Going it alone...so my diary and you I hope become my group! :)

That's understandable :) I'm sure no-will mind if you bore us :) having the wi-fi is good, at least with being able to access the forum you can chat and get support.

Aww Gemsta don't worry about your little slip. Your bike exercise and walk will help to counteract it, and as slimmerem said at least it wasn't an all out binge!

As you said it's all part of the journey, the ups and downs. Right now I'm on an 'up', but most of March was a huge struggle and my losses slowed right down. I don't know why, but I really wasn't feeling it. You'll be on the up again soon :)

It's the long term game that matters, and the overall direction is down, so you are still winning :)

have a great day today :)

Thanks girls...what would I do without you all :)

I've not long got up and * week has arrived finally. Hoping that next months won't intrude too much on hols now. I don't ache at all today! I thought I would after yesterday so that has to be a good thing :)

Monday 20th April - EE

HEA - 28g Cheddar
HEB - 2 Alpen Jaffa Bars

Breakfast
Options Choc Orange - 1.5 syns
Melon slices & Strawberries, raspberries, kiwi with FF coconut & Vanilla yoghurt

Lunch
May well be sleeping before work tonight
NAS Vimto and diet lemonade

Dinner
Spag Bol - spaghetti with 5% mince, mushrooms, onions, passatta and peppers

Tonight at work
NAS Squash
2 Alpen Bars
Apple
Space Raiders - 3 syns

Total Syns - 4.5 syns
Weekly syns - 32.5 out of max.90 (Took 15 off as was off plan Thursday, will keep at minimum rest of week to try cover as best as possible for Sat night blip)

Last edited:
Thanks Paige :)

Another 300 calories burnt on the bike today. Tea almost done and then chill for a couple of hours before work :)

Your food is yummy today! I love a good spag bol :) I need to try the alpen jaffa bars. They haven't had them in Sainsbury's, and I haven't made it to Asda yet. Are they any good?

Yeah..I enjoyed it tonight. Feeling a bit lousy now though. Not sure why...I want to have a bath and curl up in bed with a dvd, but have work tonight. Hoping I perk up a bit otherwise it's going to be a long shift tonight..lol.. The jaffa ones are lovely! If you like jaffa cakes you will love these! I had to go to tesco for mine :)

I think cos my weight is slowing down now I am getting a bit frustrated with it all and I think the fact going away soon is on my mind. I've sorted out Wi-fi for while we're away and plan on being fairly good so I'll be boring everyone here on my thread senseless with it and stopping by everyone else's to support :)

Gemsta, I can soooo relate to this! Since Easter my losses (and gains lol) have been up and down constantly between 10st and 10st 5lb with no losses that have been significant or maintained!!! So frustrating!

I'm trying to up my exercise this week and you talking about your new bike inspired me drag ours in from the conservatory (it was literally covered in cobwebs!!)! I did about 20-30 mins on that whilst watching some biggest loser and then did a 10 main abs workout! Hoping that'll account for around 200cals?!

But anyway, thanks for the inspiration!!!

OOoo, Tesco is nearer than Asda! I will try there first. I love jaffa cakes! Haven't had one since before SW, so approaching a year! I just know that if I get a pack then they will all be gone in one sitting!

Aww Gemsta hope your feeling better soon and enjoy your shift!!! Well done on all the exercise!! I went to get more Alpen bars from work (Tesco) but there not on offer anymore and are £1.99 a box!!! And there the only place I can find them so I wish I'd copied you and brought 6 boohoo!! xx

Read about my journey here - http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/351130-time-get-skinny-again.html

Start Weight - 11st 2.5lb
Current Weight - 9st 1lb
Goal Weight - 8st 7lb

Gemsta, I can soooo relate to this! Since Easter my losses (and gains lol) have been up and down constantly between 10st and 10st 5lb with no losses that have been significant or maintained!!! So frustrating!

I'm trying to up my exercise this week and you talking about your new bike inspired me drag ours in from the conservatory (it was literally covered in cobwebs!!)! I did about 20-30 mins on that whilst watching some biggest loser and then did a 10 main abs workout! Hoping that'll account for around 200cals?!

But anyway, thanks for the inspiration!!!

Sucks don' it! We will get there...its just going to take a while...lol.. I can burn 100 calories in about 10 minutes, so depending on your pace you may have done 200-300 calories on the bike alone. I ride whilst watching TV too..makes it go quicker ;) Happy to have inspired you some chickadee :)

OOoo, Tesco is nearer than Asda! I will try there first. I love jaffa cakes! Haven't had one since before SW, so approaching a year! I just know that if I get a pack then they will all be gone in one sitting!

They are a bit moreish, but I find my 2 do tie me over. As Paige mentioned below your comment they are not on offer anymore, they were 3 for £3 and I brought 6 boxes..lol... But I bet sooner or later they come on offer again. The Lemon drizzle and Cherry Bakewell are nice too... I picked them up from B&M if you have one of them near you too?

Aww Gemsta hope your feeling better soon and enjoy your shift!!! Well done on all the exercise!! I went to get more Alpen bars from work (Tesco) but there not on offer anymore and are £1.99 a box!!! And there the only place I can find them so I wish I'd copied you and brought 6 boohoo!! xx

Hiya Paige.... feeling still quite rough.. luckily my shifts do go quite quick once there off to bed with some more tablets in a bit hoping to sleep it off a bit. I kinda wish I'd brought some more now...lol.. But they will come back on offer sooner or later and hopefully some other places might get them in soon too cos I still need to try the banoffee one!!...lol.. :)

Will update my diary later on after getting some sleep :)

Aww I'm hope your feeling better soon! Looking forward to seeing your diary later!! See I usually get them from pound world/pound land but recently they've only had the fruit/raisin ones which are okay but not the best!! Omg the banoffee is probably my favourite Gemsta!! Hopefully we'll find them soon hehe!!

Read about my journey here - http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/351130-time-get-skinny-again.html

Start Weight - 11st 2.5lb
Current Weight - 9st 1lb
Goal Weight - 8st 7lb

Last edited:
Hi Gemsta. Hope you rest well. I have been a bit lax getting around the diaries recently. Couple of family problems.
Not been the best this week but hope I have done enough for Friday.

I have got some frozen fish now and will be trying your fish and chips very soon. Thanks for putting the recipe on.

Hi Gemsta. Hope you rest well. I have been a bit lax getting around the diaries recently. Couple of family problems.
Not been the best this week but hope I have done enough for Friday.

I have got some frozen fish now and will be trying your fish and chips very soon. Thanks for putting the recipe on.

Hope things are settling down a bit now for you Doreen :) Fingers crossed for you for Friday. WI for me tomorrow...not sure if I've lost or now, will be happy enough with a STS after the blips this week tbh! :) Hope you enjoy the fish! :)

Tuesday 21st April - EE

Steps at work last night - 21,887 (10.36 miles)

HEA - 250ml milk
HEB - 2 slices of a 400g Wholemeal loaf

Breakfast
2 slices of a 400g Wholemeal loaf with 2 poached eggs and beans
Options Choc Orange - 1.5 syns
poachedeggsbeanstoast.jpg

Hot Chocolate made with milk - 3 syns

Lunch
Was sleeping....
NAS Vimto with diet lemonade

Dinner
Sticky Chicken (4 syns) with salad and SW chips

For work tonight
NAS Squash
Apple & Plum
Space Raiders - 3 syns
Alpen Bar -3.5 syns

Total Syns - 14 syns
Weekly syns - 47.5 syns out of max.90 (Took 15 off as was off plan Thursday, will keep at minimum rest of week to try cover as best as possible for Sat night blip)

Last edited:
Back