Going the distance............here we go again

Ive been cold today as well Toots. Boiling now mind you but its always warmer in my house in the evenings.

VLCDs and winter weather do not make great bed fellows ;)

Hey toots,
congrats on the loss luv.

Hope you warm up soon!!
Xxxx

Ta Chick, just wish it was coming off faster but it's coming off and that's the main thing!!

Hi toots also hated satc 2 . Watched it in a hotel on a weeks business trip on one of those purchase systems that you cxn pause and go back to ....took me the whole week..,,sooooo condescending and errr racist !!!

Like you freeeeezing today . What's wrong with us ?!!! X

Exactly!! All the Emirati that I have met have been absolutely LOVELY . They may be funny acting that way in NYC but in the middle east it's just disrespectful and arrogant!! No wonder they were not allowed to film in AUH!!

xx

Linseeds and Jelly

Sorry not around much tonight - not feeling talkative as bad head and constipated :eek:

Wonder if anyone can help

So,like I say, a bit bunged up and someone (think Kaya) suggested linseeds. Can anyone tell me how to take them - ie how many in what qty of water

Also, just about out of CD Mix-a-mouse. Do you think I can substitute sugar free jelly? Really helps to break up the monotony of liquid

Thanks

xxx

well done on the 2lb Toots.

Hope you're feeling a a bit more comfy soon.

Ps I'm really sorry not to have answered your linseed q, I haven't been on here in over a week with me own issues.

You have have them without rinsing-its all the gloopy goo that helps things along...
I just take a spoonful and then follow it with a glass of water.

Xx

Knew it was somewhere

xx

Hey lass,
Sorry the tums not good...always a nightmare!!

Once you have soaked and had your tablespoon or two of the linseed and accompanying goo have plenty of water to drink.

Hope things get going soon luv,
xxxx

Cheers, Chick
xx

About the jelly, so long as the carbs are low as they tend to be with the sugar-free, it should be fine. I'd just check that it doesn't have any citric acid in - apart from that I can't think of any probs....i used them a lot when low-carbing in the past....

Thanks, Hun

Right, knackered - off to bedfordshire

xxx

Constipation - members of the lipotrimusers forum I used to frequent swore by a horrible mixture of whatever leaf teas you have to hand. I used to mix yorkshire tea, peppermint and rooibos, let it stew for a while and then down the hatch. Dunno how but it often did the trick!

When it didn't, I got some bisacodyl (generic so cheap form of dulcolax) from the chemist, which always worked - take it at bed time and make sure you have dibs on the bathroom as soon as you wake up!

Constipation - members of the lipotrimusers forum I used to frequent swore by a horrible mixture of whatever leaf teas you have to hand. I used to mix yorkshire tea, peppermint and rooibos, let it stew for a while and then down the hatch. Dunno how but it often did the trick!

When it didn't, I got some bisacodyl (generic so cheap form of dulcolax) from the chemist, which always worked - take it at bed time and make sure you have dibs on the bathroom as soon as you wake up!

:rotflmao: Thanks - this is why I have not resorted to dulcolax. Visiting customers all week and they really do not need to see the sudden wide-eyed "uh-oh" look!! Not the corporate image we're trying to promote!!

Does anyone watch the biggest loser? Normally I think Bob and Gillian are amazing but they p!ssed me right off last night! Shouting at that woman as they said she was lying and hadn't tried - it was impossible to eat what she was eating and exercising and to only lose 1lb. Well I am doing a VLCD and for the last 5 days I have stayed the same til this morning when I'm +0.5 (wtf). Sorry but it smacked of the simplistic losing weight is easy - eat less move more. If that had have been me I would have told them to shove the show up their arse!!! :mad:

Mmmmmm - it would appear that I have got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning. My poor colleagues - look out, it's hurricane Toots ;)

Hope everyone is going strong. Nearly the weekend :happy036:

xxx

Completely agree Toots. Although I do think its more because she deliverately threw it the week before as well so it was a bit odd to see such a small loss again.

Hmmmm - still, reeked of the whole losing weight simple!! Think it just really got to me because scales not moving - been 5 days now!! Well, that's not strictly true, they have moved ..............up!!! 1/2 lbs on this morning. WTF ?

Not amused :rolleyes:

xxx

I can relate Toots. My scales are going in the same direction. So much so that I've decided to have a minor blowout tomorrow and go back to Atkins from Friday. I've come to the conclusion carbs just aren't working for me.

I think they were so angry because she's playing games but not admitting it. She appears to be water loading last week because they had immunity this week because her wi didn't get counted. Bet she has a huge loss next week when she does it properly - which is what she's banking on

Is it not your body re-adjusting, Hun?

You could do an Atkins/WW combo type thing? If you are going to have a blow out please DO make it minor! You don't want to start on a slippery slope and undo all your good work!!

Not meaning to lecture but you've done such a fantastic job and I don't want you to make the same mistakes I have in the past :eek:

xx

No it definitely will be a minor blow out. My plan is to stick to my points all day and then have rice and curry sauce for dinner and maybe a small slice of maderia cake. That way Ill have any cravings out of the way to start afresh tomorrow coz this is it for the next few months. I am absolutely determined to get to goal in the first half of the this year.

I think they were so angry because she's playing games but not admitting it. She appears to be water loading last week because they had immunity this week because her wi didn't get counted. Bet she has a huge loss next week when she does it properly - which is what she's banking on

Sorry I missed this!!

I agree that this is WHY they were so mad (she annoyed me,getting this chance and mucking it up) but it was the argument they used. Sometimes the scales just don't play ball and weight loss is not an exact science.

I guess it's coz my scales aren't moving - even though I'm on about 600 cals - and it's hard not to take it personally :eek:

xx

No it definitely will be a minor blow out. My plan is to stick to my points all day and then have rice and curry sauce for dinner and maybe a small slice of maderia cake. That way Ill have any cravings out of the way to start afresh tomorrow coz this is it for the next few months. I am absolutely determined to get to goal in the first half of the this year.

Sounds great - small portions in a controlled manner. That's the end goal after all. When all this is done I don't want to feel I can never have cake again - it will just be the one piece every so often ;)

You will get to goal - you're two thirds of the way there, so you've broken the back of it!! Yay

xxxx

Very disheartened. The scales haven't moved for 6 days. It would appear that I can't even lose weight on a VLCD :sigh: I'm only on week three!!!!!!!

I'm at a loss of what to do and it's starting to get me down :cry:

Sorry to be on such a downer - just feeling that I'll always be FAT

xxx

Back