Going Down for the Big Trip

Foxtrot

Is back in the saddle!
I see a few of you have diaries so I thought why not. Helps keep everything in mind. :)

We're going back to Australia in August and travelling around a fair bit. I do not want to be waddling or uncomfortable! The last time we went I had just finished losing a load on Lighter Life and felt great. Since then the weight has crept up and I have about 2.5 stone to lose.

I played around a bit with 5:2 last year, joined a different forum and then became ill so everything went a bit pear shaped. This New Year I'm grabbing the bull by the horns and coming back to Minimins where I found loads of support before.

Everything is looking good but I think the most of the weight off so far has just been the Christmas excess. This week I fasted on Monday and I was supposed to yesterday too but I went over to 725 cals. Today I'm having lunch with a group of friends down in West Bay where they filmed Broadchurch and I've scanned the menu already to find the least calories!! If it goes pear shaped I can always fast tomorrow!!! Isn't that option great!!

Weeeeeelllllll... Today's lunch went well! I had two black decaf coffees, two very small, artfully arranged pieces of thin frittata and a biddy bit of salad on the side. Even with wishful thinking it would only just come to 225 cals according to MyFitnessPal. Dinner is Weightwatchers Vegetable Arrabbiata at 252 cals. So, even though I think I over estimated the frittata to be on the safe side I'm still under 500!

Lunch out out with friends isn't impossible. :D (Mind you the nattering helped).

Subbing xx

Well, I didn't expect to lose 4lb this week at all! I was quite ill on Monday night so perhaps that is the cause. I don't think I will be seeing such great leaps again and hope it doesn't totally stop for a while but wow it feels good!!!

I'll stop bouncing in a bit. Good job I have decaf coffee!

Thank you Lorna :)

Thanks Lisa.

Today I've actually managed to hit my 1600 calories, mainly down to having 2 glasses of Malbec with a lovely dinner! :eek:
Anyway!!!...my weigh in day was this morning so I have the weekend to enjoy life a bit, stop and think and gather myself ready for Monday again.

Now you just watch my little ticker go a bit funny over the next few days! It's the MyFitnessPal one that's linked to my account and my Withings so I don't actually change it, weighing in on my scales does it automatically! Scarey stuff. Still, what it states next Friday morning will be the measurement that counts!

I hope you all have a good, well behaved weekend. :)

Last edited:
Well nearing the end of the weekend and not too bad! It was the weekends I always fell down on last year. I did have a couple of glasses of Malbec on Friday with a total of 1687 calories, so made my quota and one glass last night and a calorie total of 1022 quite a bit under. Still managed to up the weight by nearly 2lbs though.

Today no alcohol, plenty of water and, so far, 916 calories so will have to think of something else to have even though I'm stuffed and don't like eating after 7pm as I have a hiatus hernia.

Looking forward to to fasting tomorrow. I hope you all have a good week!

Yay Kitty! We can do this thing. :D

Popping in to subscribe... Best of luck Foxy x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Hello Fi! :D

I had a fast day Monday and a feed yesterday and the scales are going up and down like a yoyo. Back up to only 8lb total loss today. I can live with that, I can live with that, I can live with that....!!!! I ate mainly fruit and vegetables yesterday so I'm wondering if it was all a bit too much fibre. Calorie total 1536 but I did go over on the fat by 17 because I had some almonds. Hmmm Must be more careful there.

Never mind, back on the fast today, second coffee already half drunk and I've plenty to do to keep me busy so hopefully I can last quite some time before I need something of my 500. Looking forward to what tomorrows scales say as I think the 4lb last week was a fluke and this will be a more true reading.

It's hard to see such daily fluctuations on the scales. I'm trying so hard to weigh only once a week as I tend to lose focus when I weigh more than once but I bet your weigh in goes well tomorrow Fingers crossed for you x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Hi Claire and thank you for joining in. Good luck with starting today. :D

I didn't expect miracles this week after such huge losses the past two weeks and I am more than pleased to have stayed the same over the week. I know the scales and ticker went up and down a bit but that is to be expected. I'm still unsure whether I like my Withings talking directly to the MFP Ticker and bearing all! No room for fudging it there lol

Now I already have the minimum of carbs and hardly ever touch bread and certainly don't buy chocs, sweets or cake but what could I do better next week? I think I went a bit overboard with almonds and fruit. Everything in moderation was not in practise where they were concerned so I will try and be better there. I was also a bit slack on the dog walking leaving it up to hubby more often than not. I'd better pull my finger out.

The elation I felt last week after such a great loss lasted days, until I had to try a coat on from Craghoppers. I'd already ordered a size up so I could put a jumper underneath and I could do it up but it was rather snug and lifting my arms was almost impossible! I know it's more their sizing and perhaps the styling with the arms, and I have since read they are rather mean in their measurements, but it still deflated my bubble so fast I had to have a stern talk with myself! On the flip side we have had to pay the deposit for the holiday and we've had the hotel and flight confirmations come through so I really am on a time limit now!! :eek:

I hope you have great results for this last week and the next one goes well for you. :)

Sounds like you're doing a great job. Some sizings are all over the place, depends on the manufacturer so don't go by that. Have a great day.

Back