Going the distance............here we go again

Oh Toots don't despair! Keep going, it will come off! :hugs:

I know how your feeling but im sticking it out as the scales dont seem to be moving but my clothes are getting looser!

Hi Toots - I feel the same way as my scales haven't budged this week. I wasn't going to check until my weekly weigh in but couldn't help myself - am glad I did now as I would have been really disappointed come Monday. I am only in week two!!!! All I can say is keep going - it's got to shift eventually (hasn't it?).

I'm on week three and only lost 2 pounds and my weigh in is tomorrow :-( hoping I lose at least another one pound.

Hi Toots - I feel the same way as my scales haven't budged this week. I wasn't going to check until my weekly weigh in but couldn't help myself - am glad I did now as I would have been really disappointed come Monday. I am only in week two!!!! All I can say is keep going - it's got to shift eventually (hasn't it?).

Thanks. That's what I keep telling myself but it's tough when it doesn't :) I have been telling other people the same - I guess I'm like anyone else - I'll give advice but I won't take my own :eek:

Toots, keep on with it, you will lose weight if you've been 100%. I bet you're losing inches not pounds. Hang in there, you can do it.

Hope so :) Thanks

I'm on week three and only lost 2 pounds and my weigh in is tomorrow :-( hoping I lose at least another one pound.

OK, this is where I become a hypocrite. Week 3 is traditionally slow (tho doesn't generally STOP before I get too told off ;)) So 2lbs is great for week 3 - well done

Well, had some chicken & mash (I know, I'm sorry) followed by some condensed milk with a spoon just like when I was a kid (I have always been odd) last night and guess what! Day 7 of STS :rolleyes:. Although probably because it got things moving, if you catch my drift :p

So, feeling not so hungry, not bunged up and a little stronger to get back on with this - I still have 3 days until WI and, quite frankly, I would be happy with one measily pound this week :D

Hope everyone is going strong

xxx

I know - how is it that we are able to buoy others up when the scales aren't kind but when it happens to us :mad:

:D

xxx

OK, guys - you were right.

Just pulled my jeans on expecting to have to wiggle them on (like last weekend) but they actually fit!!!! :wee:

xxx

woohoo toots thats fab x

OK, guys - you were right.

Just pulled my jeans on expecting to have to wiggle them on (like last weekend) but they actually fit!!!! :wee:

xxx

:party0049:

It seems to be a stick patch for a few of us at the moment. I guess we get a bit used to seeing big losses some weeks on VLCD so its doubly frustrating when we only lose a lb, or STS. I hope we all get on a bit better soon - don't know about you, but I am getting fed up looking at the scales starting with the same number every week.

I messed up quite a bit yesterday, but the scales show a 1lb loss, but as tomorrow we have a planned day out with lunch & tea, I am expecting to sts by wed weigh in. No more social stuff planned then until middle of Feb which is my oh's 50th, so we will be going away plus going to a dinner dance / Valentines ball thing so I guess that week will be a bad one as well.

Yay! Bet you're glad you hung in there :)

Boy, am I!! Do me a favour - remind me of this next time I have a hissy fit ;)

I'm always right Toots. ;) Next time I expect you to listen to me. :p

That you are - next time I WILL listen :)

woohoo toots thats fab x

Ta muchly

well done Toots :clap:

Hang in there, onwards and downwards :D

Hanging,Hun and glad I did - thanks

:party0049:

It seems to be a stick patch for a few of us at the moment. I guess we get a bit used to seeing big losses some weeks on VLCD so its doubly frustrating when we only lose a lb, or STS. I hope we all get on a bit better soon - don't know about you, but I am getting fed up looking at the scales starting with the same number every week.

I messed up quite a bit yesterday, but the scales show a 1lb loss, but as tomorrow we have a planned day out with lunch & tea, I am expecting to sts by wed weigh in. No more social stuff planned then until middle of Feb which is my oh's 50th, so we will be going away plus going to a dinner dance / Valentines ball thing so I guess that week will be a bad one as well.

Me too!!!! Well done on theloss

yay, all hail the jeans :worthy:

Yay indeedyo!!

Thanks for all your support, ladies - makes this seem so much more do-able

xxx

OMG I am soooooo unfit!!!

Just been to a body balance class and I am knackered with a capital K - I used to view balance as a stretch class not a work out!!!! This time last year was a right gym bunny but started a new job and the gym kinda fell by the wayside. Combination of full on job and finishing that little bit later so normal classes difficult to get to.

The gym is something I miss and love so am going to have to work hard to get back to acceptable fitness levels. It is so daunting but a necessary evil.

I used to go every day but know that I cannot do that initially so my routine this week will be:

Monday Zumba (looking forward to this as never done it before and it's meant to be fab)
Tuesday Spin (not confirmed on waiting list)
Thursday Body Combat
Sunday Body Balance

Wish me luck

xxxx

Ps - it's eerily quiet around here at the mo

Ok, have been having a word with myself today.

My mood is just too affected by the number on the scales. Whenever I have given up on a VLCD before it has not been because I can't do it, simply because I throw in the towel after a few rubbish hops on the scale. Basically, I throw my toys out of the pram!!

I don't just weigh myself once a day. Oh no - once in the morning (unless it is flickering between 2 numbers then it's best of 3) and then when I go to bed. Problem being I tend to watch TV in my room for a couple of hours and every time I go for a pee I jump on the scales. So in reality I prob weight myself at LEAST half a dozen times a day - that is tragic and on the obsessive side.

Thinking might try to weigh myself once a fortnight - but do you think that trying to break my addiction to food at the same time as my addiction to the scales is too much?

I am such a muppet and quite embarassed to be typing this. I make such a good job in my "normal" life of seeming like a self assured, sorted kinda gal that I deserve a blimmin Oscar!!!

Hope everyone esle is good. This part of the forum has been so quiet this weekend

xxx

Ok, have been having a word with myself today.

My mood is just too affected by the number on the scales. Whenever I have given up on a VLCD before it has not been because I can't do it, simply because I throw in the towel after a few rubbish hops on the scale. Basically, I throw my toys out of the pram!!

I don't just weigh myself once a day. Oh no - once in the morning (unless it is flickering between 2 numbers then it's best of 3) and then when I go to bed. Problem being I tend to watch TV in my room for a couple of hours and every time I go for a pee I jump on the scales. So in reality I prob weight myself at LEAST half a dozen times a day - that is tragic and on the obsessive side.

Thinking might try to weigh myself once a fortnight - but do you think that trying to break my addiction to food at the same time as my addiction to the scales is too much?

I am such a muppet and quite embarassed to be typing this. I make such a good job in my "normal" life of seeming like a self assured, sorted kinda gal that I deserve a blimmin Oscar!!!

Hope everyone esle is good. This part of the forum has been so quiet this weekend

xxx

Hey hun

I am totally with you on the scale hopping lol! Is there any one who could hide the batteries from you and only allow you one weigh every week? I dont think I could go 2 weeks with out knowing how ive done! But its up to you ha! i know I would be stressing about not weighing an possibly turn to food!

Hope you had a fab weekend an thanks fo the support on my diary hun

xxxxxx

Back