Go Lower

Hi, how is everyone today? Had my weigh in yesterday and stayed at 5 pound loss so that's great. Hopefully I'll get another good loss this week too. I have also lost about 12 inches all over! Cannot believe it!! :)

Hope you're all having a great day!

Thats a great loss Hayley, well done.

I gave in and had a sneaky weigh this morning, I'm on my 5th day and lost 4lbs :)
That has really motivated me to stick with it over the weekend. I'm a bit nervy because I'm going out tomorrow night so will try not to ruin all the good work.

"16 again!"

Hi Hayley - this is the first diet I've ever had where I've felt happy skipping meals - having always bean a big eater it's unheard of - but you really do have to make an effort to have 3 meals a day - failing to do so will slow your weight loss. I guess the key for those points is to pick the foods from the GL list that you like the most to stimulate your appetite. Or maybe introduce a little exercise - just some walking or something that might wake your appetite?

Weigh in day today. Pink Puma and myself had hit our second plateau on Go Lower, and I seem to be coming out of it now.

I think I know the cause - alcohol! I had re-introduced a bit of alcohol - the odd glass of wine, vodka and slimline tonic or low-carb beer - which is allowed on the GL plan.

But then I had a couple of occasions where I had a proper drink - sticking to the above tipples but 5, 6, or 7 drinks.

So, it's back on the wagon this week. Also back to doing a bit of exercise which should kick-start the weight loss even more.

The results speak for themselves - I've dropped 3lbs which puts me back on track.

That's one stone this month, 36lbs in total over 11 weeks.

Even better is I'm now officially "16 again"!
I'm back in to the 16 stone area which I've not been in for many years! :)

Wow - we're all doing great! Ken, that's amazing, 36 pounds!!! Julie - great stuff :) I had 1 and half G&T's on Saturday and didn't enjoy them at all (hence the half). I was also incredibly good with the dinner too and was thrilled at my self control (big novelty). I found that by having the G&T as well as a large glass of water at the same time and alternating between the two helped me to stay on track and not over indulge. From experience alcohol limits my self control and the more I drink the more likely I am to break the diet so by filling up with the water I felt like I was drinking more and it lasted longer, you might like to try this and see if it helps you on your night out (I have one on Saturday too :)

Thanks for all the tips Ken, I already do some exercise - 2-3 times a week in the gym for about an hour and 20 min and occasionally I get a slight hunger twinge then it's gone again, I guess I just have enough fat stores to use up lol. I had a quick weigh this morning and I'm still at the 5lb loss but hope to see an improvement on this soon. I really want to get a few more pounds off this week, even two would be appreciated!

Best of luck to you all for your coming weigh-ins, I really hope you achieve great results.

I tried a vodka & tonic on the weekend but didn't like the taste at all - did have a glass of diet lemonade which I probably shouldn't have. :mad:

Still, I don't think it affected me too much. I'll use the water trick next time Hayley :)

Hayley - have you tried changing your exercise routine? Maybe this will help - good luck this week and I'm sure those pounds will drop off.

Hi Julie, I think the V&T/G&T is an aquired taste :) I have mine as a very long drink with lots of ice and lot's of tonic. I'm sure the lemonade is better than say full fat coke or orange juice so don't worry over it too much. Champagne is low carb..... ;-)

I tend to alternate each time I go to the gym, sometimes I do weights and cardio, cardio no weights and I always vary the times on each machine. The only thing I don't tamper with is the weight I use on the weight machines. I also walk a fair bit, in fact just got back from walking into town which was a total of 1 1/2 hours so thats good :).

I am really struggling to eat now and I'm worried I'm going to have loads of meals left. All I want is plain food like chicken and salad, nothing with sauce on or soup :-( I think I might give them a call at GL to see what to do..... Thanks for the good luck, hope it works!

How is everyone today?

I had a nice evening last night, walked the dog across the beach (a few times) and then walked along the promenade.

Hubby then had the audacity to eat pie & chips in front of me.....but to tell the truth it didn't bother me at all. I went home and had steamed veg with chicken chasseur and felt proud of myself this morning :)

Did you contact GL Hayley?

Ken and I have started on the Wii Fit again, we have the fitness instructor, it means getting up at silly o'clock to do 15 minutes work out before getting ready for work, but already feel the difference, will find out tomorrow when I weigh in for my weekly weigh to find out if it's working or not.

Hey Guys, how are we all doing? Julie you're so lucky, I wish I could walk along the beach with my doggie, I love being next to the sea (Good job I'll be in Mexico as of the 25th ;-)!

I contacted GL and they advised that it is fine for me to replace some of my meals with the protein/salad i.e chicken mayo or tuna mayo with lettuce cucumber green pepper and a little spring onion. I have found that having one meal like this actually helps me to face the next one ok. I have occasionally swapped around the meals so I have the main meal at lunch and lighter one in the evening. I have also discovered that I am reacting to the granola (I have a few food allergies), when I asked what the ingredients were I was told nuts and seeds - it's my own fault, I should have double-checked, if I had of done I would have seen that it has oats in. Anyhoo - discussed this with GL and they assured me I can have eggs and bacon as a substitute. I just scramble 2 eggs in the morning with FF Milk and if required add a bit of bacon. Although I did find the bacon quite salty.

I'm very disappointed with the scales (yes, I know, should have waited until tomorrow), I have lost no weight this week :-( I will see what the official weight is tomorrow. I wonder if too much exercise has an effect?

Also, one more thing (bit embarrassing) is anyone experiencing a lack of needing the loo? My tummy is so bloated and I'm pretty worried about it. If it's a common thing it might put my mind a rest.

Keep up the good work everyone!

Hi hayley3,

When you are a newbie some 'long' post seem to get automatically moderated as they get confused with spam in the software filter.

I have approved the post above for you.

Love Mini xxx

Ah ha! It decides to work on that try! lol

So, I'll try again...

Julie you're so lucky, I would love to be next to the sea to take my pooch along the beach! And you should be very proud of yourself, shame on your hubbie! (Mine does the same so I can understand the frustration).

I contacted GL and they advised I can have eggs and bacon for brekki (allergic to the oats in the granola unfortunately) and then can have chicken mayo or tuna mayo salad to replace any meals I wish to. I have also discovered that by having the main meal at lunch and soup in the evening with the vegetable it is actually easier to eat. They do say it's better to eat more earlier and make meals smaller as the day goes on...

I received my box yesterday and little disapointed that they've put in meals with tomatoes (allergic to them too) even tho I advised this at the start, wonder if I can return them? If not it'll be an ebay item or hubby will get it for his tea instead.

Way to go Pink - that's fab, the wii is great fun isn't it :)

Can I ask, is anyone having issues with not going to the loo?? Embarrassing but gotta ask (sorry!!)

Hey Hayley, I'm sure Go Lower will swap the meals for you. Thats a shame you are allergic to the breakfast, I love it, still use it now or I have the eggs and bacon sometimes. I think quite a few people have some problems adjusting to the diet in terms of movements, I know I did. It only lasted a couple of weeks and I'm sure Go Lower said it was my body adjusting to the increase in fibre. Make sure you drink enough water and things should start moving again.

Sandy, I am loving the wii fit, hula hooping and ski jumping are by far my favs, should probably spend more time doing the yoga and things but its just not as much fun. We are all very competitive in my house so we can spend hours on the ski jump trying to beat the top scorer. The record has been held for a couple of weeks now.

My best fried from uni is coming to visit this weekend, very very excited, will involve a lot of chatting, a lot of wine and some good food. I recommended Go Lower to her a couple of months ago and havn't seen her since so should see a big difference in her. Will let you all know.

Xx

Hi Hayley,

I did have trouble going to the loo when I first started GL, and then when I did go it was like a chocolate milkshake, no solids, (sorry if too much info), but now everything seems ok.
I don't eat nuts so I cannot have the granola or the bars, and have been having boiled eggs Mon-Fri and then fried eggs and bacon on Sat/Sun.

BB
We love the Wii fit, we recently go the fitness instructor and both Ken and I do it together in the morning, before work. At the moment I am not doing it to a sweat as I am just getting the muscles working again and my legs and arms hurt from all the lifting etc. but once I get used to it I can really work up the sweat and lose more inches.

Let's hope she will be shocked with your weight loss as well :)

Hello Golower folk.
Well done everyone and thank you for your support in the last month.

I have completed my month of GL and lost 9lbs

I do feel better for it- however have decided not to continue with GL but to battle my own demons with a healthy eating and more exercise plan- for at least the next month.

Have started a diary on here today to chart my progress ( Jennys trials and erors). Please feel free to check in on me from time to time to see how its going.

Very well done to all of you!
Jenny x

Well done Jen,

Keep in touch and let us know how you do with your healthy eating and more exercise plan.

Sandy

Hi Everyone!

Just wondered if I could tag along with this thread?

I have just started the go lower diet this week. I have about 1 stone to lose to be healthy.. but more like 2 to be my 'ideal' size so have bought the 28 day plan.

So far its going quite well - its so convenient having all of your meals pre made!

What sort of weight loss do you think I could expect to see in the first week?

I think people lose the most weight in the first two weeks and then slow down rapidly after that.

Good luck with the plan :)

Morning ladies and gents, how are you all doing? Its all a bit quiet on here just now.
Can you believe it is the end of the first week in November!! Crazy how fast this year has gone! Did my first xmas shopping yesterday, going to be organised this year for once. Xx

Back