Going my own way - dieting with allergies and intollerances

BAD few days, No tango yet but it will get me. Stress has got to me and ive turned to the dark side of comfort eating. Last night I had a KFC and today and Mcdonalds. Very annoyed at myself but not quite sure how else to "comfort" myself. Starting to worry about Operation this week. Scaring me quite a lot. Hubby is trying his best to keep me occupied with going out but its just not working :(

Aww hun, sorry to hear you are feeling uptight about op. Keep that positive thinking that you are so good at, in mind! Everything will be okay, and as for turning to the old comfort food, don't worry, it is your way of dealing with anxiety, and its not the rocky road to ruin as it is only temporary until this anxious time passes.

wishing you lots of luck and good wishes for everything, keep your chin up, relax and think to the future hun, take care x

Monday weigh in - 2lb off today. Pleased that its more than last week but also annoyed at myself because it could have been more if I hadnt of have had KFC, Mcdonalds and Frankie & Bennys all in one weekend......
Oh well. The Joys of Anxiety.

2 Days till Operation now, I probably wont be on here for a few days whilst im in hospital and then recovering at home.
I will try to keep a mental note of food, but doubt I will take tablets for a few days as I will just be wasting them and throwing them back up! :(

3 weeks today marks how long I have been taking xenical and just under 9lb less in weight :)
Really pleased with that and i'm looking forward to starting them up again when i'm feeling better. I took my last one last night for a while, there isnt much point in me taking them on a toast and soup diet, if that. So once my appetite is back then I will start them up again :)

Good luck to everyone on their journeys this week, and for your weigh ins. See you all soon once I am back and recovered. Take Care. Amy x

Weigh in day today, havent done it yet tho....why you ask? because i'm waiting to poo. lol.
Thanks to the drugs ive been given since my op on Wed I havent been able to go to the toilet, so I refuse to weigh myself until Ive been for a no.2!
Also the fact I need hubby to bend down and sort the scales out for me as I cant bend or lift anything.
Hope everyone is looking forward to a good week ahead, and had a nice and healthy weekend. xx

Haha yes RR I have "been" was quite disappointed tho, lol. I have been on antibiotics this week so havent been taking tablets again yet, I have to make another appt with GP for next week, so Im starting tablets again tommorow. Re-weighing myself tommorow too, not done it today because I didnt get up till 11am! My Hubby is back to work on Wednesday and i'm not looking forward to being left alone with tantruming toddler just yet as i'm still not quite 100%.
Currently doing the tesco online shop and adding lots of healthy goodies in to the basket so I cant be tempted! x

Still here! sort of. Had a bit of a manic few weeks, went to see my GP last week and have got my next lot of tablets ready to go, Im starting again on Saturday, Friday will be my new weigh in day as Mondays didnt work very well for me last time. Ive lost a stone since feb according to GPs last weigh in. Which is fine, a stone is a stone, and id prefer to lose it slowly rather than quickly as it goes back on easier then!
Hopefully back to the gym in a week or two aswell, Ear is on the mend :)
Hello to everyone, sorry havent had time to pop round your journals! x

Right i'm back, and i'm back for good! (no take that pun intended)

Starting Xen again on 2nd of Jan, have had my last weekend of "naughty" things and made sure I enjoyed it with some Kettle Crisps, Apple Crumble, Peanuts and Cider.

2012 is MY year (can be yours too if you like, I dont mind, I will share) but its My year for losing, not gaining, not staying the same...Losing. Losing Weight, and Winning the war against my Flab, against my Zero Self-Confidence against my Insecurities.

By this time next year I want to look back on this post and say "I Did It" I have every reason to do this, there are no more excuses, I have no excuse cards left to play, its all or nothing.

Hi, Just popped over from the Xen forum to have a wee read, it was the allergy title that hooked me in (my 9 year old has Coeliac disease, so on a gluten free diet and has also temporarily been taken off all dairy AND soya products to try to kick start weight gain for him) so I sympathise SO much with your issues. I love the positive mental attitude you have for 2012, long may it continue for all of us, this IS our year. Good luck with the restart,

KB x

Starting Weight 19st 3 - 269lbs......
Here we go....

Happy New year x :)

LOVING the positive attitude and determination, you will achieve everything you are dreaming of this year, mark my words!

I am still clearing the naughties from the fridge. cupboard and freezer..BUT next monday is my D DAY...i am gearing myself up for it..and by the end of this year, we'll be grinning like cheshire cats :)

Have a great day hun, good luck and keep a seat on the success express for me..i'm on my way!

thanks RR, lovely to see you again :) Hope you are well.

Had a bit of a breakthrough today, went to KFC and ordered a Salad, the man behind the counter looked at me as if I had asked for poo on a plate. It was actually really nice and I would order it again.
I was meeting another Mummy Friend and taking our toddlers out for lunch, our options were McDonalds, Burger King, The Pub or KFC, Healthy Eh!

My ears are really playing up thanks to this cold weather and wind we are having, so that doesnt make me feel to great, but I am carrying on.

We have our Tesco delivery tonight, lots of yummy food thats healthy! hurrah! Just have to hide the Xmas bits now....Oh and the Hotel Chocolat Chocolates....Maybe I could just have one?....lol. Will have one as a treat if i lose anything next week. Only one mind.

well done on choosing the salad in KFC, i know eating out with toddlers there isn't a great deal of choice!.. fast food or you go to small restaurant or cafe, which proves expensive and other 'diners' give you the 'look' when the toddler shouts out or suddenly cries! :)

have a good day and enjoy your treat size choc :)

Oh yes "the look" thankfully I have a child that isnt too much trouble to take out "touch wood" and can be occupied with the contents of my handbag whilst waiting for food to arrive lol.

Going ok so far, apart from the fact that I cannot for the life of me remember where my next lot of tablets are. GP prescribed me some more 2 months ago ready for me starting again in Jan and I have NO IDEA where I have put them....Only have 3 days worth left of this packet...Eeeeeeeeeekkkkk!

Post 500!! :)
Lost 3.5lbs this week and I have found the tablets, hurrah! :)

Back