Go Lower

Ive just resigned myself to starting on Monday now! A bit upset, but the main problem has been the weather.
I will try to be sensible between now and then and just not go too mad with food!
Well done Marion, thats a great start!

Hi

Jackie good luck with starting on Monday. Don't worry that you didn't start when you wanted to. You said you're away at the weekend, so enjoy the weekend, and be ready to start a fresh on Monday - good luck.

Got my weigh in later on....I go to a friends where she weighs me. Makes me fill excited when we do it together. She's doing a different diet - forget which one - and I'm doing loads better. Yey for Go Lower.

Anyway, OH home now, so off for the weigh in. Fingers crossed.

xx

Thanks, Happy!
Good luck at your weigh in!
Love
Jacquie
PS still no delivery! Ho hum!

Oh well Jacquie, at least you can enjoy your weekend without thinking about food. New week on Monday already for a new start.

Where are you that the weather is bad? On the news I have seen some bad areas of snow but I wasn't listening. I think I was trying to get the boys into their p.j.'s.

Hchappy, did you beat her again?

Well done Happy, you must be thrilled! Fingers crossed it works just as well for me!
Suzy, I live in a village called Crianlarich at the top end of Loch Lomond. We are on a farm, and the drive which is 3/4 mile long is pretty bad with snow.
However, I got my box yesterday, so can def start on Monday.
They had sent me 8 Mushroom soups and 6 salami though, when I told them I didnt like either of them, so I have sent them off this morning to be changed.
Raring to go on Monday, see you all then!

Hchappy, do you feel all smug by any chance at your weigh ins with your friend? You need to persaude her to go onto Go Lower and then she will see how easy it is!

Well done Louise, you are certainly on target for the stone.

Jacquie

glad to hear the box finally arrived. Where you live sounds beautiful so I am sure the disadvantages soon outweigh the scenery etc.

Well I guess today is your first day so I am thinking of you starting your Go Lower journey.

What do you have on the farm? Animals or arable? Hubby used to be a shepherd, coming from New Zealand that is not so unusual but growing up near London it is still a novelty to me!

Hi Girls
Well, I am finally up and running on Day 1!! Yehay!

So far
Granola, raspberries and greek yog - YUMMY
Decaf Capuccino - tasted the same as normal capuccino!
Tex Mex Soup(& little cheese) - Really nice!

So good so far!

Coconut bar and Chicken Curry with cauliflower cheese still to go!

Weighed in at 15st 13lb with morning! Not good, but hopefully on the way down now!

Sucessful Day!

Well girls that's my first day over and not had any problems.

Granola was nice, Tex Mex soup was ok, Coconut bar ok, chicken curry and cauliflower cheese was really yummy.

I cant see any reason why I can't live like this!

Only thing I would say is that I might have had too much cheese, because I had some in my soup, some as a snack as well as cauliflower cheese.

I'll try to at least cut it out as a snack tomorrow if possible.
Got a bit of a headache already, which I know is a good sign, so off to bed soon I think.

Suzy, my husband's family own a pedigree Galloway Cattle farm, forestry and have just built a Hydro scheme. So quite a variety really!

Looking forward to breakfast!!!

Well done Jacquie....... great start and it looks like you ate lots as well.

I was told I could eat the same as 2-3 babybels of cheese. I don't know if they have recommended the same for you or not but so long as your are sensible you will soon see the difference.

The farm does sound very varied. Now, I know what a belted galloway looks like, are your cattle totally different.

Let us know how Day 2 is going?

Suzy, they are the same, but without the white belt! Ours are totally black all over!

Day 2 going ok, Ive got Brocolli and cheese soup for lunch, bacon crunch as snack and beef in thyme gravy with cauliflower cheese for dinner.

Yes, it says 2-3 babybels or equivalent in the little booklet thingy. I just love cheese and my favourite veg is cauliflower cheese - yummy!

Hey Jacquie,
you seem to be doing really well. Really pleased for you. I still find it hard to believe how easy this 'diet' is! If only people realised that eating is easy, its just eating the right food. I find the fact that I don't have to think about each day - "What can I eat today" really helpful - its all there for me.

SuzyK - yes I always feel so smug when I get weighed with my friend. I'm sure it won't be long before she joins me at Go Lower. She can see the difference in me already and its only been 5 weeks! She is soooo jealous, but I feel so great, I don't care - is that wicked of me?

Anyway, good luck to everyone, keep up the good work and enjoy your 'dieting'.

xx

P.S
Jacquie, where you live sounds beautiful and picturesque...

hi all,

well week 1 went well & I lost 6lbs in total. Finger's X'd week 2 goes well too, though I've had a bit of a cough & sore throat & some of the medicine I've got has sugar in it. I've been trying to only take it at bedtime to help me sleep so hopefully it won't throw me off too much.

well done all of you on doing so well. Reading all your positive posts helps keep my motivation up loads

Marion x

Well done, Marion! What a FAB start!

Quick question, girls -

Is it ok if I have 1 coconut bar and 1 raspberry bar each day? I find they fill me up more than extra protein does, and I'm not really that keen on the bacon crunch or the nuts and seeds. Also think it will help keep me off the cheese!
Hope this will be ok, as this will not be easy to follow if I end up having to eat stuff I don't like! LOL!
Having said that I looooove the Brocolli and Blue Cheese soup, and may have it everyday!
All the main meals I've had so far have been nice, chicken curry being the best!

This is the plan for today -

Granola, berries & Greek yoghurt
Raspberry bar
Pea and Pancetta soup
Coconut bar
Moroccan Lamb Meatballs & Cauliflower Cheese

Sounds good to me!

Hi Pitpie!
How long have you been doing Go Lower, and how is it going?
I'm only on day 3, but really liking it so far!

One last question - I imagine that I'm meant to mix up my veggies a bit??? I think I'm addicted to cauliflower cheese!!! LOL! Would it do any harm to have it everynight?

Hi Jackie,

I am not a fan of veggies and have a lot of celery with my meals so I think so long as you go easy on the cheese I can't see it being a problem.

Regarding the bars, I think they are more of a treat so check with Go Lower before you get into the habit of eating two a day!

I went to the shops this morning to buy some chicken legs as I am eating a lot of chicken now, and if I feel peckish I will have one of them. To be honest, once keotosis kicks in you will find you are not hungry and somedays I have to make sure I eat enough!

I am impressed with myself that I know what your cows look like then if they are just minus the belt!

Hchappy, I think we are allowed to feel a little smug as we are doing so well.

Hi Pitipe,

so pleased you found us. How are things going?

Well done Marion, you have had a great first week. We are all here to keep you motivated so please always feel free to drop us a line and one of us will be sure to say hi and keep you focused.

Struggling a bit today (day 3)!

Have not cheated but have been picking at low carb stuff all day!
Think it is under control now after egg mayonnaise. Not strictly legal, but no carbs at least!
Think I will be having dinner early and then off to bed away from the kitchen! LOL!
I must put chicken legs on my shopping list for Friday!

Hows everyone else getting on today?

Back