Go Lower

Hi everyone,
Bit anxious about tomorrows weigh in (my first after a week of golower 100%). Had first lunch out today with friend and went to Japanese (which I love). She had full bento box (lucky thing). I had salmon teriyake (side order) Stir fry veg (side order) and a miso soup. I tried to have as little of the teriyake sause as possible as i think its quite sweet. It was lovely, but i've just tested my wee and its no longer positive for ketones. I have also just started my TOTM and feel very bloated and FAT again.
Really worried that I might not have lost any weight tomorrow and thinking how on earth will I cope with that when I have been really 100% on just golower food all week.
Dunno if I will sleep now tonight, feel really fed up with myself.
Is it just the time of the month blues though?
I feel very tired. No energy and emotional as well.

Stressed. Jenny. x

Sorry Ken,
you should be so pleased. 31LBS off is amazing.
Well done . Well done. Well done.:clap:
Thanks Jenny - yes, I am chuffed to bits and very confident about losing the rest of the weight I need to.

And honestly you should try and go a bit easier on yourself. GoLower is the best diet I've ever come across, and although of course you do need to follow it reasonably strictly you will hopefully find like I have that it is more forgiving than most.

One meal where you've strayed is not going to ruin all your efforts. I also wouldn't get too hung up on ketosis. If you follow the plan, weight loss will follow - I can't say whether I've been in ketosis or not the whole time but the weight loss has been steady.

Note that it does come in fits and starts some times - I've plateau'ed for as long as a week with no weight loss at all, but still in spite of that I've averaged well over 4lbs a week. Some weeks it's been 2lbs, others 7 or 8lbs, and we had one week where we had a whole bunch of social things on and put on 5lbs. But that went again within a week.

The bottom line is, you will lose weight at the rate your body is comfortable with, just keep at it and try not to worry too much! :D

Good luck!

Ken

I know what you mean Jen, I go on the scales thinking I won't have lost anything then get a shock when I have lost.
This week I got the urge for a chinese spring roll and curry sauce, the next day I put on 1lb, today I weighed in and I have lost 5lb, so YAY it can be done.
By the way my TOTM I still managed to lose, not as much as usual but still a loss.

Well, been on the scales and 4.5 lbs off after my first week of golower. Would of liked a bit more really, but thats me being greedy!
I don't feel any slimmer yet, still quite bloated cos of TOTM but heyho- it might not be the HUGH loss of some peoples first week but its a loss and i'm happy!!!

Still committed to the journey.
Thanks for all your support guys.
Jenny. x

4 1/2 lbs is excellent - and with Go Lower I highly recommend you also measure yourself because even when you're not losing lbs you will definitely be losing inches.

When I started this diet I was on the biggest notch on my favourite Calvin Klein belt, and I'm now on the smallest notch, and will have to consign it to the scrap heap soon.

That is every bit as exciting as losing lbs - obviously for men the old waist size is a pretty good indicator of health risks so being able to wear trousers around my waist rather than half way down round my hips is just brilliant.

Keep it up - remember you only need to average 3 1/2 lbs per week to achieve a stone a month so you're doing great!

Had a sneaky mid-week weigh in today and lost another 2lbs since Saturday - that's now 33lbs gone - 1/3 of my 100lb goal! Waaahaaaaay! :)

Ken

Hi Everyone, I'm a lurker who is seriously considering doing Go Lower. Not only am I not up to speed on Go Lower (though I'm learning fast thanks to the posters to this thread) but I am not up to speed on using these kind of forums...who knows where my post will end up!! I have some questions about GL. Firstly, I don't have much to lose (though I have got stuck now); I'm 11st 4lb and 5ft 7 so I was thinking about doing the 28 day programme - a wise choice? To be honest I'm a bit freaked out about the cost and don't want to commit to more because I can't afford the outlay. Can you pay in installments? My last question is: I don't eat meat, though I do eat fish and eggs - how difficult is this going to make GL - can you choose what's in the 28 day programme, because if they send me a 28 day programme complete with no consultation I just know I won't be able to eat 70% of it! Questions, questions...I didn't want to ring GL just yet and get the hard sell but would really appreciate some of your wisdom on this forum. Fantastic what some of you have achieved!

Last edited:
You should give them a call Emma, they don't give you the hard sell and they do have vegetarian options, not a lot but some.
They are really friendly and very helpful.

Good luck.

Feedback from GoLower

I did call Go Lower and I thought I'd put the feedback that I got on here for anyone else who might be interested. Talk about lack of hard sell - I was told not to do the diet!! Their website isn't up to date and so any vegetarian options showing currently shouldn't be there as they've stopped doing any veggie stuff. It seems I can't select any meat free stuff they do so 90% of the hamper they would send would be off the menu for me. They did say that they are putting up a new website and menu in the New Year. Oh well, back to the drawing board for me....

Sorry Emma,

I hope you find a diet that you can do as a vegetarian.

Keep looking :)
Sandy

Hi!

Hi there, just wondered if I could join you other "Go-Lowers"? I started the plan on Thursday 1st October and I am finding it very easy to follow and cannot believe how addicted to carbs/sugar I was!! It's quite a revelation I can tell you. So far I am down 5 pounds (even though I shouldn't be weighing) and I'm hoping for a little more by weigh day on Thursday.

This is the first plan that I have ever done where I don't feel deprived or have hunger pangs and cravings - I did have a monster headache for 2 days at the start but as I knew to expect that I was able to get past quickly.

I thought I would really miss all my favourite foods but so far I've not really been bothered by them which is very reasuring. The food is certainly interesting but very palatable, I just hope that once I get into the final stages I can cook a nice variation of meals.

I have a question - does anyone know how many carbs on average we should be consuming a day?

Well, look forward to chatting to you all soon.
Best wishes,
Hayley

Last edited:
Hi Hayley

I believe it's 60g of carbs a day.

I know what you mean about the ease of it all, I am on week 10 and have lost 2 stone. I know it's not the stone a month as was told but I am still chuffed at losing this much so easily :)

Sandy

Hi Hayley,
Of course you can join us, be great to hear how you are doing and support each other! I'm on d3 w3 of GL and lost 8lbs so far- so you are doing really really well!
I felt pretty yuk for the first 5-6 days and had terrible headaches and tiredness and was shivery. Like getting a bug but it didn't happen!. Now into ketosis just fine and loving the fact I am no longer hungry and have increased energy. Sleeping sooo well to, its lovely!The food is tasty, I really like the breakfast and most of the dinners and soups, however I am getting a bit fed up of runny sauces and my biggest problem is having to do 2 seperate dinners for husband and me. I only signed up for the month trail and am thinking of going it alone after the first month if i'm brave enough. I am really enjoying Low Carbing though and will definately continue with this route to get my excess weight off. Don't know if I can justify the cost longer than than this first month see. Have been reading Atkins and other low carb books to get more info on this.
I think golower say that carbs are 20-40g per day initially.
It does seem a really good way to loose weight whilst still eating quite decent food.

Be great to keep in touch and hear how you are getting on.

By the way I Love your Ticker! it looks just like mine...LOL:p

Lol.:) Was just about to say pink puma that there are folk on here who have been doing GL for 10 weeks and have done soooooooooooo well! You beat me too it!

Well week 11 and I only managed to lose 1lb this week, it's my TOTM so not that fussed, will lose more next week, no worries.

Ever hopeful :)

Morning all, how are you all doing? Still a loss Sandy, I had times when I lost nothing during totm so well done.
I thiknk with Go Lower when you start on a programme they put you in detox which is around 40g per day and then after that it is about 60g per day. Your body will stay in ketosis at around that level, some people can have more, some people need less, think it depends on if you do any exercise as well.
I'm off to Holland in a couple of weeks and last time I was there I put on about half a stone due to the large amounts of waffles and hot chocolate, must control intake this time!! :)

Xx

Thank you Bigbum

Maybe have half the waffles you had last time :)

Hi everyone - I'm on day 4 of a 16 week programme. I'm lucky I haven't had any headaches but I do feel very lethargic. So far I'm enjoying the foods although there is a lot of sauce....I've been having a bit of cauliflower / broccoli with it to soak it up :)

I'm so tempted to jump on the scales, before the week is up ;)

Yeah I am the same, I weigh myself twice a week, Wednesday and Saturday, but it's the combined weight loss I count on Wednesday and amend my ticker tape with.

Ketosis will make you tired but you will come through and feel much better in a day or so :)

Hi there, I found a couple of good tips (sorry if it was earlier in this thread) for soaking up the sauce - celeriac mash or cauliflower grated with a bit of butter cooked in the microwave then add bit of cream if required. Both assist with the extra sauce quite efficiently and are pretty tasty!
I've been very naughty and weighed my self daily but I will not be doing that next week, I think it puts too much pressure on me and if there are any fluctuations I start to panic I'm doing something wrong.

I have completely lost my appetite and I'm struggling to get food down - I have NEVER had this problem and it's pretty unnerving. I mean, I love it but it scares me as I've heard that it will slow the weight loss - any tips?? :)

Back