Going it alone...so my diary and you I hope become my group! :)

Thanks Paige! I'm laughing my head off at him, he's spent longer trying to get the foam on the handle bars than he has going to Argos to get it, coming home and putting half the bike together! :giggle:

Last edited:
Just burnt 100 calories on the bike. Not much but am trying to cook tea at the same time..lol.. I can feel it already! I think if I just jump on and do that even just 5 times a day that will be 500 calories a day I burn and has got to help some don't ya think?

I'm glad you are feeling better today :) Any exercise is worth it! Do what works for you :) I use my bike whilst watching TV, makes it feel a bit less arduous :D

Lol... that's what I wanted it for. Makes the time go quicker too :)

For any one interested in the SW Fish & Chips I did tonight, here's the recipe.

I used frozen cod fillets that I defrosted. To make the 'fake batter'.
I had 5 fillets and used 3 eggs, but I think 1 egg would coat 2 fillets.

Separate the egg whites and yolks into 2 separate dishes. Whisk the whites until they form soft peaks, then whisk the yolks add salt and pepper and some herbs or spices of your choice to your taste (I used Parsley, but you could use Chilli flakes, Cajun or whatever you fancied)
Then spoon the yolks into the whites and give the 2 a quick whisk. Add some greaseproof paper to a baking tray and spray with a bit of Frylight. I then added the fillet 1 at a time and dip and turn in the mixture then place on the tray. Share the remaining mixture by spooning over the fillets and put in the oven for about 15-20 minutes until the fish is cooked and the 'batter' is a good golden brown colour. Temp wise would be what you do your SW chips on normally at about 180.

Look at your already using the bike that's great!! Like you said even going on it for 10-20 minutes a few times a day is going to burn calories! Your dinner looked lovely, it's meals like that that sometimes make you wonder how we're on a diet doesn't it!!! xx

Read about my journey here - http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/351130-time-get-skinny-again.html

Start Weight - 11st 2.5lb
Current Weight - 9st 1lb
Goal Weight - 8st 7lb

xxx

Another 100 calories so far today on the bike! Had to buy myself a new laptop today, my other one has given up the ghost so to speak...lol..

Saturday 18th April - EE

HEA -
HEB
- 2 Alpen Jaffa Bars

Breakfast
Options Choc Orange - 1.5 syns
Banana

Apple

Lunch
Tomato, Carrot & Coriander soup to pick at :) all free (tinned toms, baked beans, tinned carrots, coriander, oxo cubes and seasoning)
NAS Vimto and diet lemonade

Raw Carrot and a plum
2 x Space Raiders - 6 syns

Dinner
Steak, Salad, Slaw and Jacket Potato

Total Syns - 7.5 syns
Weekly syns - 18.5 out of max.90 (Took 15 off as was off plan Thursday)

Last edited:
Another 200 calories on the bike, so 300 so far today. Ray's been doing some DIY today, clearing out the guttering and re-painting the fascia, so although he's been here I've not seen much of him other than taking him the odd drink. I've been picky, but so far have stayed away from the crap. I've ate all the soup I made, it's soooo yummy I can't leave it be!..lol.. I've started tea now to try and stop me picking any further!

Well here I go again. Drawing yet another line under yesterday _________________________________________________ I'm not sure what's wrong with me, if it's boredom with the diet or generally, desperately awaiting * week (the longer I wait the more I know it will effect holiday) or what, but yesterday i did it again and sabotaged myself. I'm ashamed to have to admit it....again, but I feel I have to, what's the point of my diary here it I do it and then don't admit to it. So I had 2 packets of crisps last night and rather large bar of Galaxy. I really need to sort myself out now. So we're having breakfast and then we're getting out for a walk up the Wrekin. Pics to follow!

Will add food diary later today :)

Aww Gemsta don't feel bad on yourself the main thing is that you've drawn a line under it and can move on!! I did exactly the same last night but we all slip up every now and again (or for us a every few days haha) enjoy your dog walk and just be good today!!! :) xx

Read about my journey here - http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/351130-time-get-skinny-again.html

Start Weight - 11st 2.5lb
Current Weight - 9st 1lb
Goal Weight - 8st 7lb

Well here I go again. Drawing yet another line under yesterday _________________________________________________ I'm not sure what's wrong with me, if it's boredom with the diet or generally, desperately awaiting * week (the longer I wait the more I know it will effect holiday) or what, but yesterday i did it again and sabotaged myself. I'm ashamed to have to admit it....again, but I feel I have to, what's the point of my diary here it I do it and then don't admit to it. So I had 2 packets of crisps last night and rather large bar of Galaxy. I really need to sort myself out now. So we're having breakfast and then we're getting out for a walk up the Wrekin. Pics to follow!

Will add food diary later today :)

It could have been much worse! You didn't go into full on binge mode... just take it one meal at a time if you're struggling x

Thanks Paige & Em, I'm hoping it's just a blip (or few) as it seems..lol...

Well I did it..managed the Wrekin on my first attempt!! Very pleased with myself for that.
walk1.jpgwalk2.jpgwalk3.jpgwalk4.jpgwalk5.jpgwalk6.jpgwalk7.jpgwalk8.jpgwalk9.jpg

8913 steps (up hill all the way!) 4.22 miles

Last edited:
Sunday 19th April - EE

HEA - 250ml milk
HEB - 35g Porridge Oats

Breakfast
Porridge oats made with milk and a chopped banana

Plum & apple after a walk up the Wrekin

Lunch
WW Sausages (1.5 syns) Bacon, Beans, 2 x Frylight fried eggs, Tomatoes, Mushrooms
NAS Vimto & Diet Lemonade

Dinner
Slow Roast Chicken, Roast & Boiled potatoes, Kale, Broccoli and Carrots with Gravy - 3 syns
NAS Vimto & Diet Lemonade

Quark with Summer & Black Forest fruits a apple and plum
Options sachet - 2 syns

Total Syns - 9.5 syns
Weekly syns - 28 out of max.90 (Took 15 off as was off plan Thursday, will keep at minimum rest of week to try cover as best as possible for Sat night blip)

Last edited:
Well done you!!! Line drawn and moving on xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Well done for walking up the Wrekin :) And your food today looks yummy! I wouldn't worry about yesterday. It is only one day, and what is life without a bit of what is naughty :) I know if I didn't have odd days where I go over my syns, I would be more likely to end up going on a proper binge, and be in danger of not getting back on the SW wagon. They aren't always planned, but I then get back on it the next day, most of the time ;)

Hi
Hope you don't mind me following, just made your 'Secret' roast potatoes , very tasty, o/h even commented that they looked nearly as good as his 'proper' goose fat ones!

Thanks for sharing, think you will have used up any extra calories from the chocolate on your walk!
Well done

Cheryl
Trying Slimming World
I will be the tortoise -slowly but surely!

Thanks Elanor... It know exactly what you mean...I just seem to be doing it more of late. Still...it's all part of the journey I guess.

Welcome Cheryl. always happy to see new peeps here. glad you enjoyed the roasters and more importantly your o/h did too...lol.. It's important they like the food too when we drag them along on this journey of ours...lol..

Thanks Elanor... It know exactly what you mean...I just seem to be doing it more of late. Still...it's all part of the journey I guess.

Yep, I think it is part of the journey. We all go through phases where we find it a bit more difficult to stay on track. For me Feb and March were tricky, felt like giving up at one point, but somehow I got through it. This place helped loads.

I think cos my weight is slowing down now I am getting a bit frustrated with it all and I think the fact going away soon is on my mind. I've sorted out Wi-fi for while we're away and plan on being fairly good so I'll be boring everyone here on my thread senseless with it and stopping by everyone else's to support :)

Back