Goan Prawn curry - need the recipe please

Patsylfc

Hello

I hope I've posted in the correct place!!!

I was wondering if any of you can help, in the last edition of the slimming world mag there was a gorgeous recipe for Goan Prawn Curry - I cut it out and used it last week - it was fabulous, but I think my other half threw the recipe away while cleaning kitchen.

I've looked on the official site but can't see it.
Can some one paste just the ingredients for me and I'd be eternally grateful.

Many thanks

Patsylfc said:
Hello

I hope I've posted in the correct place!!!

I was wondering if any of you can help, in the last edition of the slimming world mag there was a gorgeous recipe for Goan Prawn Curry - I cut it out and used it last week - it was fabulous, but I think my other half threw the recipe away while cleaning kitchen.

I've looked on the official site but can't see it.
Can some one paste just the ingredients for me and I'd be eternally grateful.

Many thanks

Is it the one in the 7 day planner? The Prawn and Tomato curry! If so

image-3836164064.jpg

image-2401600568.jpg

Ah thank you but it's not that one, it's got tamrind paste in it, and passata, coconut milk and a few spices- I swear it's called Goan Prawn curry.

Patsylfc said:
Ah thank you but it's not that one, it's got tamrind paste in it, and passata, coconut milk and a few spices- I swear it's called Goan Prawn curry.

That's the only prawn curry I can find in the new mag-will have another look now

Sorry it's in the one before the new mag - sorry didn't make myself very clear!

Welshtigger said:
That's the only prawn curry I can find in the new mag-will have another look now

Definitely no other prawn curry in the mag-sorry-it must be from a different magazine

Thanks for looking - will try and wing it. I'm sure I remember most of it.

This one is almost the same ----- from SW Curry book. Has tomato paste instead of passata.
I have most of the book in my laptop if you want any more.

GOAN PRAWN CURRY

800 gms tiger prawns - cleaned
200 mls reduced fat coconut milk
chilli powder to taste
1 tbsp paprika ¼ tsp turmeric
4 cloves garlic – grated
2 tsp grated ginger
2 tsp cumin
2 tbsp tomato puree ½ tsp sugar
2 tsp tamarind paste
salt and pepper
coriander leaves – finely chopped

METHOD
Place the chilli powder, paprika, turmeric, garlic, ginger, cumin, tomato puree and sugar in a pan and mix with 300mls of water. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce the heat and simmer gently for 8 – 10 mins.
Stir in the tamarind paste and coconut milk and bring back to the boil. Add the prawns and cook for 6 mins or until they are cooked through and have turned pink. Season and add the coriander. Serve with boiled rice.

Last edited:
Thank you so much, if you haven't tried this recipe and you like curry, I highly recommend it - it's lovely. I added some spinach at the end for my superfree veg.

Back