Going it alone...so my diary and you I hope become my group! :)

Morning gorgeous!

I think setting yourself mini goals is brilliant and look all look super achievable! The best news? I'LL BE HERE ALL THE WAY as you're own personal cheering squad! haha :greenapple:

You need to get yourself a post -it and put it on the inside of the door so when you go to leave for work you'll see it and remember to go back and get your food! lol Bless you twice in a row! Well - well done you for not getting something from the vending machine, I think we all might not of been so good :p

SWEET DREAMS SCHNOOKUMS! xxx

Wednesday 13th January - EE

HEXa - 25oml milk
HEXb - 2 Benefit Bars

Breakfast
2 x Quorn Sausages (2 syns) 2 x Waffles (5 syns) 2 fresh tomatoes halved, 6 bacon medallions all grilled served with 2 eggs, mushrooms with 2/3 a tin of beans
Large mug of coffee

Hot Chocolate Options made with HEXa milk and with squirty cream and marshmallows (5 syns)

Lunch
Was asleep... Diet Orangeade when I got up

Dinner
Lamb Chops (fat removed) Roast & Mashed Potatoes, Black Kale, Carrots, White Cabbage with leek and Gravy (2 syns)
Diet Orangeade

For work
Pasta Salad - Ham, fussili pasta, red onions, spring onions, courgette, red and green pepper and mushrooms (I will remember it tonight!!!!)
Apple & Pear
2 Benefit Bars
NAS Squash

Syns
2 x Waffles = 5 syns
2 x Quorn Sausages = 2 syns
Options Hot Chocolate = 2 syns
Squirty Cream = 2 syns
Mini Marshmallows = 1 syn
Gravy = 2 syns
= 14 syns
35 from max. of 105

Morning my lovelies! Well I'm feeling considerably fresh this morning...I got in from the last night shift of the week with a major rumbling belly and freezing cold. I resisted what has become my stumbling point in my week and avoided pouring a massive bowl of shreddies followed by the inevitable any other rubbish I can lay my mitts on. But today I am proud of myself. I ignored the hunger twinges and instead had a hot soak. I'm now in clean PJs (best feeling ever ;)) and have enjoyed a on plan breakfast! :D

Not sure what lunch will be yet, but I am planning a Chinese banquet of sorts for me and Ray tonight. I can't wait :p I've had a bit of an idea about trying to do some Crispy Chilli Beef (hope it works)...along with Chicken Fried Rice...a few SW chips...some Mayflower curry sauce to dip chippies in ;) and some stir fried veggies! Ooohh I'm so excited!...How sad am I..lol.. Pics later I reckon if it's a success :)

Thursday 14th January - EE

HEXa - 250ml milk
HEXb - 35g Shreddies

Breakfast
HEXb with some from HEXa followed by apple, pear and nectarine and a Key Lime Pie Muller Light (First time I have had this and I really liked it..I might syn a little chocolate vermicelli in it next time!)
2 Mugs of coffee

Coffee (Yes...lots today..trying to stay awake after work last night so I sleep tonight :))

Lunch
Mackerel, Prawn & Egg Salad - Shredded Iceberg Lettuce, tomato, cucumber, pickled onions, celery, radishes, mackerel in tomato sauce, prawns & hard boiled egg with fat free dressing
Diet Orangeade

Coffee and a Curly Wurly (6 syns)

Dinner
Chinese Banquet! :p featuring Chicken Fried Rice, Crispy Chilli Beef, SW Chips, Stir Fried Veggies, Crispy 'Fake' Seaweed and Chinese Curry Sauce! (Will include recipes a few posts down!)

Syns
6 syns
41 out of max.105 for week so far.

Last edited:
OMG ALL THE CAPS!
Super excited for piccies - even if it's not a success which I'm sure it will be! It sounds bloomin' amazing already! Chinese is my absolute fav so will be looking out for this later!

Also - wanted to say it's not sad getting excited over food! I get excited too! haha :) x

Well done for resisting your naughty urges ;) I know how tough that is when you've had a long day and just want some comfort and indulgence. But you always regret it after!

I absolutely love clean PJs - and clean bedding. My absolute fave. Just so happens to be that today is clean bedding day and clean pjs :)

Absolutely agree with the lovely Lucie - i get excited over food too. You calling us both sad :eek::p

Looking forward to pics later, though ill be craving Chinese afterwards!

OMG ALL THE CAPS!
Super excited for piccies - even if it's not a success which I'm sure it will be! It sounds bloomin' amazing already! Chinese is my absolute fav so will be looking out for this later!

Also - wanted to say it's not sad getting excited over food! I get excited too! haha :) x

Pics to follow on next post. Sorry, just so used to apologising for getting excited about food to my friends it comes naturally..lol..

Well done for resisting your naughty urges ;) I know how tough that is when you've had a long day and just want some comfort and indulgence. But you always regret it after!

I absolutely love clean PJs - and clean bedding. My absolute fave. Just so happens to be that today is clean bedding day and clean pjs :)

Absolutely agree with the lovely Lucie - i get excited over food too. You calling us both sad :eek::p

Looking forward to pics later, though ill be craving Chinese afterwards!

I hate the guilt thing you get after a binge...lol...

I am a absolute bugger for PJs I had 4 new pairs for Christmas..lol.. I do have clean everyday, but there is just something about a bath and clean PJs isn't there, oh and I totally agree about fresh bedding as well...heaven! :)

Oh yum.... Seaweed too *drools*

It was fab! I just used some Black Kale I had in the fridge. I cut out the thicker part of the stalk and sliced thinly. Fried it with some Frylight and salted it a little to give it the 'salty' taste, then tipped onto a oven tray and put in oven for about 10-15 mins until it was crispy enough then left it to cool while everything else cooked :)

Mmmmm... I'd never had it until a few years ago when we were staying with family and they ordered it. Does not taste of a great deal tbh, just tastes salty really but I felt 'naughty' having it as I know it deep fried normally but this was syn free :)

Below will follow the recipes for last nights Chinese feast! This was for 2 of us.

Chicken Fried Rice
You will need-:
- 1 cup of rice, cooked and allowed to cool
- Frylight
- 1 chicken breast or equivalent, chopped to small bitesize pieces
- good handful of frozen peas
- soy sauce
- 2 eggs, whisked

Spray Frylight into a wok, add chicken and allow to cook for a few mins. Then throw in your frozen peas and continue to cook stirring regularly until the chicken is cooked. Transfer from wok once cooked to a bowl until you are ready to continue your fried rice.
When you are ready heat the pan again adding some Frylight and add your whisked eggs. Mix until they turn into sloppy scrambled egg and then add your cold rice stirring thoroughly to mix the egg well through the rice once you are reasonably happy this is done re-add your chicken and peas and mix some more (you can always add another egg if it does not seem as though there is enough) just before serving add a good splash of soy and mix this gives the fried rice the darker colour :)

Crispy Chill Beef
You will need -:
- A piece of steak and cut it into thin strips or similar
- Frylight
- 2 tbsp of cornflour (2syns)
- 1 tsp of chilli powder
- 1 tsp of ginger or some fresh or Lazy Ginger if you prefer
- 1 fresh chilli, finely chopped
- soy sauce
- bunch of spring onions, top and tailed, cut in half then quarter length ways

On to a plate sprinkle your cornflour and chili powder. Then add your strips of beef, basically cover and turn in the cornflour and chilli mixture. Using a non stick frying pan spray with Frylight and heat, make sure the pan is really hot the lay your strips in the pan. Cook until they are crisping up then turn them all over and again cook until the other side is crispy. You can remove once cooked into a separate bowl. Just before serving re-heat the same pan spraying with Frylight add your chopped chilli and the ginger and fry of slightly before adding the spring onions and crispy beef cook until the spring onions begin to wilt and add a good splash of soy sauce stir again and serve.

SW Chips - However you do them :)

Crispy 'Fake' Seaweed
You will need -:
- Frylight
- Black or Curly Kale (couple of handfuls)
- salt

If using Black Kale cut the thicker part of the stem out and slice across the leaves into strips. Spray a frying pan with Frylight and heat. Chuck the kale in and begin to cook adding some salt and stirring well. Once it's well wilted and soft remove and add to a baking tray and pop in the oven for 10-15 mins until crisped up. Try some make sure it is salty enough for you add a tad more and shake. Leave to cook until you are ready to dish up.

Stir fried Veggies
You will need -
- 1 red pepper, de-seed and thinly slice
- Baby Corn (I used half a pack, about 6-8 individual ones) chopped
- some thinly sliced mushrooms (I used 3-4)
- 1 tsp of Chinese 5 Spice

Heat a wok and spray with Frylight chuck in all of the above veggies and cook. Add the 5 spice and stir well and serve.

Chinese Curry Sauce
You will need -:
- 28g Mayflower Curry Sauce powder (2 syns)
- Water

Add the powder to a jug and a small amount of water (about 50ml) pop in microwave (or heat on hob if you prefer) or a few mins remove and stir. Add a drop more water and repeat until you get your preferred consistency of sauce.

Total 0f 4 syns between the two of us is 2 syns per person :)

Dish up and serve! :p

Last edited:
Friday 15th January - EE

HEXa - 40g Reduced Fat Cheddar
HEXb - 2 Benefit Bars

Up ridiculously early! ....2.30am... had a coffee about 3.30 and an apple at about 4.30.

Breakfast
'Full English Brekkie' Omelette - 3 Bacon (no fat) cut up, 1 chopped fresh tomato, 3 mushrooms chopped and 1/3 of a tin of beans all cooked in a little Frylight then added 4 whisked eggs (as they were not that big)
Pink Grapefruit and Nectarine
Coffee

Several more mugs of coffee

Lunch
Burger in a Bowl - 5% beef mince cooked with red jalapenos and a splash of Worcestershire sauce served on a bed of lettuce, red onion, tomato, cucumber, celery, spring onion and fat free french dressing topped off with HEXa and a few more jalapenos (Sooooo tasty! :p)
Diet Orangeade
Apple Strudel Muller Light

Dinner
Gammon Steak served with SW chips, grilled tomatoes and sides of 'breaded' mushrooms and onion rings (syn free unless you are in the anti-tweak brigade, as I plan on attempting to use a little Smash to coat them with;)) not a lot of speed, but it was very nice!
Diet Orangeade

Plan on using around 7-8 syns on a yummy spectacular pudding creation will update later :)

UPDATE - Oh my! I shall have to add a pic of this bad boy I have just whipped up!
It's a Pear & Chocolate pudding! All 8.5 syns of it! :p
Here's whats in it - Quark, mixed with a Options Fudge sachet (2 syns), 2 x Benefit Bars (1 chopped and one to decorate) (HEXb), 1 Pear chopped, (1 syns worth) of Mini Marshmallows, Dreemy Bar (3.5 syns) 2 tsps of Choc Shot (1 syn) and 2 Mikados (1 syn)

Syns
100ml milk for coffee's - 2.5 syns
For above pudding - 8.5 syns
= 11 syns
52 out of max.105 for week so far.

Last edited:
It was amazing!!!....and I felt sooooo naughty having it! I have decided now that Thursday- Sunday (when am not at work) I will be saving my the vast majority of my syns for the evening so I can enjoy X amount of syns on goodies so I feel like I am having a cheat day almost and hope it helps me get me back into the right mindset. :)

Morning beauts!

I am so happy today! Why? Well let me tell you! Ray has decided he is officially getting on plan with me! Now, he always has the same main meal as me as obviously I ain't farting about cooking separate for him!..lol.. I may well have mentioned before hand that during our many years together (18 years this year!) we have put on the same amount of weight easily around 5 stone. Now Ray has no bum and his legs are like a bloomin' sparrows, but he carries his weight as most men do all around his middle...it looks like a beer belly but fact is he hardly drinks.
A good friend of ours was diagnosed with diabetes just before Christmas and despite me telling him that carrying weight around the middle is the worst place health wise and him not getting any younger, it seems now with this news coupled with the news the other week of my friend passing very suddenly at the same age as him, who he knew quite well too has spurred him into action!
So today he is has weighed in and began SW with me properly! I am going to spend some time now planning meals for us both for the week and sorting him out ideas for work. The biggest problem for me sorting this for him now though is he won't eat fruit and he won't eat yogurts so I really am going to have to get my thinking cap on for him when he is at work.... I guess I am quite sad, but I think this might spur me on more now as I'm going to have to lead by example!

We might pop out later and get some more bits and after spending several hours yesterday watching shopping haul vids I might do a piccy version here (I am not brave enough to record myself and nobody wants to hear my yam yam accent..lol..)

Be back later with my food diary! Have a great day all! :)

Last edited:
This is absolutely fantastic news! So glad to hear this Gem! It makes a huge difference, even though he was eating your meals before, that's now the pair of you on plan that can actively think about meals and foods and hopefully if he does the cooking some nights to give you a night off :)P) he will be excited to try out new things and the pair of you can vibe off of each other and spur each other on even more so! :D YAY!

PS - ERM I'd love to here your Yam Yam accent please lol. I'd certainly love a video or photo :p xxxxx

Back