Going it alone without a class?? and a few questions!

MinnieM

Well armed with only a WW Calculator I intend to make a real go of the WW regime starting tomorrow morning.

The calculator is old - one I had from when I went to class about 5 years ago will it still be accurate or out of date?

Are there any foodie 'must have's' you can recommend as I'm going to do THE BIG SHOP this afternoon :D

P.S. Dreading getting on those scales in the morning :cry:

MM xx

Hello good choice to go for WW i love the plan, i would say pop into poundland as they have 'snack foods' at £1.00 all low in points e.g crisps, bars, pasta sauces, biscuits, soups.!

And all of these are low in points nice to still have a treat everyday i say.
And the calculator should be fine hun they have upgraded in december just a newer look one really.

Stock up on water too drink plenty.

Good luck x

im following the weight watchers plan too but im not a weight watcher member, i have the books from about 5 years ago . used to go to there meetings every week so i know what i have to do :) good luck with your weight loss :)

I started again a couple of weeks ago and i'm not going to the meetings. I use a calculator i downloaded off the net and this website. The support on here is brilliant. Some essentials i get in each week are:

Pink n whites 0.5pts each
Rich teas 0.5pts each
Wafer thin ham 0.5pts for 5 slices
I can't believe it's not butter light 0.5pts for 10g (i think)
Kingsmill 50/50 crustless 0.5pts for 1 slice, 1.5pts for 2.
Laughing cow extra light cheese triangles 3 for 1pt

Hope this helps!

That wafer thin ham and bread look good value for points, iyswim ;) You could make yourself a stonking good butty with 2 slices of that crust free and 5 slices of ham... all for 2 points :eek:

hi minnie -- i dont go to the classes either -- never have!!

did ww a couple of years ago on my own and started again in january and have lost 8 pounds so far (which is a miracle for me haha) i swear by:
snack a jacks popcorn (0.5 points a bag)
laughing cow extra light cheese spread
crustless bread
healthy choice bacon from tesco (0.5 points per rasher)
poached eggs (1 point or free without the yolk)
mustard (freeeeee)

hope this helps :)

i cant live with out tomatoes, they are the base of many sauces, pasta sauce, curry sauce, red thai sauce, lasagne etc etc

I had a look for the Snack-a-Jack Popcorn in Asda today but the never had any :( I had read on here that it was lovely with a little sweetner sprinkled on top :flirt2:

Ive been doing it alone too, i don't attend meetings but have done well so far, 17lbs lost :) Good luck x

If you're not going to a class (as I am doing it) I think you must do two things:

1. make sure you make your own tracker and always fill it in

2. Get someone independent to weigh you and weigh you once a week only (I get a guy from work to weigh me)

Back