Gobsmacked!

I often do a chippy dinner - I have gravy with it too yum

I do mine in the actifry... that way I can use my 1 tbsp of oil HexB and they taste every bit as good as chip shop chips. I had gotten used to SW chips but the little bit of oil in the actifry makes all the bit of difference to me, lush and it feels much more naughty that it really is! What I love most about it is that there is no faffing about parboiling or spraying chip trays with fry light etc... it's just wash, peel, chip throw it in with oil, switch on, chill out relax and wait 30mins and bang done :) Before chips were a painful experience of parboiling, taking out and drying, turning them over one by one every 10 minutes watching them constantly to ensure they didn't burn and most of the time I just couldn't be a**ed!

mmmm chips with my hexA allowance of applewood melted on top... I wish lunchtime would hurry up so I can have some hehe

Im after one too Liz but I think hubby would kick off at paying about £80 for a "chip pan" lol ( i will get one)

When I do my SW chips now I dont par boil them I just cut them and pop em in the microwave for a few mins and then frylight them and pop em in the oven. This week ive done sweet potato chips and also turnip chips they were nice with italian herbs sprinkled on them yummy :D

I do mine in the actifry... that way I can use my 1 tbsp of oil HexB and they taste every bit as good as chip shop chips. I had gotten used to SW chips but the little bit of oil in the actifry makes all the bit of difference to me, lush and it feels much more naughty that it really is! What I love most about it is that there is no faffing about parboiling or spraying chip trays with fry light etc... it's just wash, peel, chip throw it in with oil, switch on, chill out relax and wait 30mins and bang done :) Before chips were a painful experience of parboiling, taking out and drying, turning them over one by one every 10 minutes watching them constantly to ensure they didn't burn and most of the time I just couldn't be a**ed!

mmmm chips with my hexA allowance of applewood melted on top... I wish lunchtime would hurry up so I can have some hehe

I never par boil and have a chip tray (pound shop) spray with frylite in a tub shake to coat and lay on my chip tray and bake on full blast

Way cheaper than an actifry

An actifry costs nothing when you have a daddy like mine ;) and it can be used to make tonnes of things, not just chips... syn free banana fritter anyone? or how about fried chicken! But by far my favourite actifried breakfast is cubed potatoes, onions, button mushrooms and bacon with a hexA allowance of cheese melted in using 1 hexB tbsp of Garlic Oil...nommmmm!

Do the actifry use a Tbsp of oil then, is that how much there spoon holds - I have just been looking at then but I didn't find a clear idea of the amount of oil used.

So it would mean a HeB or 6 syns for the frying - hmmm I was getting tempted but I like my hi fi bars for HeB and I don't know that I want to spend my syns on this when I have been fry lighting for free.

Do the actifry use a Tbsp of oil then, is that how much there spoon holds - I have just been looking at then but I didn't find a clear idea of the amount of oil used.

So it would mean a HeB or 6 syns for the frying - hmmm I was getting tempted but I like my hi fi bars for HeB and I don't know that I want to spend my syns on this when I have been fry lighting for free.

Yes 1 tbsp for a big load of chips, but if you are only making chips for 1 what I personally do is use just a teaspoon and count it as 2 syns... then I just spray frylight over the rest of the chips to make sure they're not too dry. You can just use frylight rather than oil actually and have totally syn free chips but I like the bit of taste that the oil gives which is why I choose to use it.

With the frylight you will end up with chips pretty much the same as SW oven chips, but usually a bit "healthier" looking lol

An actifry costs nothing when you have a daddy like mine ;) and it can be used to make tonnes of things, not just chips... syn free banana fritter anyone? or how about fried chicken! But by far my favourite actifried breakfast is cubed potatoes, onions, button mushrooms and bacon with a hexA allowance of cheese melted in using 1 hexB tbsp of Garlic Oil...nommmmm!

I know id prob only use mine for chips so cant justify expence i love cooking but my fave gadget Is my yogurt maker 1litre syn free for 60p .... Banana fritta would be syns hun as all cooked or pureed fruit has syns :(

Last edited:

How do you make the banana fritter? Sound s lovely

How do you make the banana fritter? Sound s lovely

It's batterless I'm afraid, but it's simply sweetner in around the banana wrapped up in tin foil then placed in the actifry, I'm not a lover but my brother can't get enough of them done this way

and me but find them a bit messy sometimes like when spray frylight on them it goes through the mesh

I always put it on top of the chopping board I used to chop the potatoes before spraying, as I'd be washing it anyway so a bit of oil in it is no hassle :)

Back