Go Lower

Hi, i am awaiting my first delivery of Golower and cant wait to start. I have signed up for a 20 week programme, with the aim to lose about 4stone.

Hi Lousie

I just wanted to say hello as I am also doing Go Lower.

I have been on it for over just 4 months and I have lost 4 stone...... I am so excited I will actually reach my goal in plenty of time of my birthday.

Any questions drop me a line but also use your consultant they are really helpful. Mine has been great and supportive.

Hi Suzy,
That's a fantastic weight loss, well done u! I hope I can do just as well, 4 stone is my target, but if I lose anymore then that would be fab.
My box arrived today, and can't wait to start. Am starting Sunday as have a wedding tomorrow, so may as well get that out the way first. My fiancé is doing the Cambridge diet, think he was a little but envious when he saw my food for the next 2 weeks!! Think he's more envious of the pork crunch snack!! Lol!

Lou xx

Hi Lou

How did the wedding go? I remember before I started I had to get other things out the way first, like my birthday!

I was very into my pork crunch to start but now I am not so bothered. I used them as my crisp substitute but now I don't feel the urge.

How is it going so far? I am sure hubby will want to change as soon as he sees how you are doing.

Hi

The wedding was lovely thanks, made the most of a few glasses of wine!! Next hurdle is my birthday in 6 weeks.

So far its going ok - day 2 now. I am really enjoying the food so far, just have to decide what I'm going to have for dinner now! Did you have veg with your meal or just eat it on its own? and did you snack at all on plain chicken/prawns etc if you were hungry or did you just stick to the meal packs? Sorry for all the questions!

My fiance keeps eying up my food saying 'that looks nice'! Dont think it will be long until he starts on it, especially if he sees good results from me!

Lou xx

Hi Lou

We are supposed to eat the food with veg and I do try but not being much of a veggie eater somenights I may have a stick of celery instead.

The nights I don't stick to their food I have plain chicken instead, which I love. Also I may have a bolied egg for lunch.

Funny after saying yesterday I don't have the bacon crunch very often anymore I did open a packet today.

I am sure hubby will change, especially when he sees the treats you get!!!

Your birthday will be fine, because by then you will have seen the difference and you will wanat to keep it going. That is how I got by over xmas. Don't forget, look at the drink suggestions they recommend. I think there were some ideas listed with the notes I got when I got my first batch of food.

I am just trying to think what I will go for tonight. Somenights I just play lucky dip in the box! As soon as the kids are asleep I shall go and choose.

hello
i am seriously considering this diet. i have done cambridge in the past and i lost 2 stone on it considering the amount i spent not really as much as i should have all my own fault though as i have been picking etc!! not good really i have been researching everything tonight as i have a meeting with my CD lady tomorrow and i dont think i can face handing over another 40 to waste it on another week of not losing and picking at stuff i shouldnt. I really think i need food to diet this sounds so simple and easy to do... just wondering suzyk do you exercise at all on this?? and how much are you a month?
thanks for any info and well done xx

Had my first weeks weigh in and have lost 7lb, really pleased.

rainbow27; I am on my second week now, and I have also done Cambridge in past - lost 3 stone, it went back on plus more.
I have signed up for a 20week programme and it costs me £240 per month, you still have to buy extras like veg and yoghurt, cream etc....and there is a no refund policy. If you can pay upfront for the full course you get a discount, and could save about £200ish.
The food is really nice, and although a lot of money I feel that it will be a lot more sustainable after I have finished. The customer support team are great and are on the end of the phone if you need them too.

Hi
I'm also doing Go Lower. This is my 3rd week so far. First week lost 5lbs and last week 4lbs, so really pleased.
I find the food is really tasty and adding the yogurt and fruit is great. I love my fruit so it really helps knowing I can eat it. Also if I find I want something a bit more, I like to have plain chicken as SuzyK says. I've done loads of different diets over the years and so far this has been the easiest to stick too. Obviously we all have our bad days, but somehow, with Go Lower it seems easier to be able to pick yourself up after a bad day.
Good luck
xx

Hi Rainbow

Since I have been on Go Lower I have been sticking to the diet really well now and I eat proper food, and if I want snack they are all supplied.

I don't do any exercise, (except try to run around after too young boys, which is getting easier as the weight comes of.) I drive everywhere, I have even had comments in the past that if I park a short way from where we are going, friends and hubby have said do I want a taxi to take me the 2 minute walk to get me there.

Our weekly shopping bill has been reduced by a lot as because I am such a fussy eater, and don't cook, hubby would cook for the boys and then a meal for him and a meal for me. Now all I do is put my meal in the microwave, heat, stir and heat again and in less than five minutes I have my meal on the plate. It really couldn't be any easier.

In addition to the food supplied by Go Lower I will sometimes have plain chicken, I also have natural yougurt with the Go Lower breakfast and also boiled eggs, supplied by our chickens!

Well done Louise and Hchappyh, with your weight loss so far, you should be really proud of yourselves.

Rainbow, if you have any questions I will of course try to answer them but if you call Go Lower they are also really helpful. I get a call every week from my personal consultant to see how I am doing and also I can call them anytime I need to, which I have done once or twice.

I have lost another 2lbs, which it makes it 9lb in 2 weeks, really pleased with that, especially as its TOTM, and can normally put on at this time. Well on target for my stone in a month, would be good if I could lose towards a stone and a half, but we shall see!!! Am going to Australia at the beginning of April for a month, and would really like to have lost at least 2 stone by then.

my weekly weight to date

Pre Golower 15st 12lb
Week 1 15st 7lb loss 5lb no inch loss
Week 2 15st 6lb loss 1lb no inch loss
Week 3 15st 5lb loss 1lb no inch loss
Week 4 15st 7lb gain 2lb no inch loss
Week 5 15st 3lb loss 4lb praying that this week ia not a one off.
Inch loss at last.......yippee.

1/2 inch off bust
2 inch off under bust
1 1/2 inch off waist
1 1/2 inch off hips

However have been put on a different plan by the Golower nutritionist this week....lets hope this weight now keeps falling off at a good rate.

Wish me luck....praying that this will now work.

Good luck to everyone else.

Shaz

Last edited:
update Golower weekly weigh in

:happy036:Just updated weekly weight loss above.

Shaz x

Hi Lou

Great weight loss, you are doing really well.

Got to ask as it is my favourite country, where abouts in Oz are you planning on going?

Hi Dezzie,

Can I just say it is great to see other Go Lower dieters on here.

Well done on your loss as you are also doing great.

Shaz, well done, thats great.

Suzy - I am going to Perth for a few days, then on to Sydney for 3 weeks. My brother is getting married out there, cant wait!

HchappyH - good luck with your weigh in, I am sure you will get your stone.

Lou

Good luck today Hchappyh, I am sure you have done really well. I remember thinking when I first started the diet could not really be working as it was to easy. I am so pleased I was wrong!!!!

Hi Lou,

Perth is the most beautiful city I have ever been to. So clean. Is it your first vist?

Sydney for three weeks will be great fun. I am jealous. Is your brother getting married to an Aussie then.

I married a Kiwi and we are planning on going to New Zealand next Christmas, (one of my big goals to lose weight for.) However, he will not live in Oz, as if he would we would be there now.

He is, he went on his travels 2 years ago, with the intention of travelling round Oz, then the world.....went to Sydney first, and then met this girl and never left Sydney!!!!!! Its my first time going, and I am so excited! New Zealand is somewhere I'd like to go too, a work colleague of mine moved out there last year, and is loving it!

Help please!

Hi
I'm thinking of having a go at Go Lower, but have a couple of questions please ...

Can you pick and choice which meals you get ?(I hate mushrooms)?

If you had favourites, can you just order them?

Also do they do a sort of starter pack, to find out it I like the food? If so what does it cost?

What does everyone think of the food? I read some posts saying that the meat is really fatty... don't know if I could eat that!

I appreciate any replies

Thanks

Jacquie

Hi,

I'm not sure about a starter pack and costs tbh as I went straight for a 20 week plan. You can say what foods you dont like. There is a few I am not keen on, but I tell them and they take them out and replace with something else.
Some of the beef ones can be a bit fatty, but generally not too bad. I am really impressed with the food.

Give them a ring and have a chat with them, make it clear that you want to try it out first and not commit, its a no refund policy aswell.

Back