Go Lower

They send you salamis to have with green salad (lettuce, cucumber and green pepper) but you can have tuna, eggs or chicken salad if you prefer.
I am actually loving the soups at the mom.

Hi everyone. Haven't logged in for a while cos I had a really nasty virus on my computer and it had to be completely rebuilt. I still don't have any scales, so i weighed myself at my friends house, still don't know if they are right, I was three different weights, so I think I lost about 7lb the first 3 weeks and nothing last week. Was a little disappointed, I thought it would have been more, but hey, my jeans are literally falling off me, so I assume that the inches are coming off instead! Hi Kristy, I was worried about the bad breath too, keep getting my husband to check it, but he says it's fine, in fact his is worse ha-ha. I think as long as you keep drinking all the water, that's the key, I definitely have that metallic taste in my mouth most of the time when I haven't eaten for a while. Ken, thanks for the tips, I will try it out, but got to be in the right mood if you know what I mean!!

"21 today!" Yep - a stone and a half gone!

This weighing in business is highly addictive I have to say - once I start losing I can't help weighing myself every 2 or 3 days because I just keep losing weight! It's great!
Another lb gone today, so that's another milestone - 1 1/2 stone gone. Not far to go to the 25lb mark, and then I'll be "16 again".

Sandy (Pink Puma) is doing really well too - she hit the 20lb mark today and is equally chuffed.

We've been together 8 years and done many diets together but this is the first time she's kept pace with me and she is delighted. Me too - she's getting slinkier by the day! :love:

Aw shucks :eek::thankyou:

I love the fact that you have been cycling for a couple of hours every other day and I haven't and we have still lost the same'ish weight.

I have been doing laps of honour around the office coz I am so chuffed.

WOW!! You two are doing absolutley amazing, thats great that you are noticing the physical difference as well, it really helps to keep you motivated.
Hidjus sounds like yu are doing brilliant as well, I had weeks where I never actually lost weight but the inches still kept decreasing which is really the main thing.
My body shape is still changing a little bit as I have been keeping up the golf and doing some swimming so starting to tone. Xx

1/4 of the way....

I hit the 25lb mark today - that's less than 6 weeks and a quarter of my target gone already.

Pink Puma has lost a stone and a half, and although she's a few lb behind me she's actually at exactly 1/4 of her target as well, so we're both well ahead of schedule.

Can see the change in our shapes already and our clothes - most of which were getting uncomfortably tight - are now getting baggy.

Couldn't be happier really.

Ken and Sandy you are on fire!! That is absolutley brilliant you are doing so well, you must be so happy. I loved the stage when I started noticing in my clothes and then people started making comments, its just such a confidence booster. Xx

Thanks Big Bum,

Well it's week seven and I have now lost 24lb, I have put on a lb mid-week but lost 3lb by the weekend a couple of times.
I don't feel disheartened when I do put the lb on because I know I will lose it over the next few days.
Ken is looking to weigh today and hoping for his 2 stone which I know he will achieve, he is looking quite slim now.

I have to say this is the first diet that we have managed to stay focused on, the fact that it is real food and we are not depriving ourselves is a miracle. In fact I don't think I have eaten so much so often.

Tomorrow he does his cycle ride for charity and to celebrate his achieving this and the losing of 2 stone we are going to be staying in Windsor for the night, we have arranged, Dinner, bed & breakfast in a lovelly hotel. No doubt we will be sticking to the diet but having a bottle of wine between us instead of a glass.:candledinner:

We have a wedding :love047: on Thursday and then Prague on Friday for a weekend but again I see us pretty much sticking to the diet as much as possible, don't want to ruin the work we have achieved so far...I was going to say don't want to ruin the hard work, but it's not been hard so I can't :)

Hi everyone. I can't believe how much you have both lost Ken and Sandy, that's fantastic, you must be feeling great. I am on my 6th week and I can't understand why I've only lost 9lb. I've been so good, I have my ketostix and am constantly in ketosis. A lot of people are saying that I have lost loads of weight, but I'm baffled as to why it's coming off so slowly. The only thing that I can think of, is that I have an underactive thyroid, but I'm on medication, so I wouldn't have thought that this would make a huge amount of difference. Any ideas anyone? I'm still in no way tempted to come off it, it's the best diet that I've ever done and certainly the one I've stuck to for the longest - hope it shows more in this weeks weigh in.

Hey Hidjus, I found that there was weeks when the actual scales showed very little change but my body shape still changes, if people are saying you have lost loads of weight it sounds like this is happening to you. The Consultants at Go Lower do tell you to not get too hung up on the scales and concentrate on your inches.

Ken and Sandy, hope you have a lovely time at the wedding and in Prague - somewhere I have never been but would love to go - you will have to give me the lowdown when you are back.

Xx

Well we had a fab time at the wedding and also in Prague so much so that we put on 4lb each.
OMG It was so easy to put this weight back on and we didn't half feel sluggish from the food we ate, and the drink!
After not drinking for so long, the headache I got in the morning was well deserved :(

We ordered pizza on the last day in Prague and it was one of the best pizza's ever, however I think in future if I have another pizza I am leaving the base and just eating the topping, as the base weighed me down the whole journey back to blighty!

On the plus side - I figure I can lose this 4lb in a week and be back on track in no time, I am loving this diet! :)

Weighed in today and yes I have lost the 4lb - simples :)

Woop woop, well done, good start to the long over due weekend. Hope you all have a good one. Xx

Hi everyone. I have just started go lower yesterday and really enjoyed reading these posts in my preparation. Hope i can do as well as some of you. Feeling a bit lightheaded right now and faintly headachy, suppose this is to be expected... and i can put up with it. Don't know if its the caffine, carbs or alcohol causing it, but really hoping to be a lot slimmer and healthier at the end!
You seem to have had some fab sucesses guys, well done. I will keep you posted on home im doing!
Take care everyone. x

Hi Jen, and welcome to the group. The headache and faint feeling will pass, it will prob be a mixture of carbs and caffine. Best advice I ever got was drink the two litres of water, it helps with the side effects. Xx

Thanks bigbum, you have done so so well on golower, and i noticed today only 2 lbs to go on your profile. Well done you!! Ive just had my first mushroom soup which i feared would be yuk, but i actually liked it! I am drinking water and managing 2lts, can i have herbal teas or any dilute fruit squashes?
Jen

I think they say the odd herbal tea is fine, just check that it hasn't had sugars added. For diluting juice again I think its fine as long as it is sugar free and the sweetener used is sucralose. You can have touch of fruit sugar free water which is nice.

I havn't actually weighed in ages so may have lost that now, I just go by the size of my clothes. Xx

ohhhhhhh, i'm missing my glass of wine tonight, just craving it terribly. Prob worse than going without food treats for me! Determined to not drink and alcohol for the 4 detox weeks though. Anyone else thinking about wine???

We had wine after about 6 weeks of not drinking, and I usually do not suffer hangover's, but man did I suffer.

Also the hubster was gulping the stuff down and managed 3 bottles which made him very ill before bed :9529: and very very hungover the next day.

Decided it may be wise to stay away from the wine unless we are eating.
When you come out of detox you can have Vodka/Gin and slim line tonic, no carbs in either of these, there is actually some carbs in wine.

Yeah - red wine = bad!

Lost another 2lbs this week - so after putting on 5lbs during our week off the diet, I've since lost 9 lbs in 2 weeks.

So I'm still averaging over 4lbs a week, which is over a stone a month, which puts me well on track.

Back