Going Down for the Big Trip

Thank you ladies. I was very good yesterday but only managed 909 calories, well under by 700, and, despite my knee doing its utmost to ruin things, I went for a lovely walk on the beach with the dogs. This morning I had put on 0.3 of a pound so I will try and keep focused over the weekend now.

What dogs do you have? I do all my walking on the beach with my two. The one on your profile pic reminds me of my Oscar.

Attachments

• image-1127305184.jpg
    image-1127305184.jpg
    405.2 KB · Views: 44
Hi Kitty, my avatar is a mini Jack Russell and I have two Pointers as well. They try and keep me fit but my knee is really starting to play up and I'm going to have to go back to the doctors again at some point and see what they say. Flat and downhills are ok, it's the uphills that get me everytime! The pointers are useful for pulling me up then!! lol

I would be lost without my two mutts... They are my babies ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1422096603.353891.jpg

Mind that knee Foxy... Hope you are OK x I would love to live near the sea... I find it therapeutic

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Awww, lovely pups! They really know how to keep us active don't they!

My three

image.jpg

Last edited:
What gorgeous doggies

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Why oh why am I struggling to eat calories! Thursday 909, Friday 662, Saturday extra fast day 454, Sunday 899, it's supposed to be 1650 on feed days. I'm still not sure if having a small gap between fast and feed day calories is doing me any good but I have my evening meal and really don't feel like anything else. I've had hubby double check my reckoning too. Other than scoff things that I see as bad, cheese (really ******* up my hernia), jam's etc (I don't have that much of a sweet tooth) or going back to alcohol (slippery slope and why I'm here in the first place) I can't seem to do it. It's so infuriating to do well on the fast days and then watch the scales rocket after a feed day of so few calories. Always fighting the being back to square one. This is why I failed last year. The big losses at the beginning of this year are, I am now positively sure, just down to the christmas excess dropping off. And it felt so good at the time.

Fast day today and I've had nothing today other than water and black coffee. Tonights meal has 338 calories and I may have a bag of mini rice cakes afterwards. Tomorrow I will try hard to reach the 1650!!!

Aww hun I can hear the turmoil in your post.

Don't stress about the calories, your body has adjusted to the fast days and you've clearly learnt about your own eating.

Maybe include

full fat items like butter/yogurt,
use cooking oil
increase your protein portions
Drink a fruit juice or smoothy
Increase your fruit intake for snacks.

You don't necessarily have to introduce 'naughty foods' you just need to think outside the box.

Try not to beat yourself up, sending hugs x

You sound like you are having a tricky time Foxy :-( What about adding in things like nuts/seeds etc to boost calories...

Hope you are ok - hang in there. You're doing brilliantly
x

Thank you ladies. I have some sunflower seeds and almonds in the larder, I will sprinkle my porridge in the morning. :)

I actually watched the Horizon programe this morning so I think I will be adding some frozen fruit to my next shop too I think! :D

OK, took on board the advice and had 20g each of chopped figs, apricot, almonds and some sunflower seeds on my porridge this morning. Total 518 calories, Just for breakfast!!! I feel bloated, very full and totally guilty!!! :cry:

Thanks Kitty.

I had a small piece of cheddar on soda bread for lunch and I'm now aiming for Spanish Chicken for dinner which works out at 417 calories so I'm totalling at 1510!! The most I've eaten in ages!!!!

Woo hoo Foxy - fair play. Don't feel guilty. That sounds fab! Healthy and filling foods... x

Thanks Fi. I'm sitting here feeling like a whale though. :sigh:

Fast day yesterday and I got through on 512 cals. I haven't been to the loo in a couple of days (sorry) but I just about almost scraped through with a 1lb loss this morning. It was actually 0.8 of a pound but there you go. I figured another week of STS was more demoralising than pushing the ticker just a smidge!! Of course I have since been to the loo since the weigh in so I'm sure the whole lb has been reached. :D Well that's my logic and I'm sticking to it.

Breakfast today was Oat Crunchy and Activia 0% fat 385 cals. Lunch was so Waitrose spinach and Ricotta tortellini with tomato and basil sauce 568 cals and dinner tonight is beef stirfry with lots of vegetables 340 cals.

Well done Foxy - I totally agree with your logic. Great result. Well done xox

I'm still here but I've been poorly. I have a lot of problems with ulcers and a hiatus hernia and it's been rejecting food. I suppose it helps with the diet! Normal service will be resumed shortly. And now we have snow. :gen125:

Back