Going To Be A Hard Day - Help

VodkaGirl

Hello

Just posting on here for some support really. My four year old daughter has been up a lot of the night being sick (poor lamb) and I've been up with her. So tired this morning & going to be stuck indoors with her. Can already feel my resolve going & want to reach for the 'bad foods' just to keep me going.

Managed so far and had a Muller light and two tangerines and planned scrambled eggs, smoked salmon & mushrooms for lunch, but I wondered if anyone had any coping strategies please :)

Morning! Sorry to hear your little one is ill, hope shes on the mend soon! Can you keep yourself busy to stop reaching for the snacks? Just do housework, iron, paint your nails, tidy up...anything to keep you busy and away from 'boredom eating' that we all suffer from! Or perhaps cuddle up with your daughter and watch a film together and keep occupied that way? Thats the best i can suggest!
other thought is to get in the kitchen and make lots of batches of SW food, that way you're busy, have lots of healthy free food to snack on and can put some in freezer for those days when you need something free and quick! Do Quiches, chilli, bolognase, things like that? xx

Hello
Sorry to hear your daughter has not been well. Hope she gets better soon. I would suggest of you can doing something like a sw quiche ( cottage cheese eggs and whatever you fancy ) baked in the oven or something similar that you can just grab when you are feeling hungry. Also plan in your syns but make sure you leave some for tonight. Let us know how you get on

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

I would try and keep yourself busy, cuddle up on the sofa with your daughter, keep a box of free snacks (fruit/veg etc) and water next to you so that it's less effort to eat them than to go to the kitchen, and sleep when she does to help pass the time :) Good luck! And hope your daughter feels better soon x

Your lunch sounds lush btw!

Sounds yum. I'm definitely going to try that :)

Well I've made it to two o'clock without hitting the junk food! Only another three hours until my husband gets home and then I can get out of the house for a bit (not been outside in two days). Been checking out the recipe threads to decide what to have for tea, and think I've decided on a prawn, chorizo and rice dish that's cooked all together in the oven - it sounds yummy!

xx

Go you! You are one tough cookie.
Hope your little one is feeling better xx

Well done!

Ah that's good to hear well done you enjoy your escape!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Ha ha not really - just really want to lose weight - so close to a stone and weigh in on Monday, if I don't get there I'll probably cry :cry:

Daughter is not doing too bad - she's laid on the sofa, but has eaten and drunk without being sick, so we'll see how she goes...

xx

Glad she's feeling better lovely xx

Lol bless, I'd like a day on the sofa too :D

Back