Go Lower

Hi Pink Puma

Be warned, dogs cost alot...... especially if you like going on holidays.

Thanks for the comment on ketosis, I have be very good so far so I have not fallen of the wagon, thanks to my chocolate brazil nuts and brownies and not forgetting my crisps!!! If I didn't have these treats I would not have been able to stick it out. It is certainly what convinced me to go with Go Lower. I shouldn't take about treats as I will want one and I want to wait until a bit later before I succumb.
Keep in touch and speak soon.

Haven't posted in a while because I'd hit a bit of a plateau in weight loss, and although I was still losing the odd lb or two per week it felt a bit like two steps forwards, one step back.

However, as the turtle and the hare proved, "slow but sure wins the race", and I've today hit another huge milestone.

After losing 2lbs this week I am now - drum roll - 15 stone 13!! I haven't been even in the vicinity of 15 stone for at least 8 years.

And, just as importantly, that 2 lbs puts me at a total of 50lbs dropped, which is exaclty half way to my 100lbs target!

It's only 2lbs but it feels like I've just dropped half a stone! :)

Also, this week I finally got back into a pair of Calvin Klein jeans that I'd hung onto - obviously for a good 8 years. I always knew one day I'd fit back into them. I look forward now to the day when they are too baggy for me. :)

At this rate, it will take longer to hit my target than I'd originally hoped, but it looks like it's definitely achievable within one year, which is phenomenal when you consider that it took me at least 8 years to put this weight on - nearly a stone a year.

Every single diet I've ever done - and that's quite a few (weight watchers, slimming world, vlcd, low fat, low calorie, low taste, Atkins, Rosemary Conley, Gillian McKeith, etc etc etc) - simply could not keep the weight coming off after more than two or three months.

I am flabberghasted at my progress - only with less flab. Or more appropriately - I am utterly delighted, and look forward to being completely delighted if you'll pardon the pun. :bliss:

:dancing_snowman:Woo Hoo, Well done Ken, massive rounds of applause!!

Hope you all have an amazing weekend! Xx

Hi Ken

well done on hitting a new milestone, every single one adds up to that final one we are all aiming for.

Regards

Hi everyone

Just wanted to wish you all a (belated!) Happy Christmas and New Year.

How did everyone find Christmas? Did you all stick to the Go Lower diet? I'm really impressed with myself as I did quite well (if I do say so myself!)

Hope everyone has a great new year

Hello

Hello ... just wanted to introduce myself. Starting GL today and really pleased to have found this forum as I have found the forum on the GL website rather slow .. and not very helpful.
Got plenty of weight to lose .. and this is my first time on a LC diet, will keep my eyes on the forum and look forward to reading about everyone elses successes.

L x

Hi Lucy

Glad you found the thread. I told you there were a few of us on here.

Let us know how you are doing and you will always find plenty of support on this website.

Wondering if anyone can help me (don't want to sound like a moaning minnie though!!)

I am at the end of day 2 and have had headache ALL day today, literally like a migrane. I have also felt really sick and can't concentrate. I brought some ketostix because I presumed there was no way I could be going into ketosis so early and they are coming out a light pink colour.

I am just concerned that I feel so rubbish. I slept for 15 hours last night. I am a teacher and have to go back to work on Monday. If I still feel like this Go Lower is not going to be sustainable for me.

On the other hand really want this to work .... sorry for rant. Just feeling really sorry for myself ! I cant stand anymore days of this headachey, run down feeling ...

:( :cry:

Hi Lucy

I think what you are feeling is just the start of the diet as your body gets into the swing of things but it should pass in a day or two. Come Monday you will feel as right as rain.

Don't forget you are also detoxing. I know in the past each time when I had to give up coca cola as totally addicted to it, I would get really bad migraine headaches and that was due to caffine withdrawl.

By the way are you drinking plenty of water? I had to drink more than I normally would my first week.

Another thing 15 hours sleep is sometimes too much sleep which can leave us with that hungover feeling.

At least you have a nice long weekend to enjoy before back to work. What age do you teach?

Keep me updated.

I teach young adults (16-19) with Special Educational Needs. A real mixed bag - and really hard work ... I am feeling loads better today. I am really pleased :)

Treating myself to bacon and scrambelled eggs for a New Years Tea

xx

Glad to hear you are feeling better. I knew it wouldn't last.

I used to work as SEN admin. You know what maybe I will look into that as a career move this year as I need a new job and really want to get involved with something worthwhile. I can't teach though but you have certainly just put a seed in my head that I need to look at in more detail.

Enjoy your tea, tastes scrummy!! I am waiting until midnight, if I am still awake for my brazil nuts.............. That wil be my way of celebrating the new year!

Anything you want to ask about the teaching Suzy fire away. I have the PGCE but there are countless roads into teaching SEN - especially in FE ... not many people want to do it and they are screaming out for good, compassionate teachers - with BUCKET loads of patience - PM me if you want further details. Maybe you could do the PTTLS or DTTLS certificate at your local college ... that will get your foot in the door at most places teaching part time.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE !

Happy New Year.

Thanks for the advice I will start looking into it, especially if I can tie in with my kids school terms, that would be a real bonus.

I got my chocolate treat last night, not long now and you will have yours.

After losing 50lbs in 5 months with Go Lower my wife and I allowed ourselves to relax a bit over Christmas. We put on about 5lbs over Christmas week which we then lost, and then another 6lbs over New Year's. Since then I've lost 8lbs.

I lost 6lbs this week by getting strictly back on the GL plan, which means that over the last 3 weeks of the Christmas/New Year period I've had a net loss of 2lbs.

It's a real testament to the effectiveness of GL that I had the confidence to cut off the plan, kick back over Christmas, knowing that I'd quickly lose any weight I put on.

I just feel really in control of my weight now, in a way I never have in my entire life.

Looking forward to hitting target and being in great shape in time for summer!

go lower diet

Hi Ken,
i am starting the go lower next week...i had a fantastic weight loss with LL 2 years ago....however this had devastating results on my health....hair fell out...nails would not grow...body started to shut down everything else to keep vital organs going...Have you and your wife kept healthy on this diet? I am signed up for a 20 week plan....would be glad of any advice.
Thanks Shaz :confused:

Hi Ken,
i am starting the go lower next week...i had a fantastic weight loss with LL 2 years ago....however this had devastating results on my health....hair fell out...nails would not grow...body started to shut down everything else to keep vital organs going...Have you and your wife kept healthy on this diet? I am signed up for a 20 week plan....would be glad of any advice.
Thanks Shaz :confused:
Hi Shaz,

The missus originally wanted to do LL but I had tried a VLCD myself years ago and really did not think I could put myself through that again so I sympathise totally.

Rest assured, GL is the right diet for you. It is scientifically and nutritionally sound and very easy to stick to. Having tried so many others this is the first diet I have found that really puts me in control.

What I like about GL is that it's real food - and very tasty for the most part - there will naturally be some of the meals you prefer and some that you don't like, and the GL team will quite happily accommodate your tastes.

My wife and I have been on it for over 5 months now - about 20 weeks - and lost a combined total of 95lbs with zero health problems - I haven't felt better in 15 years at least.

I am still only half way through as I need to lose another 48 lbs to get to my target weight, but I am absolutely confident I'll do it this year.

It is relatively low in fibre (although nowhere near as low as Atkins) so ensuring you have enough fibre is important. Use your vegetable allowance - which is plenty.

Most of the main meals are served in lots of sauce/gravy so having something that soaks up the liquid is good.

We found that switching from potatoes to celeriac was a real success - we have mash or chips regularly and the consistency is very similar - I doubt we would ever go back to spuds again except as a very occasional treat perhaps.

We also have cauliflower mash as an alternative.

There are some chilli/curry dishes from GL and to replace rice we use cauliflower again. Simply chop cauliflower finely (we use a blender) and put it in a microwaveable bowl with some butter for a couple of minutes.

Final word of advice is that the plan is very restaurant friendly. Included in your starter pack should be a leaflet with restaurant advice, so you can set yourself mini-goals and reward yourself with a nice meal out.

Good luck and enjoy! Keep us posted with your progress!

Ken

Hi Ken

Well done to you and your wife.

I must admit I stuck to GL quite well over Xmas but that was because I didn't want to go backwards. I never thought of it like you did, that I would still lose it again as soon as I got back into it! I will have to remember that when we go on holiday as I was thinking of taking quite a few packs with me but I guess so long as I am sensible I will be OK.

Hi Shaz
I think my health is actually improving as I lose weight on GL as I certainly feel better and not as out of breath all the time.

Hi Ken,

Thankyou so much for taking the time to reply to me.
I am starting the plan tomorrow....just received my delivery.
Will keep you posted on my progress.....by the way....well done to you both and good luck with your continued success.

Many thanks Shaz x

Go Lower food for sale...

Dear all,

First & foremost, well done everyone on your incredible weight-loss achievements, you must be so pleased. Keep up the good work!
:angel09:

By way of introduction, my name is Turi. Like many others, I also signed up to the Go Lower program. Unfortunately, however, I am not doing so well...
:sigh:.

To give you a bit of history, I used to suffer from Bulimia and Anorexia for nearly 10 years and have been 'clean' for 2 years. I would say I now eat healthily and have a very balanced attitude towards eating/size and what not. I went onto Go Lower upon a friend's suggestion as I wanted to literally lose 4-5 hard-to-shift pounds so that I could squeeze myself back into thosejeans that have been under the bed for who knows how long!

So, I signed up... I should mention at this point that I eat fish but do not eat meat so I was told to spread my month's supply of food over 6 weeks supplementing the program with my own high-protein, low-carb meals.

I don't know if it was the lack of options - I've realised that Go Lower is not well suited to non meat-eaters - or the lack of fruit of which I normally snack on a lot but I've failed... miserably! Last night I ate ALL my chocolate nuts and raspberries - snacks that Go Lower provides for a once-every-other-day treat. I woke up this morning with knots in my stomach at the prospect of returning to unhealthy and damaging eating habits.
:break_diet:

That said, my friend is loving the program and since I started my sister signed up & is also loving it. The food is delicious but perhaps it's just not suitable for people who like to eat some sweet things that may be higher in carbs.

So, bearing in mind my history I have decided to sell the remainder of my food. I have spoken to Go Lower this morning & they are going to get back to me as to whether they will refund the remaining food. They also suggested this website to me as a fantastic resource so I thought I would add a post to test the waters...

Anyway, the food I have remaining is as follows:

10 granola breakfasts
10 snacks (mix coconut bars, raspberry bars and nuts/seeds)
10 broccoli & stilton soups
10 mushroom soups
5 quorn bolonaise
7 'chicken' (tofu) coconut curries (my fave!)
7 prawn curries
0 chocolate treats :p

The retail value of these items would be £137. If anyone is interested, please feel free to put an offer in for them! I do hope that my post hasn't been discouraging to those of the diet... like I said, I think it's perfect for some people and the food is yummy (especially aforementioned chocolate treats!).

I hope to hear from you soon,

Turi x

Hi Turi

Firstly, I just want to say well done on having a healthly attitude towards food now.

I am sorry to hear Go Lower hasn't worked for you. I am doing really well on it but I have had quite a bit of support from my personal consultant, they really are always willing to help me when I need them.

I guess because it is a high protein diet eating meat does help me a lot (especialy as I don't like a lot of vegetables.) I can guess that would make it difficult for you if you don't eat meat.

I am sure you will find a diet soon that suits you to shift those last few pounds. Keep believing in yourself and it will happen.

Back