Going off track on weekends

This is my downfall too. I'm really disciplined all week, and i don't mind being strict with myself if it means I can have a few more 'treats' on a weekend, but recently I've been finding it harder and harder to lose weight.

Obviously I've got less to lose now than when I first started, but my other problem was nibbling on a weekend when i know I shouldn't. namely; snacks that go with drinks. I do like a drink on a saturday night and I always save syns for it. But recently when my OH gets the dorito's and kettle chips out I've not been able to leave them alone. i've always had a nibble, and accounted about 5 syns for it, but if I'm honest with myself, I know that the amount I nibble on has increased and the amount of syns I allow for it haven't.

I had a word with my C about this last week at WI and she gave me a food diary to fill in. I'm proud to say I've had no naughty nibbles that i shouldn't have. I had some quavers whch I counted (I think big bags for sharing are terrible, but a bag of quavers out of a multipack are ace for portion control) and other than that i've been snacking on things like silverskin onions and carrot sticks/celery sticks with homemade salsa

Hoping for a good result this week, becuase my weekends have been my downfall for a while now.

I'm am totally with you on this! I have started planning for the evening drink munchies. I don't count alcohol (naughty I know) but if I stick to the food side I always loose (so long as I don't have loads of lager) so I make sure I've got syns for snacks or save HEB so I can have a sandwich.

Me too, I find planning some lower syn indulgences ahead helps, maybe a synned takeaway, or a favourite dish that is a bit more indulgent than a weeknight meal. I let myself buy the odd treat too, for me at the moment it's Fentimans botanical cherry tree cola!

It sounds like when everyone has a drink we all get the munches!

I'm thinking of not drinking alcohol at home and maybe this will be the cure

Xx

I'm having this at the moment. Not so much weekends but more to do with having no kitchen and loads of workmen roaming around the place...It's hard to get time to make meals and sometimes I don't make enough thinking I will be able to nip into the kitchen if I get peckish only to be told "don't walk on the kitchen floor for 8hours..." lol. So have ended up having chineses because of this... difficult to stand the night before to make things for the next day when you've come home at 10pm knackered from work and know that even if you do make food you've got no fridge to keep it safely in (take my food safety very seriously!)

Hi Every one!

Every friday/sat is my problem, food wise I am not so bad but I really miss having my down time chilling with a glass of wine ........ but if i open the bottle esp. white it's more than one glass!:break_diet:

Last night I was supposed to go out on a girli night but it was cancelled, I had planned my day even down what to eat and how many Vodka and cokes I could be allowed with out breaking out over my syns.......Soooooo I reluctantly cooked and did not give in to take away, but then hubby opened a bottle of red 2 large glasses later and CRISPS !!!!! not good adds up to 30.5 syns for the day :cry:

I need to find a way around this as I am good all of the rest of the time, I have considered adding all my syns for the week and then taking them off and cutting the remaining days down. I am not sure if this is going to work or even if SW would be happy about this. I have read up about Flexi syns but this is not a good option for me because I would just use a flexi day each week and need to NOT do that.

Oh and I am off out for a run this morning to try and burn off a little of last nights blow out !

xx

Last edited:
Well Jenna,

I am going to give it a go my weigh in is on a thursday, so I should be able to have fri/sat night a bit heavier on the syns and be really good all the other times. I am going to try and be tough on myself and stick to th 105 per week, and even the off night with the good days. I will let you know how it goes this week. I used to just go off on two nights and stick the others, losing .5 to lb but I would really like to get to my interim target a bit quicker. Once I have I may drop it again by half a stone??? x

I was really good last weekend so hoping for a second week in a row! Wish me luck....

It's not something to feel bad about if you weigh in on a weekend, then that's your opportunity to be bad and eat what you want. My weigh in is Tuesday, and on Tuesday night I eat and drink whatever I want. Make sure you try to eat healthy the rest of the time and exercise. Everyone is allowed a treat night.

jezzi999 said:
It's not something to feel bad about, but "treat night" on weigh in night doesn't work for everyone. If I go over my syns any night (even weigh in night) I dont lose the following week. I also find it a very strong binge trigger.

So it works great for some people but not do everyone.

Oh ok didnt know that :/ I have to say though it can be a bit annoying to work it off

Back