Gobsmacked and shocked!

lucylupin

Went with my friend to her wedding dress fitting this morning (im matron of honour), when the lady doing it, turned round and said, "turn round and let your mum look at you!"
Im only 2yrs older than her, and thought that i looked ok for my age, think id better get some better face cream! :cry:

Last edited:
awhhhhhhh!
Perhaps she needed new glasses!

Thanks, id like to think she did, just wish id had thought of something to say back to her, but i couldnt speak!

What's wrong with people?
I was out with my mum, this old lady looked my mum up & down and said "well you get all sorts in here, don't you?" to her friend.
What do you say, when people say these things?
There is nothing wrong with my mum and I'm sure you dont look old lucylupin! x x

daisykins said:
What's wrong with people?
I was out with my mum, this old lady looked my mum up & down and said "well you get all sorts in here, don't you?" to her friend.
What do you say, when people say these things?
There is nothing wrong with my mum and I'm sure you dont look old lucylupin! x x

What you say is - 'see this all sorts fist? Its about to go in your snobby stuck up
Face!!!'

How rude!

Went with my friend to her wedding dress fitting this morning (im matron of honour), when the lady doing it, turned round and said, "turn round and let your mum look at you!"
Im only 4yrs older than her, and thought that i looked ok for my age, think id better get some better face cream! :cry:

Instead of you looking old for your age maybe your friend looks exceptionally young:rolleyes:

I usually say something along the lines of "You know, I teach children full time, but quite frankly, you are the rudest person I've spoken to all week. You should be ashamed of yourself!" (Along with a haughty stare and a raised eyebrow it seems to get the message over okay).

All I can say is " She should have gone to Specsavers"!!!

Back