Going from two to three without eating for five!

Yes it's a shame about the aqua fit for pregnant ladies, there were classes when I was pregnant with DD, but in those days you went on maternity leave at 28 weeks and had to go back when baby was 6 months old! (you could go on maternity leave later but you still only had 26 weeks after baby was born.) so there was plenty of time for aqua classes, I did meet people there, but to be honest I met more at mother and baby groups set up by baby clinic, I'm still good friends with 2 people I met there. One moved out of the area when DD was 3 but we kept in touch. The others son went to nursery/primary and secondary with DD, and have grown up together, we don't see each other often, both have work commitments, but we get together usually half terms.

Afternoon Caz,

My DH is not a big fruit eater, either -- can you get A to drink smoothies?

Hi Caz, how are you and your precious cargo? As far as exercise is concerned you know I'm a walker, but you'll be doing plenty of that soon with a pushchair,lol! Are you going to find out the sex of the baby or keep it a surprise. You know it's all the rage here to have a "Gender Reveal " party (I'm not joking ) to announce the news. Same thing like a Baby Shower (also HUGE here ) but you have a normal looking posh cake, which you then cut and reveal the inside like pink or blue sponge or filling..... you've probably heard of them.

Diva x

P.S What is it with Hubbies who won't eat fruit, Mr D rarely eats any....

That's a good idea Mel, we went through a phase of having smoothies for breakfast but then stopped when we started SW as blending fruit has syns. I've never really understood that, I get their point but I think it's silly. We have a smoothie2go maker so it's nice and easy to get a smoothie made in the morning, not sure I could stomach one in the morning but I think he would.

Spud and I are doing fine :) I'm 18 weeks tomorrow and really thought that things would be easier by now but they don't seem to be. I'm still waiting for that healthy glow that people say pregnant women have but it hasn't appeared yet. The nausea doesn't seem to be going anywhere just yet but I am lucky in that I don't get sick very often at all and it didn't start until about 9/10 weeks. The tiredness is the main thing that gets me but I think it's starting to ease up a little bit, I bought a fancy new maternity pillow which seems to be helping. My back and hip have started getting quite uncomfortable during the night and it was waking me up, I'm still waking up a bit but at least it's not in pain so I get to sleep more easily.

This is going to make me sound ridiculously soppy and over emotional but last night I was lying in bed and got this overwhelming sense of awe and amazement over what being pregnant actually means. Obviously I know what it means but just that thought that there's a baby growing inside of me, a real live person. I can't explain it but those of you with children will understand what I mean I'm sure. It's just strange, scary, exciting, nerve wrecking and amazing all at once. I wish every woman who wanted to got the chance to experience this and I feel so very blessed and lucky that I get to.

Anyway, soppyness over! We had a chat and we've decided that we want to find out whether we're having a boy or a girl, even though a few members of my family are adamant that we should keep it as a surprise. We want to be able to have a proper think about names instead of just thinking well we don't know if it's a boy or a girl yet, which seems to be our excuse every time we struggle! I want to be able to buy some nice clothes too instead of just neutral stuff, I think there's some lovely neutral stuff out there but I think I'd end up replacing half of it once we knew. We've also got some offers of clothes, depending on whether we're team pink or blue and my mum would like to know as she wants to knit us some bits so it's best to know really. Everyone seems convinced that we're having a girl, I don't really mind what we have although I know Aaron would prefer a boy but has come round to the chances of a girl and has said he won't mind either way.

We're going to get started on the baby's room soon. I'm not due until April but the plan is to do a phased attack!

Phase 1 - Declutter the office room and move my computer on to a small desk in the bedroom over the next few weeks allowing us to move all the baby stuff upstairs and get downstairs decluttered ready for Christmas tree etc.
Phase 2 - After the Christmas tree comes down, move my current desk downstairs and put Aaron's computer on it leaving the office room as a baby room
Phase 3 - Over the following couple of months start to get furniture and bits up in the now baby's room, start little bits of decorating having the majority of it done by February half term

That leaves us with an almost complete room with 2 months left to go, all we then have to do is put the little finishing touches up. It's getting a bit of a struggle with space now, we're being given things but don't really have anywhere to store them so the sooner we get things sorted upstairs the better. A friend is holding on to a cot bed for us until Christmas which does us a huge favour, saves us a fortune!

I know I love planning and organising but it's all a bit overwhelming at times.

Originally it was the 20th but they've moved me back to the 24th. I'm really hoping for 18th-20th though.

Hey Caz - congratulations on your pregnancy! I think we posted a bit on each other's wedding threads. I'm pregnant too - 11 weeks and due first week in June.

Well done on managing your weight. I've piled it on unfortunately - am constantly nauseous, and eating is the only thing that helps, so I'm constantly eating! Want to nip this in the bud though and at least try to maintain for a while. I'm having a nightmare with clothes just now! Anyway here to subscribe and hopefully rub off some of your good choices on me :)

We did, congratulations to you too! I don't seem to be able to eat a lot anymore so I really need to try and make sure I'm eating the right things. When I feel really nauseous I eat a couple of ritz crackers. Someone suggested it to me and it works an absolute treat. How are you feeling other than the nausea?

Ooh might need to try Ritz - they sound good right about now lol. My main issue is tiredness - I never knew I could be so exhausted! Really hoping it lifts a bit in second trimester. How have you been keeping?

Hi Caz,

We knew both times - I think it was helpful. By the time the babies were born . . . we knew them. ;)

You can add things like wheat germ to smoothies and boost the nutrition that way.

Your new place sounds much larger than your last one.

I wish I could say the tiredness has lifted but 18 weeks today and it hasn't yet. I do feel a bit better than I did though so it's hopefully improving.

I think it's useful to know the sex too. Like you said Mel, you get to know them a bit more and I feel like you can prepare a bit better. We have a couple of boys and girls names in mind at the moment but there's no real motivation to narrow it down when it means spending time choosing names that we won't use if we don't have a boy/girl. I can understand people wanting to wait but what it really boils down to is I'm just not that patient!

The new place is definitely bigger, especially our bedroom. The only downside to the house though is the lack of storage space. There's plenty of kitchen cupboards but otherwise there's the boiler cupboard in the harbor and that's it. So we're going to have to have a think about whether we can declutter some more and get a bit creative with storage. We thought about putting some big shelves and stuff up but we'd have to take them down and make it like they were never there when we move. That seems a bit too much hassle as we only want to stay here a few years.

18 weeks today Caz? That's fab! I know that you have a big family but is it the same on DH's side? My friend had her little lad two years ago now and there was just so much excitement for the first Grandchild, lol !! ( on both sides ) Though, I think with bigger families and lots of little ones, you can often share the early clothes and bigger baby items, as they usually end up being almost brand new, after being used a few times....I'm all for recycling and a bargain ;)

Diva x

Yep, 18 weeks today. Day to day it seems to be going so slowly but really it's going pretty quickly. Almost half way now.

Like you said Diva, my family is huge. There's us 6 girls, 9 nieces and nephews, 1 great nephew and another one on the way (my niece is due on the 27th Dec). For Aaron it's him, his brother and parents. They have little to do with aunts and uncles, though there are quite a few of them, so it took a lot of getting used to for Aaron with my family. So his parents are really excited, more so than I thought they would be actually.

Morning Caz -

Look on Pin ter est for creative storage ideas. There are some impressive ones put there.

I've got some ideas but they all involve a fair bit of DIY and A is useless! I think our biggest priority to to declutter and think about what we really need to keep. I'll be honest, we still have a couple of boxes unpacked. We've been here 3 months, if we've not needed it in 3 months we probably don't need it at all.

I've got some ideas but they all involve a fair bit of DIY and A is useless! I think our biggest priority to to declutter and think about what we really need to keep. I'll be honest, we still have a couple of boxes unpacked. We've been here 3 months, if we've not needed it in 3 months we probably don't need it at all.

We've still got some boxes etc. unpacked and we've been here a year!!! We have had a look in them when we were looking for the camera which we still haven't found, I think we must have thrown it way with some rubbish :(

Hey MamaCaz!

That's so not true -- the minute you get rid of it, you'll need it. ;)

We've still got some boxes etc. unpacked and we've been here a year!!! We have had a look in them when we were looking for the camera which we still haven't found, I think we must have thrown it way with some rubbish :(

I still have boxes of books and DVDs - because I am redoing DS's room and will only purchase a shelving unit once it's sorted. I need to work on that today, too.

Quick update, I've been putting it off for ages because I'm just lazy (no other excuse!) and people on Facebook generally get to keep up anyway as I'm too post happy.

Anyway, I ended up at the hospital on Friday. I was throwing up from 2am on Friday morning so got an appointment at the antenatal clinic and the doctor decided to keep me in because I was dehydrated. I'm feeling better now but still quite drained so saw my GP today who decided to sign me off work for 2 weeks. I should be at a point now where the nausea and tiredness is improving but it just seems to get worse and she thinks that's because I'm getting run down and stressed. I feel really bad but I think that she's probably right so for once in my life I'm going to just take her advice and not argue.

I'm going to use the next 2 weeks to relax and get some of that energy back but I'm also going to try and get things around the house sorted. There's piles of things that need sorting (washing to put away, presents to find a home for etc) and they're not getting done because I just haven't had the energy or motivation so feeling like everything at home and work is getting on top of me has been really getting me down. I think that once I feel like I've got a handle on things here, I'll feel better prepared for work. I've done a shop today and am determined to stay eating well over the next 2 weeks whilst I'm at home. Home time is always when it's tempting to get picky but as it's just me and I'll still be making lunch for A, hopefully it won't be.

Back