Going my own way - dieting with allergies and intollerances

Evening Lovelies,
wow what a busy day. I have walked for 4 and a half hours today, round a castle grounds, round a town then round another whilst pushing a toddler in a pushchair...
I had a MAJOR breakthrough today....I am a junk food lover and I love my Burgers and Fries...Today my daughter asked for Chips for lunch, so I took her to Burger King for some Chips and a drink as a treat, I could have easily bought myself a Whopper or 2 and made it a large, but I didnt. Instead I watched as my daughter ate her lunch, I then put the rubbish in the bin and we walked to Sainsburys where I had a Chicken Salad Low Fat Sandwich. HAHA! i'm amazed at my willpower but as I was sitting there I was thinking to myself "If I dont eat this I will be so proud of myself and it will be worth it" and it was :D

I may need to re-read this post in a few days time when the junk cravings start kicking in a bit more lol.

Food for today so far has been
Breakfast - 2 slices of weight watchers danish brown bread with dairy free spread
Lunch - Sainsburys Healthy Chicken Salad Sandwich
Dinner - Homemade Turkey Casserole and a Plum
No Snacks and for drinks has been Water and Green Tea

Its that time of the month for me so I'm usually a comfort feeder about now, any excuse! but I'm determined not to. Plus I have my Spa day on Sunday (Very Late Valentines Present) to enjoy and look forward to, I will enjoy it a lot more if i'm feeling healthier :)

Sending positive and happy vibes out to everyone tonight. I feel Good!! xx

Oh I am so pleased for you, it does make you feel really proud of yourself when you resist something like that doesn't it, good for you :D

thank you blossums, I am still in slight shock haha. x

LOL I know what you mean, I've only very recently been able to do that too

All the best luv, you'll feel great on weigh in day ;)

I hope so!
I had my first case of "being tangoed" today. Wow People werent exagerating with what I have already read on here lol. Im wondering if it is a clear out from when I began? The day I started (monday) the night before we had a chinese takeaway for dinner, could it be that now coming through?
I had 17g of fat yesterday in all, so I dont know why its happened :( Ive been so careful.

Could be the chinese meal hun, sounds like it..especially if you have stuck to 15g of fat on other days. Hope that is the 'end of it' now!!! You have done so well, resisting chips, burgers etc and going for the chicken salad..the scales will certainly reward you, don't worry!

yep defo stuck to the 15g fat. Its 5g per 100g isnt it and 15g per meal? x

I've just put in my days food into myfitnesspal and its come out as only 9g fat for the whole day and i've only eaten 683 calories....Ah me thinks I need to eat slightly more as I dont want to make myself poorly lol.

I went in to Holland and Barretts today to have a look for some dairy free goodies for me and my girl and we found a cake that is dairy free, gluten free and wheat free and best of all it had hardly any fat in it and so I will be treating myself to a pudding tonight with some soya custard which also is low, something like 1.9g per 100g :)
I do like a nice treat at the end of a week.

RR you wont be here for my first xenical weigh in! I hope you have a positive post to come back to tho :)

Hiya
pudding sounded yummy! My hubby loves holland and barret, when in the city we spend a wee while in there looking at everything on offer :)
Are you weighing in on monday? I might be able to log in for a super quick read, just doubt that i'll have time to post anything!!!! so i MIGHT see it before i leave, but if not..i KNOW i'll come back to read a fantastic result from you, i'm rooting for you hun, you so deserve a good one!!!! :)

Thanks hun, will try and post first thing, i know i will be up early just itching to get on those scales lol.
how long are you away for? hope you have a lovely time, will miss your posts! :) x

My BEFORE Photo xx

Attachments

• DSCF88052222.jpg
    DSCF88052222.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 37
Nice picture :) I meant to do a before picture, never got round to it!

Glad you found some nice cake in H&B, need to have a treat sometimes isn't it and it must be a nightmare fidning things you can have sometimes - which things are you allergic to?

All the best for your weigh in, is it monday?
x

Thanks blossum, yep weigh in is monday morning, i have a list of intollerances and allergies aslong as my arm lol.

The main ones are Dairy, Citrus, Caffeine, Citric Acid, Mustard and certain types of Fish.
I then have pet allergies which make my chest tight and my breathing shallow and then a few more intollerances food wise that are different e numbers and acids that are added to food to preserve them in jars and tubs.
Going to Tescos isnt much fun!

For Dinner tonight we have had a dinner that has equated to 19g of fat....ARGH. I have been under on all my others but still, I hope I dont get the "tangoes" tommorow as im going to a health spa for the day lol.

Thought I would share the past few days total fat intake for each day according to myfitnesspal -
Wednesday 33g
Thursday 17g
Friday 12g
Saturday 26g

Lovely pic , you have shape already hun, i started off as a big round apple! Nice background in your pic too. I wish i had taken a pic of me in feb, but i'm sure there are some from last years holiday somewhere for me to compare with!!!

Enjoy the spa tomorrow :)

I'll be back on the 22nd :) 'be good' in my absence! hee hee

Wow what a busy day! but very enjoyable for the most part. I attended a Bannatynes Spa for a day out with my a friend of mine, we got a 241 deal from www.buyagift.com as they were on offer and I had been promised one from my OH since Valentines Day lol.
It was lovely, I wouldnt give it 5 stars but maybe 3.5r, the treatments were ok, except they seem to hurt a lot for a massage but that could be because im very tense, I ache a lot tonight so I hope it hasnt done any damage, it hurt a lot especially around where I had the epidural in labour that went wrong. Maybe I should have mentioned that beforehand? ah well.
Anyway afterwards we had a nice lunch in Frankie & Bennys, we shared a Sample Platter which didnt work out to be too high in fat once I had added it all up. Then for dinner tonight I made a Chicken Dinner, I was so hungry tho, I think I swallowed most of it without chewing lol.

Tonight has been a chill in front of the TV night, with catching up on yesterdays Strictly and then watching the results show straight after, then watching XFactor results and then my favourite of the week, Downton Abbey.

Another busy day tommorow planned and then Tuesday is my pre-op appointment. I only have to think about this operation and my anxiety starts up so im trying not to focus on it and put my energy and thoughts into other positive matters. For example how much weight do I think I will have lost this week?
Im going to go for 2lb, If I am low and its more I will be surprised but I dont expect miracles to happen, so thats what i'm sticking with.
Time will tell.

Night all, see you in the morning xx

Starting Weight - 274.75 - 19 Stone 8 and 3/4

1st Weigh in - 269 - 19 Stone 3

Loss - 5lb and 3/4!!!

Last edited:
WOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!

fantastic, what a great start!!!!!!, well done you :) I am so happy for you :)

just popped on 5 mins ago, to see if you had posted, so pleased, i caught your result before i go :) :) :)

Keep it up, 'see' you when i get back! Byeeeeeee for now :) x

Thanks RR :) cant believe i was a quarter if a pound away from my 1st goal lol. But Its a fab result i'm so pleased :) :) :)
thanks for popping by, have a lovely holiday. xx

Back