Goldilukes Diary of a food zombie

Hi Lauren

Ref sizes - I think you just need to take a deep breath and let it go! You are so right - the sizes in vintage and older dresses are different to today. But then even today most of the shops are wildely different. Also if like me you aren't 21 anymore (what do you mean i'm not) then the reality is our bodies do change shape and that's ok!

Most important is to find a weight shape that your body is happy at ie you dont spend your whole time dieting or exercising to keep it there - it's natural
Then find a brand or 2 that make the perfect clothes for you

I've discovered that nowadays i wear 12 tops but only stretchy as my shoulders are just too big otherwise! Also although i think my boobs have done a disapperaring act they are technically 32F so no hope in some shirts!
Bottoms - i'm firmly stuck between a 14 & 16. Even in the same shop i have to try every style to find the right leg, bum, tum combo:)

Well done getting to the GP and hopefully that will help too

Hope you are having a fabulous sunday and chin up:)
Xx

Hi Lauren, I just wanted to say hello and that I've really enjoyed reading your diary. Sorry to hear about your recent health issues - I hope you manage to sort them out. It sounds like you've done incredibly well so far and have lost a lot of weight. Use those vintage dresses as your motivation to keep going. You'll be in them in no time.

Morning Lauren

I am so pleased you got to see the doc, half the relief is talking to someone about your symptoms xxx

I agree with Katie, you have to almost rewrite the book for yourself about sizing. At the end of the day, you're healthier and slimmer, even though your shape may have changed. I know this is easy for me to say, but I really don't want to waste any more of my energy getting upset about how fat I am and how I look, it's just too upsetting and if I really let the fact that I'm 22 stone get to me, I'd never go outdoors! xxx

Hi Lauren just wanted to say good luck with the test results xx.

Morning susie, you are so right and your post has hit home to me. I need to start being happy about what I've achieved instead of moaning about what I haven't yet. Isn't it weird how our brains do not catch up in time when we need it to?

Not looking forward to my bloods done, have such a needle phobia, just the thought is making me hide my arms ergh huh.
hope you are well today?

Thanks busy, how are you?

Hi Lauren, I just wanted to say hello and that I've really enjoyed reading your diary. Sorry to hear about your recent health issues - I hope you manage to sort them out. It sounds like you've done incredibly well so far and have lost a lot of weight. Use those vintage dresses as your motivation to keep going. You'll be in them in no time.

Thanks so much for popping in messyj. Hope you continue to enjoy reading my bit updates. Yes I will use that dress as motivation :)

Oh Goldi!!! Back on track :) that vintage dress shall be yours! Sounds like we have the same upper body issues.
I hope the doc manages to get to the bottom of things, sounds like you are being taken seriously.
Awful how shops have increased their sizes, no wonder we are getting bigger and not really doing much about it! Just think what size modern clothes you are going to be once you have your princess frock! x

Morning tee, oh yes I will own a beautiful vintage frock one day...it's my new ridiculous vain motivator because other than that my other motivation is feeling healthy, happier and alive :) how are you?

you don't have to say sorry for not popping in lol, the whole point is we are hear when you need us. Gotta have a life as well.
I know what you mean about the rain, I live in scotland, and its horrid. One year we had no summer at all, even the dogs got fat.

The gp visit sounds quite positive, thats good. I have pocs as well, well at least its suspected, the doc would not send me for tests. Its a long story, I was getting treated for it, but I hated the pills so just stopped taking them. I went on to the pill for a bit, that really dose help. But I end up putting on loads of weight and being sad. So now I'm just managing the symptoms with other things instead.

I was told at first I got the pocs because I was 5 stone over weight. So I had thought it might go away, never mind.

I don't think your shoulders look how you see them. Me and my two friends are doing the diet together. I'm quite broad, but my best mate is a giant. She is almost 6ft and I can hide behind her. There are no girls clothes that really fit properly or work well for her. Even at ideal weight she is still a size 16 just because of her size.
Womens trousers are a nightmare.
Does anyone else find the sizing strange. I can get tall thin trousers, or short fat ones. I'm only 5,8 and had issues getting trousers long enough in bigger sizes. Having less issues now that I have shrunk. I actually wore mens clothes for a bit.

Top half I have issues as well though. I can wear a 12 almost. But I have GG cup boobs, so they don't fit into tops that have a shaped bust at all. There are shops that do clothing for my shape, though I would need to rob a bank to shop there.
Plus point, (gotta look at the bright side) I will be able to dress up as Jessica rabbit for halloween :)
I never realized the sizes had changed, that is interesting. Somewhat explains why I'm a different size depending on what shop I buy clothes in.

Morning firelass, I half replied to this on your diary :) followed the link and subscribed to yours.
my last doctor had to be begged by me to send me off for tests for pcos. I knew there was something wrong at the time...too many horrible symptoms but a lazy drag ass doctor wasnt listening.. I finally got the scans and diagnosis with optional medication. We need to persist at times like this or change doctors.

id love to dress as Jessica rabbit for Halloween instead of a bloated living dead body washed up from the sea :)

Hi Lauren

Ref sizes - I think you just need to take a deep breath and let it go! You are so right - the sizes in vintage and older dresses are different to today. But then even today most of the shops are wildely different. Also if like me you aren't 21 anymore (what do you mean i'm not) then the reality is our bodies do change shape and that's ok!

Most important is to find a weight shape that your body is happy at ie you dont spend your whole time dieting or exercising to keep it there - it's natural
Then find a brand or 2 that make the perfect clothes for you

I've discovered that nowadays i wear 12 tops but only stretchy as my shoulders are just too big otherwise! Also although i think my boobs have done a disapperaring act they are technically 32F so no hope in some shirts!
Bottoms - i'm firmly stuck between a 14 & 16. Even in the same shop i have to try every style to find the right leg, bum, tum combo:)

Well done getting to the GP and hopefully that will help too

Hope you are having a fabulous sunday and chin up:)
Xx

Morning Kat1e,

lol funnily enough I did take a deep breath and let it go, exactly what I did but only because I could feel myself clenching my chest haha. Yeah sizes today compared to yesteryear are so different, makes me wonder how small the likes of tippi hedren and Audrey Hepburn really were in their hay day????? My leg? Mind you I did hear that the average size of a women these days is a size 16 Top and bottom.

Can I please share some of your boobs? Mine have completely ran away on my treadmill...gone completely and let's just say...spaniels ears!!!

I think for me I am easy maintaining 10 stone without trying but jeeez I want to be slimmer than that so it's time to up the game and maybe admit that to get to 8-1/2 stone eating wont be all that exciting??? I'd love to know what an 8stoner eats to maintain...hmmm

Morning susie, you are so right and your post has hit home to me. I need to start being happy about what I've achieved instead of moaning about what I haven't yet. Isn't it weird how our brains do not catch up in time when we need it to?

Not looking forward to my bloods done, have such a needle phobia, just the thought is making me hide my arms ergh huh.
hope you are well today?

I'm well thanks hun, glad it's the beginning of a new l/c week - and getting busier at work which I always like :)

Here's to rewiring our brains together :D

Morning everyone, and sorry if I've missed replying to anyone? I hate it when it happens but I've only got 5 mins to make my daily post. Loads on today :(

right so for the past three days I have been 9.13.8 and I'm ok with that because I had a bowl of all bran the second day of that. Yesterday ate grapes, melon, apple and strawberry fruit mix from asda. Then last night had 2 squares 90% Lindt.

ive been eating shed loads of lettuce, cucumber with practically every meal bar broccoli last night with my chicken.
I have gone back on the coconut oil every day and know that it helps me lose or stay lower. Weird.

my thoughts over the past few days have been weird, I've felt ill.....I think I could be going through ketosis again as I'd probably knocked myself out over the last few weeks. Anyway feeling very light headed, my face looks thin but ill..iykwim?
people are starting to say lose no more lady......please thank you but no...I have another stone and half to go before I'm stopping. I know my body, they are just shocked I'm not big mamma anymore.

really can't wait for the doctors blood tests because something's not right, I sat last night watching my catch ups on TV and had a handful of my hair just come away....oh says its normal because I've got bum length hair it looks more but I know this is not normal for me. I've heard it grows back once you stop dieting.....hmmmm great! I'm going to have to start wearing my manga character wigs from eBay then :)

on an amazing note though... My upper body strength has quadrupled. I did a handstand last night for ages, done push ups for ages, bridge and plank up and down. I can now do sit ups with nothing holding my feet :) my sides are starting to tighten and my back muffin top rolls are ironing out to one faint one from 4 :) yeah me.....I am celebrating because I was one lazy ass moomin just march this year and now I run, not scared of walking for miles, and my body is morphing in all the right places from my exercise. I also push myself past the points of ouchness :) totally not me....well not the old Lauren anyway ;)

hope you all are well?

I'm well thanks hun, glad it's the beginning of a new l/c week - and getting busier at work which I always like :)

Here's to rewiring our brains together :D

Here here! :sign0151:

Oh Goldi! You are so in the zone with the fitness! Well done!!!! I'm thinking less of how much you way but fitting into size x clothes again and feeling good in your own skin! Iv not been 8.5st since I was a teenager but last time I did atkins seriously got down to a skinny size 10 (was still over 9st!) xx

Your doing amazing honey, but definitely need to remember muscle weighs more than fat....

When I was weight training all the time I was over 8 stone but skinnier than I have ever been in my life, a size zero! So probably without the muscle I would have been more around 7 stone or less but.. lots of people told me too don't lose anymore and your too thin and I didn't listen cause I thought they were jealous or whatever but the truth is now looking back at pics of my face I was too thin, so just don't go too mad, look after yourself, and you look amazing anyway right now, just as you are and you don't want to look gaunt or ill do you babe :eek:. As you are exercising so much it might be time to start paying more attention to how your clothes look and fit rather than that number on the scale. :D:thumbup:

Wishing you all the best xxxx

Ah sweety I just read through a few days x I guess sizes have changes through the years, but we have also got taller, our feet have got bigger, I don't think we can compare as such, a lot of it is due to better sanitation, better heating in our homes!! Something as basic as having a cold house required you to metabolise more!! Antibiotics have played a big role, and our life expectancy is now a lot higher!! I think we need to focus on being healthy rather than having an hourglass figure x and from all the work and effort you put in with diet and exercise I am sure your body is thankful!! I was reading something as simple as going on the pill or hrt can cause breasts to slightly enlarge!! Women 50 years ago did not have such things x

Hi Lauren, I've just caught up on your dairy, great read! :D I understand from what you're posted that you're having a tough time at the moment, I'm really rooting for everything to work itself out for you. I think you've done fantastic with the weight-loss so far and your dedication for the last six months should be commended. I know what you mean about how dress sizes have changed over the years. I ordered a gorgeous 1950s inspired dress by Vivienne of Holloway for my 30th birthday nearly five years ago - ouch! haha, anyway I was a size 16 (a lot lighter and smaller than now) at the time and although the website does states to take measurements little ole me didn't quite believe it and ordered the 16, well it came and after much breathing in, sweating and frustration it had to go back because of course I couldn't zip it up unless I took it off. So I exchanged it for a dress based on my measurements and I think it was a 20 or 22 that I ended up with, this time a tad too big but it zipped up. The size tag didn't half take the shine off the dress for me and I cut the tag out so no one could see it. Did you see it all over the news yesterday about introducing plus size or a range of sizes in mannequins, interesting debate. Lisa-Ann xx

Ah sweety I just read through a few days x I guess sizes have changes through the years, but we have also got taller, our feet have got bigger, I don't think we can compare as such, a lot of it is due to better sanitation, better heating in our homes!! Something as basic as having a cold house required you to metabolise more!! Antibiotics have played a big role, and our life expectancy is now a lot higher!! I think we need to focus on being healthy rather than having an hourglass figure x and from all the work and effort you put in with diet and exercise I am sure your body is thankful!! I was reading something as simple as going on the pill or hrt can cause breasts to slightly enlarge!! Women 50 years ago did not have such things x

I liked reading this post Meg, reminds me of studying the history of fashion at secondary school all those moons ago. I didn't realise the bit about having a cold house would require us to metabolise more, think my boyfriend will have to buy a few more jumpers this winter lol x

OOoooOoo "manga character wigs " I like the sound of that!

Lisa-Ann I never saw that debate but I would like to. So often I see clothes that look good on the mannequin but would never look good on my size or shape, even though they come in that size.

I was looking at clothes online, and some stores tell you the size of the model in the picture, and her hight. That was handy I felt, because I got a really good idea of how it would look on someone my hight and size.

Back