Goint through my old clothes

SerenityValley

Surgically happy.
By old I mean the ones I've had for a long time but are mostly still brand new, labels on, never worn because they were just too small when I bought them several years ago. I put on several stone after that.

This morning, I discovered going through tshirts/sweatshirts, that they fit into two catagories now.

1) Fits!

2) Almost fits!

So as of today my warddrobe just expanded by around 25 tshirts/sweatchirts and 10 jumpers (very handy now that its winter!).

Feel very happy - that's a few hundred quid worth of clothes - and will keep me going for 2 or 3 months without needing to buy more. The jumpers - some of them haven't fitted since 1999!

Thats fab :) seeing all your hard work pay off AND saving money, what could be better? :)

Emma xXx

hehe, I have a suspicion that round feb/march I'm going to have to spend a fortune! I am really looking forward to summer clothes shopping - haven't done that for over 15 years

well done SV that's great!!! Saving money and having so much more chocie. Soon theyw ill all in the 3rd catagory TOO BIG!!

I tired on some old clothes this morning and my size 14 jeans tie on me but arent quite comfortable but I guess a couple more weeks and they will be fine. its great as my size 18s are just falling off. I have loads of clothes that I have bought while putting on weight so its great going back down them.

I too am really excited about buying summer clothes, last year for our holiday I actually cried getting clothes for it as they werent anything I wanted but just got cause they fitted and were comfy. 2009 is gonna be a great year!

Aww, emzski! I want to hug you last year when you cried :(

2009 is going to be wonderful for us both :) I've already booked a few days away for half way through rtm - though I suspect that I won't be able to stick as well to that as I should.

having sold lots of my clothes on ebay I've just been sorting out the garage to get my last lot sold at a car boot sale tomorrow. It's so satisfying. AND I get some extra money to buy nice new clothes!

Looking through my stuff I can't believe how frumpy it all is. I used to simply buy what would fit (not much at size 28/30) but now I can go anywhere and there's so much choice I don't know where to start. It't the most satisfying thing in the world!!
I'm currently wearing a gorgoeus jumper I was bought for my 21st birthday (12 years ago!!)

jumper is looking a bit big already I'm afraid Andy (and I've already shrunk it in the wash!)
It's lovely and cosy for hanging round the house in though.
Have been trying on dresses for various christmas parties that are coming up. Haven't been brave enough to buy one in my current size yet. May just get down to a size 10 by then!!

Wow well done SV, how motivating for you and for us reading, I love when stuff like that happens!!

I have a pair of work (uniform) trs that never fitted me so were resigned to the wardrobe and I just wore my own trs to work, I tried them on this morning.. and they're too loose!!!! I was on cloud 9!!! We've just been issued our 2009 uniform order forms, I'm loving that I'm going to be able to order my new uniform a couple of sizes down from last years!! xx

SV, I've been going through my clothes that I haven't been able to get on or into for over 2 years :D and it's quite inspirational. I've only lost 25lb but its amazing what a difference it makes ;).
I now have a wider variety to choose from.

SV, you are freaking me out now!! I too went through my old clothes on Friday night with the help of my little cousin and we made piles of clothes in size order! From size 14 (3 years ago) to Size 26 (7 weeks ago). I am refusing to go shopping until I am a tiny person!
So much stuff is way too big for me now!!
It's a great feeling isn't it!

B x

Awww - *hugs* Bekimo to stop her freaking out lol.

We're on a very similar path here, so it's understandable we're doing a lot of the same things. It is a wonderful feeling, it really is - the next big one for me will be fitting into my 44" trousers (I'm in 48£" ones just now). The thing is my waist is 43" just now but because of my tummy I need bigger ones as I'm not really able to wear them round my waist without feeling like they're not pulled up.

SO When I get into the 44"'s I'll know I'm on a pair or two of trousers away from wearing them on my actual waist!

Back