Going out tomorrow night....

chub

We;re going out with friends tomorrow night, my friend who has 3 pharmacies in Cashel and used to run the lipotrim programme, told me it wouldn't do me hard to eat low carb tomorrow evening and have a couple (say no more than 3) of drinks - her eg was gin/slimline tonic.... said it wouldn't knock me out of ketosis and I have to live..... anyone else done this?

Personally I don't see the point in drinking unless I'm going to get drunk, which I wouldn't do on three G&Ts! I don't drink alcohol for pleasure, tastes nasty unless its something full of sugar. So I suppose it depends on whether you think that many drinks will do anything for you or if its worth it. I have to say I often go out clubbing and such and don't drink anything cuz I just don't feel in the mood to, and I still have loads of fun and dance and everything, plus you feel much better the next morning! Do whatever you think yourself hun :)

lol i'[m quite the opposite!!! I don't like getting drunk at all... far from it! just like the taste of wine, before i was on the diet i'd have maybe 2 glasses of wine with a meal.... i got drunk when i was young and dind't like it lol....have done a bit of looking around here and some say it can be lethal to have a couple of drinks while on ketosis..... is that true....

Your friend, who's a Lipotrim pharmacist, said it was ok to drink while in ketosis? WTF?

I had one really really small G&T last weekend with a chicken salad when I was away and I felt dizzy and dock and like death the next morning... Thumping head etc and it wasn't even a full measure...

Sick.. Not dock lol

I've been very tempted to have the odd drink over the past few weeks as I know it won't do that much damage but I a few things have been stopping me... Posts like the above!!!! There's lots of them in here! ... Alcohol makes me naughty!! Couple of drinks and I just know I'll be like b****er it I'm having summin to eat! Plus I'm scared! I've heard that its really dangerous to drink whilst in ketosis... I just don't think it's worth the risk... It's not killed me not to drink the past 6 weeks Infact I was drinking far to much and it's made me realise I don't need it.. It's just empty calories!! That's not to say I'm going t total!! But it's done me good! Sorry kind of strayed from your post there!! I've been staying clear of social situations do I'm not sure what I'd do in your position but I say think about it carefully x

Lost 31lbs in 6 weeks :)

Back