Go Lower

Hi Louise!

Hi Louise
Thanks for your reply
I phoned them this afternoon, and I've signed up for the 4 week detox to start off with and see how I get on (plus I didnt really want to commit to more expence until I was sure that I liked the food!)
I spoke to Karen and she was really nice, she told me what hours she works so I can phone and talk to her - which I think is lovely!
I should get my parcel Tuesday or Wednesday, so quite excited.
I hate fish and mushrooms and she is going to avoid them for me.
Really looking forward to it, just must try not to pig out in the next few days until I can get started.

Hi
SuzyK lost my stone in my first week - it does work - yey....

Jacquie, I also find I enjoy the food. Your best bet is too give Go Lower a call and discuss all options with them. I'm sure if there is something you really dont like, they can give you more of something else, but call them and see what they say. My personal consultant is really helpful and listens to what I have to say and helps wherever she can. You've nothing to loose (excpet stones of course)..

Good luck and remember we are all here to help.

xx

Hi Hchappyh,

well done you! I just replied to another of your posts congratulating you. so you have a double well done from me. Keep up the fantastic work.

Lou

I met my husband on my travels as well, but at least it was towards the end so I had seen most of what I wanted to.

We spent some time together and then I carried on travelling and really missed him and that this was when I realised we had something serious...... nine years and two kids later and here we are....

Jacquie,

I am very fussy about food and tend to eat mainly the Go Lower chicken dishes (fortunately they do quite a few) and I have never eaten any that I found to be fatty.

I don't think I ever had beef as it was with peppercorn or something and that does not appeal.

I am also really sad in that I take the mushroom out when I come across it and it ends up all around the side of my plate, but I still enjoy the meal.

The personal consultants are brilliant and really helpful so call them if you need to.

Thanks for all the advice!

Can I ask for some more please!

1) What is the lowest carb Greek Yog to get and where from?

2) Best vegetable suggestions please, as not a big veggie fan, but know that I need them?

3) Can I use canned raspberries with breakfast? Obviously no added sugar.

4) I heard there is some flavoured water from Tesco I can have, details please?

Thats all I can think of!

Well done everyone on your fab losses, you are all a real inspiration to me!

an old newbie

Hi everyone,

I followed Go Lower last summer for a while but started missing fruit & potatoes so went back to trying to stick to a healthy eating plan instead. It's worked not too badly - didn't lose any more weight but managed to maintain for 7-8 months but it's starting to creep on again so want to nip it in the bud. I'd like to lose another stone or so and try to keep that off for the rest of the year.

I'm using some of the packs I've got left from last year and will take it from there. I quite liked mixing and matching with my own recipes last time so plan to do the same this time again.

Anyway, day 1 is almost over and I've been fine - here's to dropping a dress size :)

Jacquie - I use Total Greek Yogurt but check what your local supermarket has and choose the one with the lowest carbs. Check some of the older posts for some veggie ideas. P35 of this thread has a full list of the GL suggestions. - hope this helps

Marion xx

Last edited:
Hi Jackie

Don't know how helpful I can be but lets try.........

I was told natural yogurt, I don't know if that is the same as greek as hubby normally does the shopping. I am allowed some berries each day and I sometimes add some to my yogurt to give it some flavour.

Veggies recommended are things like cauliflower and brocolli if I remember correctly. Not being a veggie fan at all sometimes I just have celery. I do know I am not allowed peas and they are the only veg I really like.

Tonight I just had the chicken and leek meal with no veg and I don't even want to eat anything else as I am full up.

I only buy fresh berries so I can't comment on the tins. However, when I have looked at carb content of some tinned fruits they were very high.

You can drink volvic with a tough of whatever...... but it must be the sugar free one. When I first went shopping I didn't know they did sugar free and I came home with the wrong ones. Doh!

Sainsburys also do a flavoured water and some of them are OK. Check for NO sugar / carbs and I was also told to avoid the sweetner Aspartmene by my Go Lower counsellor, why I don't know. I forgot to ask.

Any other questions I will try to help but really you should speak to Go Lower as they are the experts.

Thanks Suzy,

I did my shopping today, so I think I am all set!
Have had a look at the official Go Lower forum, and getting a bit worried! So many people complaining about not liking the packs! Some saying the meat is really fatty, others saying they are too watery and others saying that they make them feel sick!
I really want to stick with this diet for a good while, so really hope I like the food...
Hopefully my box will arrive tomorrow and I will start on Wednesday!

Hi Jackie

I can only speak as I find and I think I have said before I eat alot of the chicken foods and I find them just great. I am soooo fussy, I seriously don't know anyone else as bad as me and I am managing just fine.

Hi Suzy!
That's really helpful!

I am looking forward to starting! Can't wait to be slim again!
You are doing FAB! You must be chuffed to bits!

Hi Jacquie

Thanks. Yes I am very happy with myself, but that is only because I have found the diet so easy to stick to. In the past on various diets I have struggled and just end up cheating and lying to myself.

Hi Jacquie

I just wanted to say I am thinking of you today as it is your first day on Go Lower.

Any questions you know we are all here for you and call your personal consultant if you are not sure about something.

Just think your dinner should be cooked tonight in less than 5 minutes! Couldn't be easier, could it?

Hi Suzy!
Thank you so much for thinking of me!
Unfortunately my box hasn't arrived yet, so still waiting!
I've eaten pretty badly so far today!
I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that my box will arrive today!
Hope you are having another good day!

Hi Jackie

If your box hasn't arrived call them as mine are normally delivered the next day working day.

I called on Friday for a new box and it arrived on Monday, so yours should be with you by now.

Don't worry to much about eating badly, I did before I started as well. Once you start you know you will be really sensible as you want to lose weight.

Keep me updated.

Hi All,

It's the start of day 4 & I had a sneaky look at the scales this morning (even thought I promised I wouldn't 'til a full week had passed but hey...) anyway, I'm delighted as they're 5lbs down - yay!

Been finding it OK so far but I'm cooking my own evening meals and just using the GL stuff for brekkie, lunch & snacks.

so far so good!

Jacquie, I hope you get your box delivered soon. It's rubbish when you're all motivated and enthusiastic but can't get started.

Marion xx

Still no box! I phoned yesterday and it has been dispatched. I phoned the carrier and it is in the van to be delivered yesterday - but still no box!
My new problem is that we now have lots of snow everywhere.
I am away this weekend and was going to have problems doing GL for some of the meals anyway, so if it doesn't turn up this morning I'm going to hold off and start on Monday.

Hi Marion

we all have sneaky looks when we shouldn't but that is great news on your weight loss. You may find that some weeks you lose more than others but over the month it about averages to a stone.

So long as your evening meals are protein and not carbs I don't think that is a problem.

The other night I had fish with an egg...... it looked like a strange combination on the plate but tasted lovely! Sometimes for a change I have plain chicken rather than the Go Lower chicken meals.

I think I may turn into a chicken soon with the amount I eat. I have always eaten a lot of chicken but in the past I would add chips or potatoes so I guess that is why I didn't lose weight.

Just remembered what my son said last night when I typed the above.
He had lunch at my mums and I asked him what he had eaten as it was all down his school jumper and he said, "egg, mummy."
I then said you keep eating eggs and you will turn into an egg one day, and he said, "No mummy, I turn into man, like daddy."
I had to laugh, sorry if noone else is amused at what my three year old said!

Oh Jackie, how frustrating.....

Did they say where the van is, can the driver not be tracked. Sometimes I hate delivery companies as they never seem to get it right.

Back