Going it alone...so my diary and you I hope become my group! :)

This is absolutely fantastic news! So glad to hear this Gem! It makes a huge difference, even though he was eating your meals before, that's now the pair of you on plan that can actively think about meals and foods and hopefully if he does the cooking some nights to give you a night off :)P) he will be excited to try out new things and the pair of you can vibe off of each other and spur each other on even more so! :D YAY!

PS - ERM I'd love to here your Yam Yam accent please lol. I'd certainly love a video or photo :p xxxxx

To save you looking back to where I picked up again on here..lol.. I seriously hate my before picture (This was took 31st August 2014 as began SW)...I look at it and just see someone locked inside a body struggling to get out. The 'now' was took early December 2015 at the works Christmas party...lol.. acting a tit!..Not at my lowest weight. My lowest was in my profile pic on holiday on Egypt last year when I was around 12st 3lb. Still a way to go, but getting there :)

me2aug2014-dec2015.jpg

Last edited:
He's is pretty good tbh and quite often cooks for us both anyway and he does the food shopping every week so he knows what's what food wise :)

That's great that your other half is on board!

Your Chinese feast sounds delicious! Think I am going to save the recipes to try them out at some point :)

That's great that your other half is on board!

Your Chinese feast sounds delicious! Think I am going to save the recipes to try them out at some point :)

It was lovely! The pic did not do it that much justice, but wow....all of that loveliness for 2 syns was well worth the effort! :)

Saturday 16th January - EE

HEXa - 40g Reduced Fat Cheddar
HEXb - WW Wrap

Breakfast
Apple, Melon Medley and a coffee

2 x Plums

Lunch
WW Wrap (HEXb) filled with Iceberg lettuce, 4 slices of lean ham with a drizzling of Fat Free Light French Dressing and a tomato 1/4 up with 2 sticks of celery.

Coffee

Dinner
Mexican Chilli Pasta Bake -pasta, chicken breast chunks, red pepper, courgette, red and white onions, mushrooms, red kidney beans and passata topped with part HEXa served with Nacho style wedges (some wedges served with remaining HEXa cheese and jalapenos)
Diet Dandelion & Burdock :p

Syns
100ml milk - 2.5 syns
Snaps Spicy Tomato - 3 syns
Bassets Mini Jelly Babies - 3.5 syns
Flump - 2 syns
Muller Chocolate Fix Dessert - 5 syns
16 syns for the day.

72 out of max.105 for week so far! :D

Last edited:
So I might have mentioned earlier we were popping out to get a few bits and I thought it would be fun to do a 'Piccy' version of a shopping haul. If you've never seen these it can give you some great ideas on low syn things to try out and so forth. There are vids on Youtube, but I'm not brave enough for that!...lol..

So here goes!. We went to Asda, now that's a big change for us as we usually shop at Aldi and pick bits up from Morrisons and I will get a few bits also from Waitrose, but that's easy when you work there ;)

Fridge goodies...
shop1.jpg

Mini Fruit Platter - Pineapple, Melon, Mango and Grapes - 80p REDUCED
3 x 8 Weight Watcher Pork Sausages (1/2 syns each) - £2
4 x 6 Weight Watcher Cumberland Sausages (1/2 syns each) - £1.06 REDUCED
2 x 250g Quark - 90p (FREE)
1 x Fat Free Cottage Cheese - £1.00 (FREE)
2 x Primula Light 150g - £1.44 (80g HEXa choice)
2 x Philadelphia Lightest 180g - £1 (110g HEXa choice)
1 x 6 Babybel Light (3 as a HEXa choice)
1 x 4 Muller Light Chocolate Fix - £1.50 (5 syns each)
8 x Muller Lights - 2 of each flavour - 4 for £2 (FREE)

shop2.jpg

Trimmed Spring Onions - £1 (SPEED)
Pears - £1 (SPEED)
Salad Tomatoes - £1.25 (SPEED)
Baby Plum Tomatoes - £1 (SPEED)
Cucumber - 45p (SPEED)
Braeburn Apples - £1 (SPEED)
750g 5% Lean Mince Beef - £5 (splits into 3 portions for us) (FREE)

shop3.jpg

2 x Alpen Light Banoffee - £1 - (2 x HEXb) or (3 syns each or 2 Bars for 5.5 syns)
1 x Ryvita Cracked Black Pepper - £1 - (3 = HEXb) or (1 syn each)
4 x Red Kidney Beans - 30p (FREE)
2 x Asda Chosen By You Chicken & Mushroom Pasta Snackpot - 75p (1 syn)
2 x Deli Box Cous Cous Roasted Veg - £1.19 (FREE)
3 x Deli Noodles Chow Mein/Mild Curry/BBQ Beef - 50p (FREE)
Asda Bran Flakes & Asda Sultana Bran - 2 for £2.50 (Both are 35g HEXb)
1 x Green Jalapenos - £1 - (SPEED)
1 x Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce - £2.15 (FREE)
1 x Asda Pudding Rice - 97p - (FREE)
1 x Teisseire Caramel Gourmet Drops - £2 - (FREE)
1 x Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Unsweetened - £1.48 (875ml HEXa or 100ml for 1/2 syn)

shop4.jpg

1 x Hot Madras Powder - 60p (FREE)
1 x Hot Chilli Powder - 60p (FREE)
1 x Tumeric - 62p (FREE)
1 x 6 Caxtons Pink & Whites - 50p (2.5 syns each)
10 x Flumps - 10p (2 syns)
4 x Cadbury Hot Choc - 4 for £1 (2 syns each)
4 x Options Strawberry - 4 for £1 (2 syns each)
4 x Options Salted Caramel - 4 for £1 (2 syns each)
4 x Options Praline - 4 for £1 (2 syns each)
5 x Mini Jelly Babies - 5 for £1 (3.5 syns each pack)
Hartley's No Added Sugar Jellies - 5 for £2 (1/2 syn each)
Mug Shots -Few different flavors - 50p-80p - (FREE)

shop5.jpg

All Pop is FREE apart form the Diet Larger Shandy which 1 syn per 250ml. These were 4 for £2 and had to grab me a bag of Spicy Tomato Snaps -£1 - 8 x 13g bags (3 syns per bag) :)

Last edited:
To save you looking back to where I picked up again on here..lol.. I seriously hate my before picture (This was took end of August 2014 as began SW)...I look at it and just see someone locked inside a body struggling to get out. The 'now' was took early December at the works Christmas party...lol.. acting a tit!..lol..Still a way to go, but getting there :)

View attachment 179710
Looking good! You look so much happier!

Thanks Pootle...I feel 100% happier :D

Sunday 17th January - EE

HEXa - 250ml milk
HEXb - 35g Sultana Bran

Breakfast
HEXB with some of HEXa with a sliced apple on top, followed by Pineapple, Melon, Mango and Grapes
Coffee

Coffee with a squirt of the Caramel Gourmet Drops! Nice! :p
Another coffee at Mom & Dad's (2 syns for sugar)

Apple
Diet Dandelion & Burdock

Lunch
Roast Chicken, Roast Potatoes & Sweet Potatoes, White Cabbage with leeks, cauliflower,carrots and kale with gravy (3 syns)

Dinner
Chicken Fried Rice - Leftover chicken, peas, rice some soy sauce to colour.
Home Made Eton Mess - A Meringues (2.5 syns) lots of fresh Raspberries, Strawberries & Blueberries and 12.5g Anchor Squirty Cream (2 syns)

Syns
Sugar - 2 syns
Gravy - 3 syns
Home Made Eton Mess - 4.5 syns

9.5 for day so far....

May have a few nibbles later as Call the Midwife is back and flexi-syn..still under for week :)
81.5 out of max.105 for week so far!

Last edited:
Love the food shop! Def love a bug stock up, but I'm trying to be good with money currently so it's just the bare essentials! Love the Nachos meal too....looks so good! Good news in the OH joining the plan to, will def give you motivation and if you are anything like me it'll bring out the competitive person in you! Just bear in mind men always lose quicker than us to begin with! And they get more syns - not fair!!

Love the food shop! Def love a bug stock up, but I'm trying to be good with money currently so it's just the bare essentials! Love the Nachos meal too....looks so good! Good news in the OH joining the plan to, will def give you motivation and if you are anything like me it'll bring out the competitive person in you! Just bear in mind men always lose quicker than us to begin with! And they get more syns - not fair!!

Spent far too much really...£75 on it after we had done our main shop too! In saying that though we are well stocked up now and have plenty to be getting on with for lunches for us both for work etc. Nacho Wedges were amazeballs!! Felt really naughty eating them..I had to keep telling myself they were free!

Yeah, I'm happy he has decided to join me properly now. He always has enjoyed the food I cook SW wise though so he already knows he is going to eat really well...lol... His weight fluctuates massively anyway. I just want him to get a bit more exercise really tbh and loose his belly for his own health more than anything x

Gemsta, hope you don't mind but I've stolen your Mexican bake recipe, it looks amazing!

Well done on the shop, I'd love to have Asda and aldi here! :( but I'll make do with the shops I have, least they have cheap spices.

No problem! Please let me know what you think! I know you are not much of a one for spuds but the wedges are amazing! x

Back again.....going to relax the rest of the day now, find some films to watch. I quite fancy The Revenant so may give that a go. So this morning we have popped in to see the folks and then went for a nice walk just me and Ray :) Only 3 miles and we would have gone further I think had it not been so muddy and the fact I needed a wee...lol...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BApC6snKKmN/?taken-by=gemsta1977

No problem! Please let me know what you think! I know you are not much of a one for spuds but the wedges are amazing! x

Oh Gemsta - I flipping love potatoes! I'd have a love affair with them if I could ;) but I prefer the potatoes in Ireland, so I don't eat them as often out here

Oh Gemsta - I flipping love potatoes! I'd have a love affair with them if I could ;) but I prefer the potatoes in Ireland, so I don't eat them as often out here

POTATOES!...lol... ;) .....I thought you did not have them that much so thought you were one of these that avoids them ;)

Morning.... I've been up for an hour and awake since just before 4. Nothing really our of the ordinary for me, but I really wanted the extra couple of hours as later today I say the final goodbye to a friend so with group. the funeral and then tonight's shift it's going to be a long ass 30 hours.

Weigh-in this morning...I am hopeful as I feel slimmer. I know when I can feel it gain or leave my midriff especially now. Diary to follow and I will be back later on with weigh in result.

Back