Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Going it alone!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Daisyboo, 18 May 2010 Social URL.

1. Daisyboo

Daisyboo Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Help me decide!!
    After alot of thinking I have decided that at the moment I really dont have the time or spare money to be going to SW classes. I'm determined not to now go totally off the rails, I really want to stick with this, to prove to myself that I have the will power and determination to stick to a diet without the group incentive.

So going to need you girls more than ever for support and encouragement - and now that I am in a new office where I dont have the Heads of Service and Director looking onto my PC hopefully I can pop on a bit more regularly.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Good luck Hun..you can do it, just make sure that you plan ahead and as you would with class write it down!

x

4. Meli

Meli Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st11.6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Good luck and try to keep and update a food diary as this also helps.

5. Teenyweeny

Teenyweeny Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Good luck - I struggle terribly on my own (hence my 9lb gain since beg of this year when I stopped class) and am now going back tonight

However not everyone is as weak as me (lol) so you will be just fine

x

6. strugglingwrighty

strugglingwrighty Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(13.68%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Good luck honey, you can do it! I did WW on my own for 2 years and lost a lot, just towards the end i found myself hungry so switched to SW, you can do it on your own, just set a weigh in day and keep to it, either at home or i used to go to boots every friday morning 50p in hand and weigh myself there, it puts you in a routine. You'll be fine, and make sure you keep logging on and doing your food diarys and ask when you need help or support xxx

7. Daisyboo

Daisyboo Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Help me decide!!
    Thanks girls! Doing ok so far - made a batch of carrot & courgette scan bran muffins yesterday so having those for lunch with a banana seems to be keeping those morning munchies at bay for only 2 syns.

8. miss_emmajane

miss_emmajane Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I am going it alone now too - to be honest I am bored of group and only went to get weighed and leave which is pointless as I have scales at home. This week I am spending the £5 on five packs of Quorn lamb steaks (on offer in Asda) which are gorgeous - money much better spent for me. I am doing well by myself so far, just enjoying what I am eating and not worrying about going to class each week :) I have got more from here than I ever did from class, esp the last class i went too which was awful - keep coming on here and I bet you will be fine.

Good luck with it xxx

9. maypole

maypole loves to eat

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Can you tell me how to make those muffins they sound yum?? :)Have tried searching but can't find anything :sigh:

10. Daisyboo

Daisyboo Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Help me decide!!
    I mashed up 8 scan bran and 2 weetabix, mixed in a grated carrot and a grated courgette, 3 eggs, tablespoon of sweetner and 2 teaspoons of mixed spice. I divided it between 12 muffin cases and cooked for about 30 minutes on gas mark 5 - until firm to touch. I am guessing they are under 1 syn each (4 syns for scan bran, 6 syns for weetabix, egg, courgette & carrot free) so I count 2.5 syns for 3 of them. I have done them with a grated apple added instead of a courgette which makes them sweeter (so remember to use less sweetner) and it bumps it up to a full syn per muffin.

I will be the first to admit they aren't the most amazingly delicious muffins but for breakfast they are pretty good and so easy to fling 3 in a baggy and take to work to have with my coffee.

Enjoy!

11. minn_82

minn_82 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Good luck hun, I was in the same boat. I wasnt sure if I cold do it but have lost 10lbs since my last class. That was also with a 2week holiday where I lost 4lbs, lol. Shows you can do it cause if I can then anyone can. :)

12. *Cupcake*

*Cupcake* is working hard.....

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st13lb
    Lost(%):
    5st3lb(25.98%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    You can do it without going to class - just need a good routine and a set weight in day.

You're not alone though - we're here with you to help and encourage as you need it! xx

p.s. The muffins look yummy!

13. Gettingthinnerbytheday

Gettingthinnerbytheday Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Good luck hun - you sound very prepared!!

Enjoy your muffins (which sound really nice BTW!) x

14. maypole

maypole loves to eat

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Cool thank you will try them as sometimes have brunch so will work well if I am on lates :)

15. maypole

maypole loves to eat

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Forgot to say good luck going it alone x

16. louisedan

louisedan Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    I dont go to class either.If you need help just holler!!!Or mail if you want.

17. catswhiskas

catswhiskas Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st1lb
    Current Weight:
    10st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st1lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I don't have the time or money to go to class so am doing it alone and doing ok. Will be here to support you :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.