life. I've been out to festivals and all sorts, being able to work around it, as long as I have my snacks with me, I don't feel that I'm missing out at all. Just keep thinking about the very slim me at the end of it all. Can anyone help me out with getting my weight tracker onto my page? Obviously I'm not the best with computer technology!

Can anyone help me out with getting my weight tracker onto my page? Obviously I'm not the best with computer technology!
Hi Hidjus,
The weight loss tracker is a bit finicky but here's the procedure.
1) Go to the Ticker Factory weight loss setup page.
2) Select your "ruler" (this is the background strip image) - there are pages of designs which you get to by clicking the page numbers below. When you have the one you want, click "Next"
3) Select your "slider" (this is the image that moves with your weight loss) - again pages of images to choose from. Click "Next" when you have the one you want.
4) Now fill in your details - it's vital you put a password or pin number in so you can change it later. Make sure it's something you'll remember! :)
It should default to tracking weight loss so you just enter your starting weight and target weight below.
NOTE the date format is US format - so instead of day month year it's month day year!! E.g. today would be 08/17/2009
If you want to show your BMI changing you can enter your height as well.
When you're done, click Next.
5) On the final page it gives you a preview of your ticker.
NOTE - there is a link that says something like:
"IMPORTANT: To update your ticker, click on it or bookmark this web address:"
You should bookmark this link.
Then below it says something like "Cut and paste code for most boards and web pages:"
Directly underneath is a section that says "BBCode". Select all the text in this box. Right click and select "Copy".
6) Now come back to MiniMins.com and login. Click the "User CP" link on the header. On the left hand menu under "Settings and Options" select "Edit your signature".
Right click in the "your signature" box and select "paste". The code should now appear. Click the "Preview signature" option and you should see your tracker.
7) When you want to edit your tracker you can either go to the link you bookemarked in step 5 above, or go to your control panel, edit your signature and just click on the tracker in the preview window.

Hope that all makes sense - let us know how you get on!

Ken

Hola all, how you all doing? I've been so busy with work that this is the first chance i've had in ages to swing by. Any news? Weightloss still going well?
I rediscovered my childhood last night and bought a gammon steak for tea, yum! Totally forgot how good they are! Xx

Hi - I'm on day 3 of my trial pack of go lower. Hope I do as well as everyone else :)

I've got 3 stone to lose and after trying various diets, I'm hoping this will be the one for me. So far it hasn't been too bad, although I had a work's meal last night and its my birthday on Saturday so hope I don't fall off the plan :eek:

Juliexx

Hey Julie, How you finding it? For you meals out stick to protein of any kind and green veg or salad. Hope you have a great birthday.

Hope you all have a great weekend too. Xx

that means your in ketosis, woop woop. make sure you do still eat though so your body doesn't go into starvation mode. Xx

Hi, I'm thinking of starting GoLower but have to ask, do you get bad breath like you do on Cambridge?

Also, can you warm the soups and take to work in a flask? Don't have microwave where I work (meanies!) and I know the Cambridge soups used to have a short life once mixed. I think the GoLower soups are already made so I guess that's not a problem?

Thanks!

Hi Kristy,

Yep, the Go Lower soups are fine in a flask - my wife takes one to work every day as she has no microwave in the office. Top tip is to pour boiling water in the flask and leave it for a little while then empty before putting the soup in - that way the flask is already warmed up so doesn't leech any of the heat from the soup.

The missus and I haven't posted in a while because we both hit a plateau at the same time, about a week with no change, but then for no obvious reason we both started losing again.

I have now lost 3lbs in the last week, making a total of 19lbs in 5 weeks. Down from 19st 5 to 18st dead - another lb and I'm "17 again!" :)

I can really see and feel the weight changes now which is great. 100lbs seemed like a long weigh to go if you'll pardon the pun, but having lost nearly 20lbs already that's 1/5th of the way there so I am really positive that this time we will both get down to our ideal weight.

Well done Ken - I've had my first weigh in today - lost 1.5lbs. Given that I had a meal out on day 3 and a weekend of birthday celebrations, I'm pretty pleased with that. Although some days I don't think I'm eating enough - I'm eating granola for breakfast, soup for lunch and one of the meals with courgettes for dinner???

I started with the trial pack and now have to decide whether to sign up for 28 days or longer - anyone know what the cost is?

Hey JulieG, it's about £175.00 a month plus your veg, berries, yoghurt and milk.
But we are saving money by not going out and not drinking our weekly shop would cost about £150.00 so again we are saving money

A lot of people say this is an expensive diet, but it works so if it costs and it works it can't be that bad. :)

Thanks PinkPuma - I don't think £170 is that expensive, as you say saves buying food etc...

As long as it works I don't mind paying :)

I am going to look at some no/low carb recipies too - I know I'll get bored with the soups every day. Are you allwoed to substitute them?

Back