Go Lower

Go Lower do supply snack bars as well. My favourite is the raspberry as well as all sorts of other goodies. Nuts etc

I could never have survived this diet without my chocolate treats.

Chocolate covered raspberries are a taste senastion....... and I never ate raspberries before starting this diet.

Have you had the chocolate brownies?

They are my downfall!!

They are delicious. Someone said heat them and put a little cream on it.

They never last long enough for me to heat them!

thanks for the relies ladies , really appreciate them

i'm going to speak to GL today about the trail pack , mainly cos i'm worried about shelling out the money if i dont like the food

got a holiday booked for end of august so thats my incentive to keep on track if i feel like straying , last year i felt like a beached whale , this year .................i hope i will look and feel fab

HI everyone.Wow just read all these threds they are very helpfull. I only wish i had found it earlier!
I have been doing Go lower for a while but with alot of help from the Go lower girls, they are wonderful putting up with me asking a million question especially at the start!
Have lost 5 stone and have learnt so much its amazing how little i knew about food untill i started Go Lower. May long it continue!

Hi Isabel

and welcome to the site and this thread. I am still learning everyday about food etc. I never knew there was soo much to know!

I have also had a great loss like you but still have someway to go before I reach target.

Geordie

My goal is my 40th in September so I know I will get there.

By the way I am the most fussy eater I know and I like the Go Lower food so I am sure you wil not have any problems with that at all.

Pit
Forget the chocolate brownies I am a total chocolate raspberry convert...... I didn't eat them to start with I just had chocolate brazil nuts as I didn't think I liked raspberries.

I actually ate the first one by mistake thinking it was a funny shaped brazil nut, WOW what a shock to my taste buds. I love them!

geordiegirl, Go Lower is brilliant. It's so easy to follow - you should just do it. Once you hit ketosis, you don't even feel hungry and you end up struggling to eat - you have to force yourself - a very strange sensation indeed when all I had done previously was binge!!!

Isabel B - welcome, you seem to be doing really well. Looking forward to some of your tips etc as you've been doing Go Lower longer than me...

Pit - the chocolate brownies - yum, but find I don't need cream, they are yummy all on their own!

Good luck

xx

thanks for the help so far ladies

well i've decided i am going to join the go lower program , i'm going to start on the 9th of april , purely cos the hubby goes away then for 2 weeks and i think it will make it easier to change if i dont have to cook for him , and if i get too tired i'll can just go to be early without worrying about him , hopefully by the time he comes home i will be over the worst
few question though , i understand you can have yoghurt on your breakfast , i love the greek yoghurt , does it have to be 0% fat or the regular 2%
how did you cope with the eating for boredom thing , thats my down fall , i eat when bored , angry , happy or upset , if fact any time except feeling hungry ...any help with this would be appreciated .thanks

Cool on your decision and your start time seems really sensible to me :)

Yoghurt - I have the 2% as there is less carbs in and and the supermarket always has that one

Boredom - I go and get a hot chicken or chicken wings from Asda and have it with a green salad. I wont lie week 14 and you do get bored but, knowing you can have a 'different' meal without breakign your diet is great and then you can get back on again

You just need to get diet friendly things in the fridge for the boredom (prawns, chicken, cheese) but, you will find you dont want the food.

Any other questions just ask:)

Hi Geordie

hubby away for two weeks. I was over it in about two days...... Keotosis kicks in so quickly you struggle to eat enough. No boredom eating because you really don't want to eat.

Like you, any excuse and I would snack on rubbish. I would often not eat a meal in the evening and then once hubby was in bed I would eat crisps, biscuits or chocolate.

I love Sainsburys prawn cocktail, check out the carbs though as their Be Good To Yourself is higher in carbs than the cheap one!

Last night hubby prepared me a meal and I had about 6 prawns, some smoked salmon, a chicken drumstick, an egg, a babybel and one stick of celery. I struggled to finish it and after had a bit of a tummy ache because it was really too much for me.

Pitipe,

your fridge contents sounds similar to mine!

Hi Georgie Girl,
Im glad your giving it a go, its well worth it when all the weight drops off!
Have you already paid? If not mention the referral scheme they have started then you can get money off! I think all you have to do is say where you heard about the diet(minimins) and my name then we all save money.
I found the only way to stop eating when i get bored is to keep busy because i wasnt hungry when i started the diet its just getting out of the habbit of eating when bored.
Good luck

hi isabel

not paid yet , i'm going to wait till i get paid on the 1st to join then start the following weekend when he goes away

i'm going to try low carb myself till then , have posted on the atkins page for some pointers , hopefully i will do ok till i start my new program

thanks for the replies ladies , great to know you are there xxx

hi isabel

not paid yet , i'm going to wait till i get paid on the 1st to join then start the following weekend when he goes away

i'm going to try low carb myself till then , have posted on the atkins page for some pointers , hopefully i will do ok till i start my new program

thanks for the replies ladies , great to know you are there xxx

Good luck i hope you do well! :)

geordiegirl....
Sounds like a sensible plan to start when your OH is away. Will definitely make things easier not having to think about him.

As Suzy says, when Ketosis kicks in, the boredom eating things also goes away as you are soooo not hungry that the thought of food actually makes you feel ill!! Its really weird but I've always eaten, upset, happy, moody whatever - I've heard someone call it an emotional eater - well that WAS me - no longer thanks to Go Lower!

Good luck, keep motivated and keep loosing!
xx

Hi i think bordem is the main problem for me and if im at home on my own. but i have managed to stop that by reminding myself that ive eaten im not hungry and them i do something to keep myself busy!! its all about changing habbits!
Isabel x

Hi Geordie

we are all here to support you.

The day you want to start Go Lower is the day I come home from my holiday so my thoughts will be going out to you.

Happy and Isabel

I don't do the boredom or emotional eating at all any more since being on the diet. I didn't even need an excuse to snack I would just do it because I knew the food was there!

Hi, after a while on Go Lower i did change my habbits alot, (do sometimes have the off day, no-one is perfect). The Go Lower ladies are a brilliant help!
How are you all doing? what has been you loss so far?

Hi Plumjuice,
Go Lower isn't cheap, but then they do provide all your food - you just top up with fruit and veg. The best advice I can give you is to give them a call on 0800 862 0099 for a chat or visit the website: Weight loss diet - Lose weight fast and enjoy real food on a ketogenic diet - Go Lower. They do different payment plans. If you mention me - hchappyh from this website, we will both get a discount (me on my next order and you on your 1st!) What have you go to loose, 'cept weight!

I'm really pleased with Go Lower so far. 8 weeks on the plan and have lost 2stone! What more can I say.

Good luck and keep loosing.
xx

Starting today

Hello all

Started GoLower today, having signed up to 16 weeks (I thought if I didn't sign up and part with the money I'd be too tempted to give up)

Enjoyed the broccoli and blue cheese soup and the beef and thyme but having had an early dinner I think I'm going to struggle for the rest of this evening!

Good to hear how well its gone for those of you have been on this for longer

Liz

Hi,
I am starting at the end of the week, so i would be interested in your experiences, Liz. Not sure what the average weight loss is on this diet. I look forward to receiving my packs and seeing what portion size we are allowed. Are you allowed vegetables in the early phase. I read some of the posts and vegetables were mentioned. forgot to ask the person who talked me through it what the difference was between the fat burning detox phase and the steady weight loss phase.
Good luck and keep us informed!

Back