Go Lower

Hi Ladies,

Well done to you all as usual....i will be staying well away from here if you are trying to palm that 1lb off on someone else....lol.

Shaz x

lol, well jumped on the scales this morning & it's gone so watch out ladies, there's a stray pound out there looking for a new home - you've been warned lol

Holidays are always difficult Suzy but there are lots of wise options, it's just training your mind to ignore the fab looking dessert trolley or asking for extra veg instead of potatoes/chips - not always easy when you're away.
If you avoid the obvious carb/sugar rich foods you shouldn't be too bad. Where and when are you going?

My wee boy is 4 on his birthday but I don't know a lot of the mum's that are coming as it's mostly his nursery friends that are invited and the nursery is near work rather than near home. I'll be self concious enough 'cos of that so the more weight I lose the better to give me a confidence boost.

Great idea with the packets you're not as keen on Jacquie, I've been thinking of doing something similar with some of them as I quite like the sauces but I'm not so keen on the meat, it can be quite dry & chewy.

Marion x

oh and a frittata is kinda like a crustless quiche.

I mix up eggs with a little cream and add whatever veggies and meat I fancy (chopped up) and grate in some cheese. Put it in a greased dish & bung it in the oven 'til it's firm in the middle. Nice hot or cold and (depending what you put in it) very low carb

Can you buy ready made frittata, or is it only the homemade ones that are low in carb? Sorry I am a won't cook, can't cook person!

If your party was anything like my sons I hardly got to speak to the mums because I was getting the food set out etc so you don't have a chance to feel self conscious. I did put on a dressy top over my jeans to try to make a good impression!

The running around you will probably be doing that day will no doubt shift any odd pounds if they have not gone already by then.

We are going to Spain in two weeks and I am just starting to get excited!

I think that 1lb has got the message that it is unwanted and it has left the building with the hot potato as we don't want either of them.

I love frittata but can't eat it any more. Since having my youngest I've become allergic to eggs! I can't eat them runny, cooked or anywhere in between. The only time I can eat them, unfortunately is in a cake - although I can't eat pancakes either. Really miss frittata as it was a really filling meal and good for you.

Had my weigh in last night - another 3lbs gone, not looking for any stray ones thanks! In 7 weeks have lost 1st10lbs. Really loving Go Lower.

Good luck to everyone and keep motivated - we're worth it.

xx

Hi Girls!

Week 2 weigh in this morning and I lost 2lb! So, 6lb in 2 weeks! I can definately be happy with that!

What's everyone else up to? Its gone very very quiet on here!!!

Hi Girls!

Week 2 weigh in this morning and I lost 2lb! So, 6lb in 2 weeks! I can definately be happy with that!

What's everyone else up to? Its gone very very quiet on here!!!

Excellent :)

I'm sulking as I put on, lost then put on again :(

OK I am still 1/2 pound lower than last week but, no idea what's going on and its annoying me now lol

Hi Pitipe! Sorry you had a bad week, but like you said you did still lose over the week! Look on the bright side - a new, fresh week!!
Fingers crossed for you

pitipe,
have you spoken to your Go Lower consultant? I've always found mine to be really helpful and easy to chat to. I know I've not had any problems (touch wood) with loosing since I've started with Go Lower, but you really should talk to your consultant.

Failing that, knuckling down is also a good tip!! xx

xx

Not had one problem apart from the last 2 weeks.

I did a stone in my first week and half and lost steadily since then.

I'll see what happens this week.

I have had a few changes cos of the exercise I do but, i have been between 30 and 40 carbs each day.

lol I do tend to talk to most people there but only cos I was one of the people the other week in the photo shoot for being 'success stories' think that started my downfall - had photos taken eating the chocolate brownies lol

Lets see how this week goes. The thing is last week I really didn't go off tract at all - the week before - yep mango sorbet.

hopefully it will sort itself out or it may just be my body is happy to stabilise

:)

Struggling a little to eat meals the last couple of days!
I always eat my breakfast, and still use the bars and bacon crunch as snacks, but finding it really hard to face the meals. I have been just picking at cheese/chicken/ham all day. So, I'm still eating low carb I know, but not really the plan!
Anyone else find this? Just never really hungry enough for a meal!!!

Jacquie That's what I like about Go Lower. You never really feel hungry. If you are concerned speak to your consultant, they're their to help and to put your mind at ease. Good luck xx

I find that I've more or less cut out snacking so eat more of my meals. Maybe you could try that?

Pitipe - keep going and see what happens. Congrats on the photo shoot and being a success story! You should be very proud. Maybe because you lost soo much to start off with, your body is just catching up with itself!? Good luck and keep at it.

xx

Struggling a little to eat meals the last couple of days!
I always eat my breakfast, and still use the bars and bacon crunch as snacks, but finding it really hard to face the meals. I have been just picking at cheese/chicken/ham all day. So, I'm still eating low carb I know, but not really the plan!
Anyone else find this? Just never really hungry enough for a meal!!!

Yep been there done that - you need to get a schedule to eat! I was the same and to a certain extent I still am but just in the habit now of eating at a set time

I went for weeks not having my lunch.

Jacquie That's what I like about Go Lower. You never really feel hungry. If you are concerned speak to your consultant, they're their to help and to put your mind at ease. Good luck xx

I find that I've more or less cut out snacking so eat more of my meals. Maybe you could try that?

Pitipe - keep going and see what happens. Congrats on the photo shoot and being a success story! You should be very proud. Maybe because you lost soo much to start off with, your body is just catching up with itself!? Good luck and keep at it.

xx

I agree hchappyh I have always been waiting for the plateau to come. I jumped on the scales this morning and a kilo down, lets hope it stays that way although I have found out that a square of dairy milk is 3 carbs - bad discovery lol

Thanks I am - I just got a mail on the bio that has been written about me and is going to be posted :D

Pitipe
Well done on being a "success story" I am going to wait until I reach target before putting myself forward.

Have a chat with Go Lower as they can suggest ways to kick start the weight loss again if you have any more problems.

Jacquie
I struggle to eat what I am supposed to and I snack a lot on chicken if I don't fancy a meal but sometimes I have to really get my head in gear and make myself sit down and eat a meal. Once it is in front of me I know I will enjoy it.

could be starting soon

hi all

just a few quick questions about GL

can i have coffee in the morning , only have one cup but with coffee mate

also can i have fruit as a snack , i really love apples , i know you can have berries on your brekkie but was thinking mid morning crunch

also can you have protein snacks if you get hungry

any help would be appreciated thanks xx

Suzy go for it. They contacted me after a post I made on their forum and it has been such an amazing boost it made the diet even easier.

lol

I think I am back on track now so all is good.

Geordie Girl

I can't help alot but if you phone Go Lower they will be able to answer your queries straight away.

I never drink coffee so I can't answer that for you.

Your berries you can eat at anytime if you don't want them for breakfast.

Protein snacks are fine as Go Lower is all about low carbs.

Once you have been on the diet for a few days you will probably find you don't even want that mid morning snack. Once your body is in keotosis you really don't feel hungry.

Go Lower do supply snack bars as well. My favourite is the raspberry as well as all sorts of other goodies. Nuts etc

I could never have survived this diet without my chocolate treats.

Chocolate covered raspberries are a taste senastion....... and I never ate raspberries before starting this diet.

By the way Go Lower do offer some sort of referral scheme so I have been told, so mention my name and this site and I think you will get some sort of discount. ( I have seen somebody promoting it on another post recently and I thought what a good idea!)

If you have any other questions I will help if I can but the people at Go Lower as so lovely so do try to give them a call.

Pitipe

I don't go on the Go Lower forum, I keep meaning to but I spend enough time on here so I don't know how I would cope with two forums.

I am so pleased to hear you are back on track.

hi all

just a few quick questions about GL

can i have coffee in the morning , only have one cup but with coffee mate

Coffee yes - they say decaf for coffee mate look on the carbs per teaspoon

if it is one or less you should be ok, any more and full milk or soy will possibly be better for you

also can i have fruit as a snack , i really love apples , i know you can have berries on your brekkie but was thinking mid morning crunch x

That will be a no at the start of your diet because of the sugars in the apple - when you start doing this it is amazing what you learn about food.

The diet is low carb but, it also gets your insulin levels balanced so you dont go hypo / hyper and burn your fat better so the sugar in an apple (even though it is natural) can effect that so thats why it is a no

also can you have protein snacks if you get hungry

any help would be appreciated thanks xx

Yes you can, chicken, prawns, tuna although you will find you done need it as you arent hungry.

Good luck
Pit :)

Back