Going it alone...so my diary and you I hope become my group! :)

I'm glad that's made you feel better!! I keep meaning to try an SP day but haven't yet got around to it!! Is it hard to find stuff that fit in and does it actually increase weight loss?? Aww I've got my fingers crossed for you!! :) xx

Read about my journey here - http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/351130-time-get-skinny-again.html

Start Weight - 11st 2.5lb
Current Weight - 9st 3
Goal Weight - 8st 7lb

Just found you on insta :)

I'm glad that's made you feel better!! I keep meaning to try an SP day but haven't yet got around to it!! Is it hard to find stuff that fit in and does it actually increase weight loss?? Aww I've got my fingers crossed for you!! :) xx

Read about my journey here - http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/351130-time-get-skinny-again.html

Current Weight - 9st 3
Goal Weight - 8st 7lb

SP is ok once you get your head around the fact that anything fruit and veg wise that does not have the 'S' next to it is off limits on top of that, your favourite yoghurt is also a no go on SP...lol... I only really struggle for evening meals after a few days as I like my carbs, but with a bit of planning it can be done if you can face a curry with a pile of veg instead of rice or have a dinner with no spuds then you should be fine (I know you don't like salad and that's my first port of call usually on a SP day...lol..) You also get the extra HEXB so that does help.

I managed 4-5 days worth several weeks ago and lost 5.5lb that week so I'm hoping I get similar results again! :)

Hmm see even reading that I think I might struggle :/! Omg 5.5lbs lost that's so good, 2 of them and il be at target haha!! I might have to have a little look into it and see if I can manage a few days!! Xx

Current Weight - 9st 3
Goal Weight - 8st 7lb

Sunday 12th April - EE

Busy day! Up early to the carboot for a wonder and walk around. No bargains this week though..lol... Came home did some housework then Ray went and picked his Dad up from his brothers (He's over due to Ray's uncle been poorly) cooked us a lovely dinner. Have friends coming over tonight with their sons so am cooking all the leftover frozen crimbo stuff for them all, but I'm being good and doing cajun chicken,cous cous and salad! Going to treat myself to a can of cider! Also have my HEXs still so am keeping them for later for some cereal maybe or hot milk drink and alpen bars

HEA -
HEB -

Breakfast
Options Choc Orange - 1.5 syns
2 x Bananas

Lunch
Roast Beef, SW Yorkies (2 syns), Roast Potatoes, Roast Sweet Potatoes, Boiled Potatoes,Carrots, Green Beans, Cauliflower and Broccoli
Gravy - 3 syns
NAS Vimto and Diet Lemonade
Melon, Grapes and FF Coconut & Vanilla Yoghurt

Dinner
DISASTER! Cooker broke, got very fed up had a drink and picked at crap Ray went and got from the shops.

Total Syns - 6.5 syns
Weekly Syns Total = 36.5 out of maximum of 105

Last edited:
Hmm see even reading that I think I might struggle :/! Omg 5.5lbs lost that's so good, 2 of them and il be at target haha!! I might have to have a little look into it and see if I can manage a few days!! Xx

Current Weight - 9st 3
Goal Weight - 8st 7lb

It can be done, it's not my preference but if you have a look around at some of mine and other people's SP diaries perhaps you could compile enough ideas for you for 4-5 days then it's worth a go! You can still have Quark/Cottage Cheese (if you like it) just not normal yoghurts. The extra B comes in useful as I sometimes use it for a 'b' choice soup.

:mad: Crap! I think my oven just broke!!!!! Aggghhhhhhhhhhhh! Not only does that balls tonight up! What am I gonna do until it can be fixed! :cry:

Oh noo Gemsta hope you get it sorted soon hun!!! xx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

That's rubbish, hope it is just a fuse or something. What are SW Yorkshire puddings?

1 syn Yorkshire Puddings

Makes 10

56g plain flour (10 syns)
50ml milk
35ml water
1 egg
Salt and pepper

Sift flour and make a dip/well with back of spoon add egg and whisk gently whilst adding water and milk and season to taste.
Place 10 cake cases in a Yorkshire pud tin and spray with fry light
Place in a pre-heated oven on 220 for 20 mins approx.

Milk would have to come from allowance or synned - but 5ml per Yorkshire wouldn't amount to much.

They are not as good as Mom used to make, but as good as any shop brought ones!

Oh noo Gemsta hope you get it sorted soon hun!!! xx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

So do I Paige. Have ordered a new element so should be here in a day or two. Going to make the next few days tricky though...lol...

Gemsta your constant positivity is so inspirational.

Loving your recipes, I'm definitely going to try the Jaffa cheesecake and the roulade :)

So what started out as a good start yesterday ended very badly!....AGAIN. Why do I do it??? So after a Bottle of Bulmers at 16 syns alone and other rubbish/junk food I'm AGAIN back on it today for the next 2 days see if I can undo any harm done. I've managed to stay of the scales as if I get on and it shows a gain or a STS even with 2 days to go I know I'll give in again this week.

So after the negative, the positives.... I've ordered the new element for the cooker and will hopefully be able to manage the next few days with hob and grill. I got up this morning the sun was shining and I thought right..dig the trainers out and go for a run! And I did! Now I did stop a few times to a quick walk (too many :smoke: ...lol..) but I still did just under a mile! I'm so proud of myself! I don't think I've ever managed that, I remember running 50 meters would leave me exhausted! Fingers crossed if I can manage this when I get from work the next couple of mornings and be good there is still some hope for me...going to keep syns at a bare minimum for the next 2 days as well.

Monday 13th April - EESP

HEA - 250ml milk
HEB1 - 35ml Shreddies
HEB2 - 2 Alpen Bars

Breakfast
Shreddies with milk and strawberries with a side plate of melon

Lunch
Was catching a few hours sleep for work tonight
Diet Orangeade

Dinner

SW Kebab Meat leftover and baby leaf salad, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, celery, homemade 'slaw (1 syn)
Was catching a few hours sleep for work tonight
Diet Orangeade

For work tonight
NAS Squash
2 Alpen Bars
Apple

Last edited:
Gemsta your constant positivity is so inspirational.

Loving your recipes, I'm definitely going to try the Jaffa cheesecake and the roulade :)

I don't feel at all positive a lot of the time Clair, it's the people here that are the inspiration that pick me up after the stumbles..lol..

I hope you enjoy them. They are just recipes other have done tbh and I've just made different a few alterations :)

Hun you should be positive! You are doing brilliantly and helping a lot of other people through Mini's at the same time. I hope you are feeling very proud of yourself because you deserve to be!

We are none of us perfect and I don't think any of us could hand on heart say we don't have slip ups/bad days. It's the long term game that matters x

Thanks chick..that really means a lot to me :)

Your right of course, it is a journey after all, full of ups and downs.. looking forward to a couple of more ups soon though :)

Tuesday 14th April - EESP

Steps at work - 25,213 steps (11.94 miles)

HEA - 3 Aldi Light Cheese Triangles
HEB1 - 3 Ryvita Cracked Black Pepper
HEB2 - 2 Alpen Bars

Breakfast
Bacon, Eggs x 2, Baked Beans WW Sausages (2 syns) grilled fresh tomatoes & Mushrooms
eespbigfryup.jpg

Lunch
Sleeping probably... took a glass of NAS Vimto with diet lemonade and 3 x Plums up and ate them watching a DVD until felt sleepy
more NAS Vimto with diet lemonade when I woke up.

Dinner
3 Aldi Light Cheese Triangles with 3 Ryvita Cracked Black Pepper baby leaf salad, cherry toms, celery, red pepper, cucumber hard boiled eggs and salmon
salmon and egg salad.jpg
NAS Vimto with diet lemonade

For work tonight
NAS Squash
Apple
2 Alpen Bars

Total Syns - 3.5 (cos of mini blow out Sunday!)

Last edited:
Omg Gemsta well done on the run that's definitely something to be proud of!! I always find the first time I run after not running for ages the hardest so just think it will be easier each time (that's what I'm hoping for myself anyway) I definitely agree with Flash Harry your mood and motivation is always so positive!! Your food again looks delicious today wish I'd stop looking on here before eating lunch lol!! xx

Thanks Paige! :) I was planning on walking home this morning, but was late getting out of work and tired after a busy night so decided against it. My shins started to ache (feel tight) last night at work when I was bending down and feel the same now still. Hopefully if the weather is ok tomorrow and I get out on time I will walk then as it's weigh in day! Every little helps as they say ;)

Back