Going it alone...so my diary and you I hope become my group! :)

Just caught up on your diary! Food is looking amazing... The Jaffa cheesecakes look immense! Still haven't tried those alpen bars or the banoffee ones!

Thanks Paige...Ray said I shouldn't of put the pic on cos the eggs look 'over done' but I don't like egg snot..lol.. (when the eggs white don't cook through) so I have to flip them over to make sure it does!...lol... Looking forward to at least one of them later! Am cooking a Summer Fruits 1/2 Syn Roulade at the mo...smelling amazing!!

Hey JB!! Thanks very much chick! Check out a Tesco if you can! You HAVE to try the Jaffa cake one!! Also I sorted IG out...don't know how to find people on it though?...lol.. I'm gemsta1977 on there if you know how too! :)

Just had one of the Jaffa Cheesecakes! It was delicious! I will defo do again, but will squish the bar next time was too tough after the chill in the fridge to get the spoon through...lol.. was still amazing though!

Happy with this one too :) Great ''filler upper'' for a SP day...have for breakfast and puddings/desserts and the whole entire roulade is just 1/2 a syn!!!

sfswroulade.jpg

You might see the odd repeat then Paige...lol.. ;)

I have half pack frozen fruit which I could thaw out. Do you reckon you could guesstimate how much you used? I would like to try that, I only need the quark.

I use frozen fruit mostly all the time too...I did top what I used up with some fresh raspberries and blackberries I had to use in the fridge, but I guess about 70-80g worth of fruit :)

Saturday 11th April - EE (1st of 2 EE days this week I hope)

HEA - 250ml milk
HEB - 2 Weetabix

Breakfast
Weetabix made with milk with chopped banana & raspberries
Melon, raspberries & kiwi
Options Choc Orange - 1.5 syns
breakfast110415.jpg

Small bowl of Homemade Carrot,Tomato & Coriander Soup (I had to try it! :p ...recipe below!)
soup3.jpg

Banana

Lunch
More Homemade Carrot,Tomato & Coriander Soup
Jacket Potato with leftover mince bolagnese and salad (2 syns on LTLM)
jpbolandsalad.jpg
NAS Vimto & Diet Lemonade
1/2 syn Summer Fruits Roulade

Banana
More Homemade Carrot,Tomato & Coriander Soup

Dinner
SW Kebab Meat, SW Chips, Salad and Coleslaw (2 syns for LTLM) 1/2 syn for 3 tbsp Encona Hot Pepper Sauce
NAS Vimto & Diet Lemonade
Jaffa Cheesecake - 4 syns (for Options and Alpen Jaffa Bar)
Banana
Space Raiders - 3 syns

Total Syns -13.5 syns
Weekly Syns Total = 36.5 out of maximum of 105

Last edited:
Let me know if you enjoy them!

I use frozen fruit mostly all the time too...I did top what I used up with some fresh raspberries and blackberries I had to use in the fridge, but I guess about 70-80g worth of fruit :)

Thank you. Have to pop & get some bits so will get quark this morning. May as well get a bit more fruit too.

I only really like Quark in pudding things, but usually get 2-3 tubs at a time myself it generally has a very good date on it of around a month or more (depending on how long it's been on the shelf already of course) I really hope you like it, the 'sponge' does tend to be quite moist and don't panic if it rises a lot during cooking...soon sinks back down when out and cooling and when you think you can snack on the entire thing for 1/2 a syn well worth the bit of effort :)

I'm making a carrot, tomato and coriander soup at the moment..if it's any good I'll share that later too :)

Mmmm never had carrot TOMATO and coriander. Interesting

My favourites at the mo are Butternut squash & red pepper or BNS & carrot. I make them in the slow cooker.

Should be doing one now, must after my little shop.

Well, I just had a bowl of the soup I made (yes, just after 9 on a Saturday morning..lol..)and I have to say it was nice! I liked the undertone of the coriander in it. I will post the recipe shortly once I've made the image :)

Here's the recipe image :)
carrot,tomato&coriandersoup.jpg

Last edited:
I'll be glad to go to bed tonight! Was up before 6 this morning and Ray has only just come home. I've done loads of housework, but I've eaten loads today and feel incredibly guilty now. I think I've eaten more out of boredom than for being physically hungry. I have been good with what I've eaten and I'm still under syns for the day, but feel like I've been a 'piggy', hope I've not screwed up this week now. Ding another EE day tomorrow then back onto EESP for Monday and Tuesday.

Aww Gemsta just think about the things you may have eaten before you started slimming world!! Well done for staying in your syns that fabulous!! I know how yoh mean about being a pig, sometimes I have food for the sake of it and feel the same but you seem to be doing so well you should be proud!!! xx

Read about my journey here - http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/351130-time-get-skinny-again.html

Start Weight - 11st 2.5lb
Current Weight - 9st 3
Goal Weight - 8st 7lb

Thanks Paige...You know...I hadn't thought about it like that. Thanks for the :asskick:..lol.. Your right, before I'd have probably had loads of buttered toast, crisps, biscuits and chocolate. I think it is true what people say... I seem to feel hungrier when I do EE days now than the SP days. I hope I get a loss this week, I'm determined to stay on plan this week. 34 days to get under 12 stone!

Back