Going the distance............here we go again

I am trying not to be a scale hopper but I am. I always have been!

I'm limiting myself to one weigh a day, first thing in the morning and that's it. (Or best of three if it's not sure!) I only allow myself this if I don't get all stressy about what the scales say. It's definitely easier said than done.

I NEED the motivation of weighing, but I'm still learning to be in control of how I feel about what they say.

I only weigh myself once a week, any more than that just doesnt work for me AT ALL! I had a peek at the scales mid week this week as a matter of interest. Between Sun & Wed I lost 3lbs... but between Wed & Sun I only lost 1 more lb. So what happened?? I was disappointed at my wi, now 4lbs in a week is pretty good and I know that but because Id had a peek I thought I must be able to shift at the very least 2 maybe 3 more before my wi. Had I not checked Id have been delighted with 4.

I know if I weighed myself more than once a week Id end up giving up, once a day? Id drive myself insane and more than once a day - doesnt bear thinking about.

Id definitely recommend once a week... its a fantastic feeling to check it and see a good number.

Get rid of the scales, give the battery to someone, do anything but keep off them between official weigh ins

Thanks - so glad you all understand and I'm not going insane!!!

Not got anyone who would hide the battery - well noone that would give me it back anyway. Not entirely sure how to take the thing out anyway :rolleyes:

Will bring them downstairs so that will at least stop the nightly weigh and will aim for once per week

Have a good week everyone

Oh - and 1lb this week - scales moved a little at last!!!!!

xxx

It has to be worth a try Toots. I keep saying I'm going to do it myself but every morning I'm back on those scales so good luck with it. And good luck on the exercise regime as well - I miss the gym too but just can't afford it unfortunately.

It has to be worth a try Toots. I keep saying I'm going to do it myself but every morning I'm back on those scales so good luck with it. And good luck on the exercise regime as well - I miss the gym too but just can't afford it unfortunately.

Something will turn up soon, Hun

xx

Cancelled my gym membership............

..............and I'm actually quite sad about it.

I did it because I'm sick of the fees going up and the services becoming less and less. No classes I can go to on a friday evening - except one they have put on for non-members which I have to pay for :mad: and nothing on a saturday/sunday afternoon.

Enough was enough - if there's one thing I can't stand it's being ripped off.

Still very very sad though as have been a member for about 8 years. :cry::cry: Longer than I was in any school or any job

God, this diet makes me a whinging whining bag :rolleyes:

xxx

..............and I'm actually quite sad about it.

I did it because I'm sick of the fees going up and the services becoming less and less. No classes I can go to on a friday evening - except one they have put on for non-members which I have to pay for :mad: and nothing on a saturday/sunday afternoon.

Enough was enough - if there's one thing I can't stand it's being ripped off.

Still very very sad though as have been a member for about 8 years. :cry::cry: Longer than I was in any school or any job

God, this diet makes me a whinging whining bag :rolleyes:

xxx

Hugs hun! Whinge away! As long as it keeps you away from the forbbiden!:p Is there another gym local that offers you more services?

Or maybe invest in a wii - exercise at your finger tips!

Hope your well

xxxxxxxxxxx

Step away from those scales missus. I'd go spare if I weighed every day, weekly is the way to go so good luck on reducing the weigh ins

Bad news about the gym but it doesnt sound like it was giving you what you need, any other ones around you could give a go?

Hope this week is kind to you x

Hugs hun! Whinge away! As long as it keeps you away from the forbbiden!:p Is there another gym local that offers you more services?

Or maybe invest in a wii - exercise at your finger tips!

Hope your well

xxxxxxxxxxx

Step away from those scales missus. I'd go spare if I weighed every day, weekly is the way to go so good luck on reducing the weigh ins

Bad news about the gym but it doesnt sound like it was giving you what you need, any other ones around you could give a go?

Hope this week is kind to you x

Definitely sounds like you did the right thing Toots. You're just going to have to look for something better.

Thanks, Ladies. Felt really anxious all last night (but slept really well for some reason). It's a gym FFS.

There is a David Lloyd just down the road and it's nearly twice the price BUT does loads of classes and I get the feeling that they're bothered about their members - just like my gym used to be.

Not going to rush into anything. The WII idea is good. I also have the 30 day shred and have printed off the C25K training sheet - I have a treadmill in the house!!!

Have put the scales downstairs and thinking may change my WI day to a saturday. Simply and soley as it is the only day when I don't jump out of bed straight into the shower so can do the weigh thing as nature intended. After a wee and nekked ;)

Hope everyone is going strong

xxx

Sounds like a good plan indeed - with all those home fitness things you could save on the gym fees completey for a while & review in the springtime when there is less demand - all the gyms can rip people off this time of year due to the post Christmas rush!

So, we won't be seeing any weight updates from you until Sat - ok!?

Sounds like a good plan indeed - with all those home fitness things you could save on the gym fees completey for a while & review in the springtime when there is less demand - all the gyms can rip people off this time of year due to the post Christmas rush!

So, we won't be seeing any weight updates from you until Sat - ok!?

True - and it bugs me when you have to book a class a week in advance coz of all the extra bodies!!

Been to a class tonight and really enjoyed it but boy am I gonna hurt tomorrow :eek:

xx

Fighting the urge

Have stayed off the scales. Didn't scale hop last night and fighting the urge to hop on them before work

Hey - that's good for me!! Baby steps ;)

xxx

Well done Toots. You're a better woman than me. I actually thought about not weighing for a month earlier. Don't know who I was trying to kid, lol.

Going back to daily weighing - it might make me miserable BUT it keeps me on the straight and narrow

Just effed up big time :sigh:

Not ignoring anyone but in too bad a mood to try to answer any posts without sounding like a bitter old bag

xx

Aww Toots. Its not the end of the world. Good luck with the daily weighing again - whatever keeps you on the straight and narrow.

Tomorrow is a new day, so put today behind you and if daily weighing is what it takes for you then do it. Only once a day though in the morning after a wee and nekked as you said xx

Just been a sh!tty day - literally.

Scoff was whilst waiting for emergency drain man to come out as waste drain backed up - you'd have thought that something like that would put me OFF my food :eek:

xxx

Back