Going from two to three without eating for five!

Sounds like a good plan, Caz. Rest up - fingers crossed you'll be past the sickness soon. Mine lasted for 6 months with DS. :(

Rest up and hope you feel better xx

I haven't done as much as I'd planned to yet but it's been really nice to just have some time and relax. Aaron has been off the last 2 days (yesterday and today) with a sickness bug so I'm wondering if that's what I had on Friday, though they were quite different. He's not too bad today thankfully, feeling OK but told him to stay off just in case. He only managed a slice of toast, think once he gets some food down him today he'll feel back to normal.

It's strange having so much time to myself and not being at work but I really enjoy it. I'm debating getting the sewing machine out for a little project, got no material or anything though!

I was meant to have an appointment with the dietitian today but when I woke up I wondered whether there was really much point going at all. I did a bit of research online and basically they just tell you everything that I already know (need iron and calcium, avoid caffeine etc) and help you come up with a healthy meal plan. I weighed myself this morning and I'm another lb down over the past couple of weeks. I know how to eat healthily, I really don't think there's anything that they can tell me that I don't already know so I decided to cancel. I don't really need teaching what to eat, I need someone here 24/7 making sure that that's all I eat!

I haven't done as much as I'd planned to yet but it's been really nice to just have some time and relax. Aaron has been off the last 2 days (yesterday and today) with a sickness bug so I'm wondering if that's what I had on Friday, though they were quite different. He's not too bad today thankfully, feeling OK but told him to stay off just in case. He only managed a slice of toast, think once he gets some food down him today he'll feel back to normal.

It's strange having so much time to myself and not being at work but I really enjoy it. I'm debating getting the sewing machine out for a little project, got no material or anything though!

I was meant to have an appointment with the dietitian today but when I woke up I wondered whether there was really much point going at all. I did a bit of research online and basically they just tell you everything that I already know (need iron and calcium, avoid caffeine etc) and help you come up with a healthy meal plan. I weighed myself this morning and I'm another lb down over the past couple of weeks. I know how to eat healthily, I really don't think there's anything that they can tell me that I don't already know so I decided to cancel. I don't really need teaching what to eat, I need someone here 24/7 making sure that that's all I eat!

Morning!

. I know how to eat healthily, I really don't think there's anything that they can tell me that I don't already know so I decided to cancel. I don't really need teaching what to eat, I need someone here 24/7 making sure that that's all I eat!

Too true - it's what I need.

Is Spud due after the new maternity rules go into effect?

I didn't realise there were new maternity rules? I'll have to have a look.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I don't know! I can't seem to find anything. Is it about shared leave Mel? Or that dads now get leave for antenatal appointments?

Had another scan today, all is well. She's (that's right, she!) apparently measuring spot on and looks nice and healthy but they'll look at that more at our NHS scan.

She's grown a lot since our last scan. She was doing the X Factor sign across her face most of the time. We don't watch it but she must hear the neighbour watching it VERY loudly at 4am.

ForumRunner_20141130_180603.png

They're so cute, think I need to learn how to knit them!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Morning!

I don't know! I can't seem to find anything. Is it about shared leave Mel? Or that dads now get leave for antenatal appointments? Had another scan today, all is well. She's (that's right, she!) apparently measuring spot on and looks nice and healthy but they'll look at that more at our NHS scan.

Yes, for anyone who gives birth after April 5th (I think) they will have the option of sharing the 50 weeks (I think) of maternity leave. This has been common practice in Germany. The woman who did pedicures in our village owned her own shop - so, her partner (who worked for Deutsche Telecom) took paternity leave instead and looked after their twins for 3 years!!!

Ah I saw about that but hadn't realised that it was a new thing actually. She's due to arrive on the 24th of April, though I'm hoping for the 20th so it is after that. I'll finish work on the 3rd for the Easter holidays and have 2 weeks off that aren't part of my maternity leave, which then starts on the 20th. The week of the 20th is still half term I'm Shropshire so I'm hoping she arrives at the beginning of the week so that it makes it easier for my sister and nieces to visit. If only it was that simple though, I know she'll arrive when she's ready and not a moment before.

I've still got one more week off and to be honest, I'm dressing going back. I've slept better this week than I have in a long time but I'm still so tired, especially by early afternoon that I end up having a lie down for a bit. I can't really do that in class! I still don't know what school are planning for me for after Christmas, which just makes it worse I think.

Fairly busy day today but not too bad. We had a rat issue a couple of weeks ago (dead one under the bath causing flies!) so the pest control guy is back today to check it's all sorted and them some guys are coming tomorrow to fill in the gaps where it managed to get in so I want to have a good tidy up and make sure that the house looks decent. It doesn't really matter for them but I wouldn't want them reporting back anything different. It won't take too long, there's just things to put away. It's getting harder to get through washing so I might do a load and then take it round to the in laws to use their dryer, I really wish we had space for our own. I want to clean the bathroom too, kitchen tomorrow. I'm tempted to hire a cleaner to come and do a clean of the bathroom and kitchen every so often but don't know if that's just silly. I wouldn't have them do any tidying, we do that, just to do a proper clean. Anyway, I'd better get started. Hope you all have a good day whatever you're doing.

Morning Caz,

If you can afford the cleaner for the difficult bits - it might be best.

I hope going back works out okay.

I'm going to have a look into how much it would cost. We really should be able to keep on top of it ourselves though, maybe we just need to make more effort to schedule it in. If we just leave it for whenever we need to do it, it's easy for it not to get done.

Not feeling any better in terms of energy levels, saw the midwife last night and she gave me some advice on things to do that might help. She also wants me to consider more time off but I really don't feel like I can do that, though I know that there's some work that they're saving for me to do if I'm back next week that will add at least 15 extra hours of work on *sigh*

So I need to try and get more iron and vitamin c, she said that might help. Apparently having vitamin c with iron rich foods helps your body absorb the iron more so I might start having a small glass of orange juice with my lunch and dinner. Whilst off I might keep making soup for lunch and putting in veg like leeks and spinach, got my soup maker out today. I forgot how quick and easy it is to use, especially as I had a pack of pre-chopped veg ready to go. Anyone have any tried, tested and recommended soup recipes?

It's so quiet on here these days, I don't like it!

Last edited:
I'm going to have a look into how much it would cost. We really should be able to keep on top of it ourselves though, maybe we just need to make more effort to schedule it in. If we just leave it for whenever we need to do it, it's easy for it not to get done. Not feeling any better in terms of energy levels, saw the midwife last night and she gave me some advice on things to do that might help. She also wants me to consider more time off but I really don't feel like I can do that, though I know that there's some work that they're saving for me to do if I'm back next week that will add at least 15 extra hours of work on *sigh* So I need to try and get more iron and vitamin c, she said that might help. Apparently having vitamin c with iron rich foods helps your body absorb the iron more so I might start having a small glass of orange juice with my lunch and dinner. Whilst off I might keep making soup for lunch and putting in veg like leeks and spinach, got my soup maker out today. I forgot how quick and easy it is to use, especially as I had a pack of pre-chopped veg ready to go. Anyone have any tried, tested and recommended soup recipes? It's so quiet on here these days, I don't like it!

I just google Soup recipes for ones with different ingredients - and adapt them to the Soupmaker.

Back