Goal Weight? Gold member? HELP?!

bugsbunny2000

Proud to be a LOSER :)
Hi all :) To get to gold you have to reach your goal weight. Did you set you goal weight yourself or did your group leader? How was it set?

At the start of my journey, I set my own goal but my leader did say I could change it if I wanted. Now, I have a different group leader and am not sure if i should ask to change it? I set it at 9st 7lbs (I was originally 11st 4lbs and weighed in at 9st 13.5lbs last WI) and would like to set it at 9st 11 or 9st 9. Then I could still continue to lose weight if I do want to lose a bit more... as long as I don't gain 5lbs. Is this correct?

I think I've lost a few pounds this week so should have reached or been close to my next silver 7 now. Or my 15% is 9st 8lbs. Is it my choice as long as its between BMI 20-25 or is there something else that decides?

Advice appreciated :)

You decide ... I had my target at 10 st at group but iv recently changed it to 10.10 as that's the weight I want to be when I go on holiday ... 8 weeks away ..

Once you hit target you can't go 5lbs over it but you can lose as much as you want! So my plan is to get to 10.10 ... Be a goal member so stop paying an then try and continue to lose 10lbs while not paying..... Naughty yes, but I have been paying since jan now!

CLH_X3 said:
You decide ... I had my target at 10 st at group but iv recently changed it to 10.10 as that's the weight I want to be when I go on holiday ... 8 weeks away ..

Once you hit target you can't go 5lbs over it but you can lose as much as you want! So my plan is to get to 10.10 ... Be a goal member so stop paying an then try and continue to lose 10lbs while not paying..... Naughty yes, but I have been paying since jan now!

Haha my thoughts exactly!! I mean, I am slimmer than I have EVER been so that's surely reward enough. But with money and economy like it is, I cannot afford £20 a month anymore. And now I know bout the app that's better than the WW app, and I'm not staying for group anymore, then I'm happy! I'll see what my weight is next week and then whatever it is aim for a pound lower and call THAT my goal weight! Woop woop thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Great minds think alike!! haha...

As far as I know you can only go 5lb under your goal weight as well, least that's the way it used to be, may have changed so don't quote me on that!!

It says in the T&Cs stay within 5lbs of your goal weight.... I would say that means either side but I've heard talk on here about you can go more under.

Can anyone confirm this?

I thought it was 5lbs either side. That way people don't set a higher goal and then continue to lose weight attending for free, I guess. I am sure they wouldn't mind if you adapted your goal as you get towards it, and then perhaps adapt again. At the beginning it is just an estimate but as you near it you can tell if you need to lose more or less.

Haha they must have thought of that rule with me and CLH_X3 in mind.... hehe! But yeah I mean my lowest has been 9st 11.5lbs and my original goal was 9st 7lbs. Could 4.5lbs make much difference???? I dunno but yeah would they let you change your 'goal weight' if you actually want to lose more and you've already got your gold membership (i guess not... because of what you said...). Tbh though... if I actually lose more than 5lbs below my weight then... I clearly don't need WW lol. And since esource etc isn't free... what exactly are you getting to be a gold member?? Weighed in 5 times a year? Not really an appetising offer!

The only lower limit is that your BMI needs to remain above 20- if it falls below that they will suspend you membership for your own good. I am over 10 pounds under my official goal weight and have been for 18 months and it's not a problem.

You are right, I have gone on the website and it says "And remember, meetings are free providing you weigh-in 5 times a year and you don't exceed your Goal Weight by more than 5lb.". Good to know, I am going to make sure my goal is the top end of the range. I am assuming your goal has to be in the proper range.

Thank you ladies :) will go to my meeting Tuesday armed with this knowledge!! Gold member here I come hehe!!

According to the back Of my record card, you have to be between 20-25 BMI, have attended meetings for at least 5 weeks, lost at least 5lbs.

I have my WI on a Tuesday so may ask then for clarification!!

It is definitely 5lbs either way. They do this to stop people setting a higher goal and going for free while the lose the rest.

It does make sense... Either way i just want the knowledge that I am a gold member and can stop paying to go... And if I lose more and lose my membership then well, I'm still a winner cos I'd have lost more weight without WW help lol xx

Well I asked my leader Wednesday just gone how far below can I go once I hit target and she said there is not limit to go below but you can't gain more then 5lbs do I'm guna do what I said

She also said I canT go below a bmi of 20 (what a above member said)

Last edited:
WillowFae said:
It is definitely 5lbs either way. They do this to stop people setting a higher goal and going for free while the lose the rest.

Hi, just wondering where you got this "definite" information? :)

Hey guys

Asked my group leader and she said you can set your goal weight to anything within healthy BMI and that once you reach it you will only be charged if you go more than 5lbs over. But you can go down to as low as your healthy BMI range.

Excellent so I can stop paying at 9st 11lbs and get it free down to 8st 1lb if I want :) logically as a business they got this so wrong. As a customer, it is so right :) x

I'm unsure what to do. My max goal weight is 11st 1lb, and I am just over a stone off that. However, I want to get to 10st6lb to give myself a bit of breathing space and it's also exactly 100lb lost which is a nice round number! It makes sense to set it at the higher amount to get the meetings for free, but I am wondering if I will get that "OMG, I did it!!" feeling knowing I have a bit more to go to my true goal. Does that make sense?

I'm unsure what to do. My max goal weight is 11st 1lb, and I am just over a stone off that. However, I want to get to 10st6lb to give myself a bit of breathing space and it's also exactly 100lb lost which is a nice round number! It makes sense to set it at the higher amount to get the meetings for free, but I am wondering if I will get that "OMG, I did it!!" feeling knowing I have a bit more to go to my true goal. Does that make sense?

I totally no what you mean.....

I want to be 10 stone but my target is set at 10.10 as thats what i want to be when i go on holiday in just under 8 weeks time ( if im less its a bonus ) im also a lil worried that i might think **wooo im at goal** but im just guna treat it as if im not at goal at all... and carry on as normal.... just without the paying part!

Hey guys

Asked my group leader and she said you can set your goal weight to anything within healthy BMI and that once you reach it you will only be charged if you go more than 5lbs over. But you can go down to as low as your healthy BMI range.

Excellent so I can stop paying at 9st 11lbs and get it free down to 8st 1lb if I want :) logically as a business they got this so wrong. As a customer, it is so right :) x

Thanks for clearing that up... i thought i was right but at least u have it confirmed now aswel!

Back