Going it alone...so my diary and you I hope become my group! :)

Hiya Gemsta,

My mum just got that app and told me to download it as its meant to be great for a small workouts so I'm excited to try it.. you'll have to let me know how you get on with it!!! Well done for the 0.5lb gain, by the looks of my scales I did 1-2lb in those 4 days off work yikess!!! Excited to see you get to 12 stone for holiday though I know you can do it!!!! :D:D:D:D xx

Thanks Paige :) I really am hoping I can manage it! It's become so hard now I feel like I've hovered around the 3 and half stone mark for ages now. Just back from shopping and have brought some different bits and bobs! And I even went to Tesco especially and managed to get the Jaffa Cake Alpen Bars...hope I like them as I got 6 boxes...lol.. some different squash....crab sticks (never had them but thought I'd try them!) NAS Vimto...different options sachets..some different veg and some other bits.

I've looked at the examples on the app itself and they look a little boring but for 7 minutes I'm sure I can put up with it. I will still do Charlotte when I have the energy and more time. Will defo let you know as I say will probably be Saturday morning before I have a go at it :)

Thanks Paige :) I really am hoping I can manage it! It's become so hard now I feel like I've hovered around the 3 and half stone mark for ages now. Just back from shopping and have brought some different bits and bobs! And I even went to Tesco especially and managed to get the Jaffa Cake Alpen Bars...hope I like them as I got 6 boxes...lol.. some different squash....crab sticks (never had them but thought I'd try them!) NAS Vimto...different options sachets..some different veg and some other bits.

I've looked at the examples on the app itself and they look a little boring but for 7 minutes I'm sure I can put up with it. I will still do Charlotte when I have the energy and more time. Will defo let you know as I say will probably be Saturday morning before I have a go at it :)

Hi Gemsta,

I'm the same I'm around the 2stone mark but it will not budge so frustrating!! Omg haha 6 boxes lets hope you like them!! honestly those and the banoffee ones are my new faves!!!! I might have a little go after my bootcamp tonight so will let you know if I do!!! :D x

Lol.. I hope so too, but Tesco is a bit out the way for us now so don't get their very often and reckon they will go off offer soon. I was a little disappointed they didn't have the other flavours. Ok make sure you let me know..you will probably breeze it you sound way fitter than me!...lol

Last edited:
Thursday 9th April - EE

Steps at work last night - 25,018 steps (11.85 miles)

HEA - 3 Aldi Light Triangles
HEB1 - 2 Alpen Bars

Breakfast
Options Choc Orange - 1.5 syns
Made a boo boo... brought tinned grapefruit in natural juice when shopping..forgot all about it not been free..thought I'd save myself the job of peeling fresh ones so 6 syns to be safe
Picked at a few grapes

Lunch
Ham rolled with HEA hard boiled egg with a tin of red salmon on a bed of baby leaf salad, cherry toms, celery, radishes, cucumber and pickled onions
NAS Vimto with Diet Lemonade (TDQ's fault!!..lol..)
salmon and egg salad.jpg
More NAS Vimto with Diet Lemonade
Plum

Alpen Jaffa Bar
Options Choc Mint - 1.5 syns

Dinner
Roast Chicken, Peas Carrots, Broccoli,Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Mash and Gravy - 3 syns
Diet Orangeade

Alpen Jaffa Bar
Banana
Orange

Total Syns -12 syns
Weekly Syns Total = 17.5 out of maximum of 105

Last edited:
OMG! Just had one of those Alpen Light Jaffa Cake bars! It was lovely! Glad I got the 6 boxes now...lol...

Snap! That's the one I brought. I got some of the Robinsons Squeezy NAS ones for hols on Monday at the market half the price of the shops £1 each :) I've got a massive tin of bars..I mostly buy the Aldi ones as I like them, but I just had to try the new ones and if you like Jaffa Cakes you will like these for sure! :)

I love the look of your salad, I must do more of them now the summer is on its way. Not a lover of them but yours looks real good.

I have to say Doreen I have to be in the mood for them! But that one I REALLY enjoyed...the ham with my HEXA spread rolls chopped up were lovely! The tinned salmon has been in the cupboards for ages I was going to use tuna but didn't realise I had none left. I also do a warm bacon and hard boiled egg tossed through salad and that's nice with some fat free vinaigrette, both are great SP meals too, if I'm doing a EE I will add some chopped baby boiled spuds to the bacon and egg one... very nice! :)

Planning on a SP day today! Popping out first to take some bits back the Matalan and exchange, might pop in Morrisons for some more Quark and WW Sausages as Tesco's didn't do them. Then into the town to put the National and Footy bets on as Ray is off canoning tomorrow...yes..canoning not canoeing..lol.. walking/climbing up and down waterfalls on a boys day out. Will update diary with today's entry when back later :)

Food looks good Gemsta! Wish I liked salad because yours looks so good!!! I did the seven exercise last night!! I couldn't believe how quickly it was over, definitely ideal if you don't have a lot of time! Not too sure if its likely to do much but I enjoyed it and will definitely be using it again!!! Wow cannoning sounds fun, never hear dof that before but sounds fun!!

Just read all your diary. It's inspiring. Congrats on your weight loss.

Food looks good Gemsta! Wish I liked salad because yours looks so good!!! I did the seven exercise last night!! I couldn't believe how quickly it was over, definitely ideal if you don't have a lot of time! Not too sure if its likely to do much but I enjoyed it and will definitely be using it again!!! Wow cannoning sounds fun, never hear dof that before but sounds fun!!

Thanks Paige :) I'm planning on taking more pics of my food from now on as I think it helps others out too with ideas etc, didn't manage to get one of tea last night, but that was lovely and I think I finally nailed the portion size!..lol.. I'm still yet to do the new app exercise thing, plan on it tomorrow when I'm on my own. Ray should have done the canoning in January but when they got there they said it was off because they'd had snow so got given white rafting for free for that day, they even slid down the snowy hills on the raft and had a great time :)

Just read all your diary. It's inspiring. Congrats on your weight loss.

Thanks Chinababe! I still have a way to go still, but I will get there sooner or later...it's turning into quite a journey I have to say and I could not do it without the lovely people here on Minis :)

Friday 10th April - EESP

HEA - 3 Light Cheese Triangles
HEB1 - 2 slices of wholemeal bread from 400g loaf
HEB2 - 2 Alpen Light Jaffa Bars

Breakfast
Plum

Lunch
4 Bacon medallions, microwave pot of Baked Beans, 2 Frylight fried eggs, 3 x WW Sausages (1.5 syns) mushrooms, chopped tomatoes and HEB1 (2 toast)
NAS Vimto and diet lemonade
sp brekkieorlunch.jpg

Leftover
orange for dinners pudding
Apple

Dinner
Cajun Chicken Omelet made with red onion and mushroom served with baby leaf salad, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, celery,red onion and spring onion and ham & HEA cheese rollups
spomelethamrollupssalad.jpg
(Excuse the lighting on the pic)
Jaffa Cheesecake - 1 syn

1 Alpen Bar (other remaining half of HEB2)

Total Syns -5.5 syns
Weekly Syns Total = 23 out of maximum of 105

Last edited:
I've been tatting in the kitchen and have created a few dishes. Most of these are just slightly different takes on stuff that's out there and I've done before but here's the first one...inspired by my new found love of Alpen Light Jaffa Bars!..lol..

jaffa cheesecake.jpg

Back