Gobsmacked!

Browsie said:
I agree it's so rude to chat while other people are having their turn in IT. I went to the 2 nd morning group this week instead of the first one and almost everyone was chatting among themselves really had to hold my Tongue not to shush them.

Then a woman who had put on 3 lb said she didn't know where it had come from then went on to say I haven't been 100% and had a take away expected a maintain or 1lb off so dont know where 3lbs has come from!! Honestly?!?

Some people live in total ignorance of what affect the food they eat can have on their body & no amount of people telling them they can't eat takeaways all the time& still lose weight will make them change their mind.

I don't know how my C keeps her temper sometimes. She has asked someone 'why are you here if you won't listen to what we say' once or twice but not nearl as many times as I would if I was her.

I agree it's so rude to chat while other people are having their turn in IT. I went to the 2 nd morning group this week instead of the first one and almost everyone was chatting among themselves really had to hold my Tongue not to shush them.

Then a woman who had put on 3 lb said she didn't know where it had come from then went on to say I haven't been 100% and had a take away expected a maintain or 1lb off so dont know where 3lbs has come from!! Honestly?!?

Did she say what takeaway it was though, as technically you could have a take-away every night as long as you factor it into your syns and should still expect a loss if you've followed the plan. (not saying I would suggest this though lol)

I know someone who is still loosing and goes way off plan and it annoys me when she tells me what she's had, not because she's going off plan but I don't understand why she eats what she does, like one day it was well I had chocolate cereal for breakfast then I was hungry when I got in from dropping the kids off so I had a toffee muffin, then at lunch I had another toffee muffin and when OH came home he wasn't hungry so I can another muffin for tea. Then he decided he wanted pizza so I had half of that and then he made pudding so I had that.... then she goes onto say but I've been really good today so hopefully I'll still loose. I know full well she'll kick off when she doesn't loose, but how can she expect to still loose, what annoys me the most is I don't understand her choices, I would never substitute a meal for a muffin unless it was literally I'm out and about starving and all thats available is muffins.

Did she say what takeaway it was though, as technically you could have a take-away every night as long as you factor it into your syns and should still expect a loss if you've followed the plan. (not saying I would suggest this though lol)

I know someone who is still loosing and goes way off plan and it annoys me when she tells me what she's had, not because she's going off plan but I don't understand why she eats what she does, like one day it was well I had chocolate cereal for breakfast then I was hungry when I got in from dropping the kids off so I had a toffee muffin, then at lunch I had another toffee muffin and when OH came home he wasn't hungry so I can another muffin for tea. Then he decided he wanted pizza so I had half of that and then he made pudding so I had that.... then she goes onto say but I've been really good today so hopefully I'll still loose. I know full well she'll kick off when she doesn't loose, but how can she expect to still loose, what annoys me the most is I don't understand her choices, I would never substitute a meal for a muffin unless it was literally I'm out and about starving and all thats available is muffins.

changing the subject slightly, my daughter was at her friends house & she ate another bag of crisps, DD said 'that's your 3rd bag of crisps' to which her friend replied 'yes but I'm hungry', well if your hungry eat something proper that will fill you up. DD still can't understand it why her friend thought crisps were a meal substitute!

changing the subject slightly, my daughter was at her friends house & she ate another bag of crisps, DD said 'that's your 3rd bag of crisps' to which her friend replied 'yes but I'm hungry', well if your hungry eat something proper that will fill you up. DD still can't understand it why her friend thought crisps were a meal substitute!

It's crazy how some people think isn't it, if I'm hungry I want a nice big meal to fill me up. One reason I never really got on with diets until I found slimming world

I think we can all get away with the odd nip and tweak to some extent though - not very much in my case unfortunately :(

I do think however that some people come to class to get weighed and they may pick up the odd recipe tip here or there but at home they are basically cutting back without following the plan as such so they will still lose.

I know that I personally would feel embarrassed getting stickers and SOTW fruit baskets knowing I hadnt really done it. I remember one woman and our old group a couple of years back ( she was a right old trout ) and she lost 2 stone. When our C asked which plan she followed she said ''oh I dont - I just cut back'' and it was a tru tuimbleweed moment lol.

I also remember one taster session we had and some woman brought cauli cheese and it was delish and I asked her how on earth she made it and she said ''well I used skimmed milk, flour, low fat cheddar and flora instead of butter'' and I nearly choked. LOL

This goes back to the Irish lady that sometimes sits with me who turns up (when she can be bothered even though she has bought a 12 week countdown) and says to you how have you done Sheila so i tell her blah blah blah , then she proceeds to tell me she has had crisps, choccies (just cos people at work bring them in) cakes etc... and adds if ive stayed the same ill be happy. She has admitted she doesnt even "try" and just hopes she doesnt gain

Its so annoying I try and get in earlier now and sit at the back where there are no spare seats as frankly im sick of hearing it :p

This goes back to the Irish lady that sometimes sits with me who turns up (when she can be bothered even though she has bought a 12 week countdown) and says to you how have you done Sheila so i tell her blah blah blah , then she proceeds to tell me she has had crisps, choccies (just cos people at work bring them in) cakes etc... and adds if ive stayed the same ill be happy. She has admitted she doesnt even "try" and just hopes she doesnt gain

Its so annoying I try and get in earlier now and sit at the back where there are no spare seats as frankly im sick of hearing it :p

dont blame you - I have ranted on here before about those that stay to group and gloat about a loss when they have eaten everything in sight all week. ONCE I got away with a bad week and lost a pound but kept my gob shut in IT as I feel it's tactless towards those who have tried and havent lost x

Yeh exactly Liz - there are the regulars who go every week and blatantly sit and say well I had 2 bottles of wine etc - it pees me off grrrr

I've never quite got my head around how people don't seem to mind paying £5 a week to follow the plan, yet don't! I mean if they ain't gonna follow the plan, they could save themselves some money!!
And also people who skip a week because they are ill, busy, scared they have gained, etc- they have to pay for missed weeks (unless its booked as hol and that's different) anyway so y would you not come?
I just don't get it lol (must add, I understand if its work-related, like meetings etc I'm talking about people who fake illness and are scared they have gained so put in a no show!)

I have to admit I can only get away with a bad week if I eat every little on the 3 days before WI, but that's not the way to do it and I think I only lost a pound that particular week, so worth it? No because I put it back on the following week!
I'm happy to talk about the rubbish I've eaten if I've gained, ESP after my birthday week when I gained 4lbs, but your right its tactless to talk about it when you have lost and there's some poor bugger next to you who's been 100% but gained a half!

At the class I used to go to there was one particular girl who lost between 4/6 lb every week then went on about how many cakes & takeaways etc she had the c said if she didn't lose weight by following the an she didn't want to know what she ate as there were a few members struggling to lose that we're following the plan x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Good for the C - thats exactly how they should react. People get so downhearted when they have followed the plan 100% and dont lose, they dont need to hear that rubbish

At the class I used to go to there was one particular girl who lost between 4/6 lb every week then went on about how many cakes & takeaways etc she had the c said if she didn't lose weight by following the an she didn't want to know what she ate as there were a few members struggling to lose that we're following the plan x

I can't stand those kind of people. Talk about rub people's noses in it who try really hard and feel disheartened when they lose 1 or 2lbs a week xxx

I know what you mean, I've moved to a Wednesday group (same C) and last night was my 2nd week and I saw only a handful of the same people that started the week before (there was at least 20 newbies!) and most had gained and didn't know y!!!
I'll be glad when January is over and it gets back to normal eg. All the newbies give up!

ouch....

You do wonder if people even ipen their book. I've beeb doing it on and off for years but I still look in my book. I can't stand the well ive put on a pound and cant understand why. It turns out they've had take a way and rubbish. Sends me to despair, I'd be a terrible consultant because I'd be too up front.

i havent read my book for about five months, i havent even opened the new pack.

I only joined on January 5th but I'm a regular rejoiner! The rudenss of some people shocked me. Two new members actually walked out during the new member talk! The consultant was telling them about the HUNDREDS of free foods that you can eat, one of them piped up about using fruit in her ice cream maker. When the consultant told her that she would have to syn this, she and her friend tutted and walked out!!

huge LOL moment!

I lost Alot of weight this week... 11.5lbs, I did this through following the plan 100% and lots of exercise was gutted when I heard the lady behind me whisper to her friend I bet she's been taking those slimming pills. I hadn't just determind. Put a proper damper on my excitement x

ok, got a confession. I hadnt been there that long and one person was justifying her weight gain this week because her dog died. I asked to the person next to me in a voice that was slightly louder than it should have been, "did she eat it?"

gazter said:
ok, got a confession. I hadnt been there that long and one person was justifying her weight gain this week because her dog died. I asked to the person next to me in a voice that was slightly louder than it should have been, "did she eat it?"

Lmao!! :D sorry!!

Back