Go Lower

Not posted in a while because we hit a major plateau - been two steps forwards, one step back for about a month or so now.
Having already lost so much I refused to be disheartened, and figured it's just my body taking the opportunity to adjust to losing so much weight so quickly.
This week I lost 4lbs, which brings my total to 43lbs! Finally topped the 3 stone mark which I've been hovering around for a while, and am now approaching the half way mark in my weight loss goal of 100lbs.
Even while plateauing on lbs I've still been losing inches at a decent rate - this week lost another 2 1/2 inches, this month lost 5 1/2 inches - it's really visibly clear that the weight is going and the comments and compliments from friends and colleagues is still really motivating.
I've had a great clear out of my wardrobe and have three large bin bags full to bursting with clothes that will go to charity, and of course I've had to buy some new clothes. I've stuck with Tesco's and Asda's clothing ranges as they're pretty cheap and cheerful for these interim months - of course knowing that within another couple of months I'll grow out of them again - but what a nice problem to have! :)

Ken

Ken, That is awesome! It is so brilliant when people notice and you receive comments. I have found in the last couple of months I have stuck at the same weight but my body shape is still changing which I am more than happy with. Defiantly don't be disheartened, you are doing so so well, a true inspiration to everyone. It must help having both you and Sandy doing it together to support each other.
I always found having a mini aim throughout the programme helped me, i.e when I lose the next 7lbs I will have a spa day or a weekend away to reward myself. I felt it helped. Xx

Hi all,

Wonder if you might be able to help me! I've lost around 60lbs on Cambridge, had a wee break and gained 7lb back, as expected with the glycogen refill from all the sudden carbs...

My oh has just started the go lower plan and I'd like to join him to lose my final 7lbs, maybe a few more and then head up the maintenence levels with go lower. I thught if I joined the 28 day programme and then worked up to maintenence this might work nicely.

Bit worried about the transition though from cambridge to go lower. I want to make sure I can keep the weight off and hope moving plans won't affect this. I've had about 2 /3 weeks break from cambridge so can't see it being a problem but a bit nervous as people say unless you follow the plans to the letter on cambridge you're stuffed. Am I mad to move onto a new programme? They seem pretty similar in terms of loss and I'd like to be able to have meals with my oh and learn to cook meals together for long term health and weight maintenence rather than us being on separate plans.

Would love to hear what you all think and your opinions on go lower...there doesn't seem to be much info about... x

Hi CountryAngel, One of my friends moved from Cambridge to Go Lower and they just advised that in her first week during transfer between the diets she may not lose anything as her body adjusts. As you have had a few weeks away from cambridge I would guess you will be fine. Give them a call and talk to a consultant, they are always really helpful.
Orlando, it worked for me and I found it very easy to follow, main reason for me was because I could eat real food, I never could do the shakes thing, and I still stick to the main principles and love it!

P.S. Have you seen their new website ? Very impressed that Hilary Jones is backing the diet and nice to see that the founder is actually skinny (unlike the founder of lighter life - hee hee, did you see the pics of her in the papers a couple of months ago!!) Xx

Ooooh completely missed Hilary Jones on the site - too busy heading straight for the forum, which sadly seems to be LOADS quieter than minimins. Do love the chatter to keep you going through the tough times.

I'm due to start today! My boxes have arrived, all has been organised and I'm heading off for my first wee granola brekkie. Looking forward to it as I love yoghurt and berries for breakfast, the granola is a plus - no matter how small! How did your first week go if you don't mind me asking? x

I don't think we have any members doing the go lower programme. Unless there's a go lower lurker who might pop up.

Seems like a good diet if you cope with having food at this time. It's low carb, low cal. You should go into ketosis.

Just having that small amount of food 3x a day that might be a problem for some.

Expensive too! But it's cheaper than LL isn't it?
Going to try it for two months see how I do.Will let you know.

Hey Orlando,

I've just started and so far so good. LOVED the breakfast, had it with yoghurt and berries. And was amazed to find I really enjoyed the pea and panchetta soup as well (I'm not a soup person). Really pleased as I was worried I wouldn't like the taste. So far so good...

Day one over and done with, no real concerns...no hunger...but erm a bit of wind. Ah well.

Day 2 and not enamoured with the texmex soup! Might have to swop this one for something yummier. Fingers crossed for the rest. Interestingly I'm not hungry but I am struggling with food cravings. Something I didn't experience when on cambridge much. I am seeing this as a positive thing though...the actual act of eating obviously triggers something in me that makes me want to overeat and the only way I'll get over it, is to tackle it. Fingers crossed x

Contrarytintagel if you feel hungry eat, you should never feel hungry on this diet...eat cooked chicken breast or Tuna in mayo or boiled eggs as snacks.

Hi Go Lower dieters. Hows it going? I am doing really well thanks to my chocolate treats! I am a newbie to this site and I should be working and not sending messages but I am too busy nosing around this site.
Best get on, Suzy

Really upset this morning, put on 3lb's due to a dinner party on Saturday evening.

We told the hostess that we were on a special diet where we couldn't eat, pasta, potatoes or rice, so she made this...

Starter - Smoked salmon and avocado
Main - Thai Curry with BULGAR WHEAT
Dessert - Pear cooked in the oven with SUGAR.

We only had a glass of wine with the dinner, and I hardly touched the bulgar wheat but it doesn't matter :cry:

I had just got down to 14stone dead and hoping that I would be under today but NO I am back up to 14st 3lb :grumble:

She is not a friend!

Hi Pink Puma
You have done really well, so don't let this little blip set you back. It could even be a little water retention, or maybe just "that time of the month".
I agree with Lentil2, that it looks like your friend tried to make an effort with the menu, maybe next time suggest some of the actual recipies you can actually have. I know Go Lower suggest some, and they also have a booklet on eating out, at least with eating out we can choose for ourself and not what our friends put in front of us.
Don't be mad at her and also don't be mad at yourself! You know you are doing really well and next week you will be wondering why you feel the way you do today.
Keep up the good work and best regards

Hey Sandy, Don't worry about the weight fluctuation. Because of the way Go Lower works if you have any carbs they will be stored with water in your liver, your gain won't be 3lbs of fat it will just be water so as soon as your body depletes the store you will be back down to where you were. You and Ken are both doing amazing so please don't be hard on yourself. Xx

Thanks Guys,

I forgave her, after all she is pregnant. I am hoping to weigh in again tomorrow and be back to my 14 st. dead.

I also, for the first time in forever, managed to get into a pair of size 16 trousers.

Truly loving this diet, that's for sure, its the only diet

Hi Pink Puma
I was just posting and managed to delete what I was writing, don't you just hate it when that happens!
Firstly I am glad to hear you forgave your friend especially as she is pregnant. I am surprised she even remembered she had a dinner party because my mind was like a sieve when I was pregnant. Actually I don't think it has improved that much since the kids!
What I was saying was apart from your minor set back this week which I am sure you will see tomorrow is nothing how are you doing with Go Lower? The plan is certainly working for me and I have been having a steady weight loss since starting it.
I see you say "you are loving the diet and it is the only diet", I must admit I have already been raving about it to my friends as I am so impressed with my results so far. I guess they are not noticing much as I am still wearing large baggy tops which are far to big for me but I will not show of my loss until I am happy with where I am. Well done for getting into the 16 trousers!
Big bum09 how are you doing with it? Are you still on Go Lower?
Keep in touch, regards

I was wearing smock tops for ages cos of my size and big belly, now I have started wearing skinny tops.
I was wearing size 18 elasticated waists thinking I was a size 18 but in reality I was probably a size 22. So to actually get into a not elasticated size 16 after losing 3 stone was truly amazing for me.

I just wish that my doctor could have reccomended it to me when I was young enough to get IVF from the NHS.
They insisted I had to be under 30 BMI to get it, but I just couldn't get down to it, no matter how hard I tried now 6 years too late I can, infuriating huh!

SuzyK I have gone off the GL wagon a couple of times but have managed to get back on almost straight away, although if I hadn't I am sure I would have lost faster.
I find alcohol really slows my weight lose down, so now just have it occassionally as opposed to a bottle of wine a night I am now having brandy in my decaf coffee just before bed :)

I see you have lost really well, and I know what you mean about telling all my friends I keep telling them to ring GL tell them I reccommended it and they will get a discount - were you aware that your friends will get a discount if you reccommend them to it? Or that you may get a voucher for recommending people?

Hey BB, how is your weight loss? Have you managed to keep it off and how are you doing in general?

Hi Pink Puma
I didn't know about the bonuses of recommending a friend to Go Lower, I will have to try even harder now to convince them. It is probably in the literature somewhere but I probably just glanced over it and never noticed it. I have to admit though most of my friends don't really need to lose weight, certainly not like me. Although one or two could benefit they are probably the ones I can't convince as I don't think they realise they have a problem with their yo-yo dieting.
It is a case of me always being the life and soul of the party, and I do wonder how much of that is a cover up for my weight. Although one problem I don't have is alcohol, birthday and new years I may have a couple but that is it. My husband calls me a cheap date, that drives him to drink, literally, to the pub and back! I am a smoker though so I am far from perfect. I gave up for my pregnancies and then went straight back to it, stupid I know.
I can guess you age from your comment about IVF, is it something you will still consider as a friend of mine is just going through the procedures and appointments etc again. She did get her BMI down for the NHS but unfortunately she miscarried early in her pregnancy. Now she is over 40 and starting it again she said she is amazed they do not mind what her weight is now she is having to fund it herself!
I was lucky I thought we were going to have to down the IVF route, according to my GP, but after seeing the fertility doctor I was prescribed medication and fell pregnant quite quickly after that.
I know what you mean about the baggy tops and elasticated waists. I wear mens jumpers as they are long enough to cover my bum and also baggy enough to cover my tummy, I can't wait until I feel ready to show it of.
Before I go as I really should be doing some work, when you have slipped of the Go Lower wagon does your body come straight out of ketosis and is that why it has taken you a bit longer, because you have to wait a few days until your body goes back into it? I could probably look it up but I just wondered about that from reading what you wrote.
Anyway I must go.
Regards

IVF is too expensive and intrusive so we won't be going down that route, if all else fails we'll just buy a dog :)

Ketosis, yes the slightest thing will take you out of ketosis, that's why they suggest you only have a glass of wine as opposed to a bottle. Getting back in is not as painful as the first time, the pain is thinking what a fool you have been for coming out of it in the first place.

Alcohol does seem to slow down the weight loss that's for sure!

Back