Goldilukes Diary of a food zombie

OOoooOoo "manga character wigs " I like the sound of that!

Lisa-Ann I never saw that debate but I would like to. So often I see clothes that look good on the mannequin but would never look good on my size or shape, even though they come in that size.

I was looking at clothes online, and some stores tell you the size of the model in the picture, and her hight. That was handy I felt, because I got a really good idea of how it would look on someone my hight and size.

Hey Lauren, I hope you've had a nice day and managed to fit in a bit of you time.

Firelass - I know that's true, I think a range of mannequins would save the frustration in the changing room when clothes just don't look right. I have noticed online shops doing that recently it's a good idea. Lisa-Ann xx

Morning everyone,

i can't seem to brake through the 10.0.8 and lowest 9.12 barrier......I am just hanging around in this place for ages now. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

im wondering if stress is keeping my weight on? I'm seriously stressed lately like stomach crunching stress feelings.

Anyway apart from that I am doing ok, still on track although that could be a slight lie because yesterday I ate terrible 2 bowls all bran, some roast beef, ham and cheese roll with lettuce, and 2 squares of Lindt with loads of coffee. I've not eaten a Krispy Kreme is what I meant by not cheating ;)
i was busy and grabbed stuff, didnt cook and it felt great because sometimes just knowing you don't have to cook for yourself or anyone is such a break oh my.

i have hardly wore make up since march, maybe a little mascara and that's it! I've not wore nice clothes either....just work out type ones with trainers and I go over the road and get my regular iced americano and the girls at costa know me now because of the frequent trip there. They even sold me a full cup of whipping cream because I'd ran out at home :)
anyway, I did a make up tutorial yesterday and was wearing my new peach top shop top and I felt like a different person. After filming I always feel super hungry so ran over the road to get my coffee and they did not recognise me:) haha which means I must be known as the bag lady.....it's true, to shock someone is not always good haha.

I noticed that doing my eye make up seemed easier and in the photos you can see the make up more because I must have lifted my eye fat with losing weight. I've also got cheek bones and putting peach blush on made my cheeks look amazing and highlighted instead of a big peach splodge like before.....so strange.

i gave up looking for the vintage frocks for now, need to concentrate on bringing my weight further down because I want to be 8.12 and then decide whats next. A least I know now how I can maintain at 10 for the future should I choose.

I walked 2 miles on the treadmill yesterday, did my other exercises...felt great and I've found my new limits which are worlds apart from when I started. The other day I did my usual walk outdoors which is around 3.2 miles.

Looking forward to the new downton abbey and the 20s vintage frocks ;)

starting today, cutting down on coffee, go to bed earlier, eat more often small. See how that helps the scales for now.

crap I have to run, ahh :( wanted to reply to you lot properly. Meg, Igg, firelass, tee, val, hello! I read your post and wanted to reply to you all.

Catch you all in the morning and will check your diaries, hope you are all well?

Thanks for the update honey glad your good. Your exercise updates make me wanna get my butt back exercising!! I need a kick up it atm! :eek:

I am so fed up as the scales have gone the wrong way this morning, sooo freaking depressing, but trying not to let it demotivate me tooooo much. I have tons of meals out over the next couple of weeks, sooo I just need to get on with it and be good in between and once all the birthdays are done really crack on again. Sure makes you feel crappy though.Especially as I got a new dress for a wedding on 27th, just hope I can zip it up!!!!! :eek:

I sooo need to start exercising again! Been terrible at that the last month :thumbdown: thought I would concentrate on getting food right first but I know I am just being lazy and delaying, not sure why as once doing it, I love it! Strange!

Anyway, you do look fab and well done on maintaining and your journey so far xxx

Ps stress does make you fat, I am living proof haha, try to relax honey you are doing great. Check out some asmr vids on YT, if you havent b4, Maria 'Gentlewhispering' is great and so calming

Lol xxx

Last edited:
:) well I will watch out for the tutorial you mean :)

I avoid wearing make up sometimes, coz if I know I'm going to go to the gym or walking, I know I will get in a mess and end up with eye liner all over the place and panda eyes. So sometimes I have no time and its not worth it.

I hope your plans work out for ya :)

The stress is not good, hope you have a good way to help not feel so stressed, or deal with it.

Hi Lauren, congrats on not being recognised lol:D

Morning everyone,

Just got time to update my diary quick, I've been visiting yours :) finally...it takes so long to get round them all and then it leaves no time for exercises but then I feel guilty if I don't reply to you all.

anyway, last night I did quite a lot of research on different diets and whats best to do for me at 10 stone to get down to 8.6 I initially wanted to get to 8.12 but thinking if I aim for 8.6 it gives me 6lb bounce room iykwim ;)
1200 per day or stick with Atkins which to be honest I'm finding hard because of all the cooking. It's getting harder to keep it up because I'm continuously having to cook twice a day for everyone here and meals are different even though I've tried to make things for them that I can eat.
I ate 2 bowls of all bran yesterday I love this stuff and it keeps me regular which funnily enough all the veg under the sun was not doing. Even bucket loads of gagging reflex spinach........bergh.

I am burning only 200-400 cals per day with exercise, that's not enough so need to up my game if I want to get down that far and stay there. My lower stomach is getting quite tight :) I've had a kid so didnt think this was possible as I've lived with the pouch now for 15 years....however the roll above my navel is still far bigger than anything and quite frankly pooping me off! I've heard it's because of pcos but surely there is something that can be done?????

i also heard that someone does 200 squats per day and I wondered what everyone's exercise regime is? I can only manage 50 in one go, would have to go back throughout the day and do reps to get to 200, 100 and more sit ups though...but my legs....forget about it. My upper body is great now, I can feel my collar bone and breast bone and sometimes from workouts the whole area feels boney and painful like I've been beaten up..suppose that's muscle being built?

i best go, always feel like I talk too much and bore people....just wanted to post my thoughts. Really starting to wonder which diet will suit me best and get the best results. I know strict Atkins and induction works but I can only do that grabbing stuff and some processed meats and cheese with salad. It's cooking all the veggies and wondering what meat to out with it that's pooping me off lately as I get so drained and busy.

hope you are all well?

Make up sounds great Lauren! After watching a few of your tutorials, decided I need to do more in that dept. but first need to do my facial exercises to ummm lift everything a bit.

1200 cal diets sometimes work. I find some days I'm fine with it and some days so hungry but not doing 1200 atm. What about around 1350 or so low carb, but keep fats lower. That's what works for me - well when I actually do it. I'll do a few days filling out my diary on mfp, so you can see what I eat if you get a moment. I eat a lot of soya burgers and sausages for breakfast which is weird but I love them.

Amen to starbuck across that street- amazing. x

I sooooooo can't wait for Downton Abbey!!! Mind this series will be the first I watch on TV! Someone got me the box set of the last 3 series last Christmas!! I was hooked x x x

Lovely feeling when people don't recognise you!! I bet you looked great x

Hey, you don't bore at all. I am impressed at how you are looking into a new diet and will be interested to know what you choose to do and why. I wish I had your 'go' :p

Coffeelover, I also need my face to be lifted, its gone all crapey and saggy..... :(

Hi Lauren, just catching up on your diary. I've got everything crossed that you can put the 10s behind you for good and break through that 9:12 barrier. You see I want to get to where you are too, although I know I'm flagging miles behind you, but well if you can get to where you want to be its a nice little success story that inspires and you know what they say success breeds success :) As for stress it's a funny one I have heard that it can make our weight stick, I think it does that to me. Lol at your bag lady comment as if, you're just in transformation mode. Many moons ago I had a nasty break up and lived in brightly coloured velour track suits and god forbid a plain anorak because I was so cold all the time. My hair was always up in a bun and face just freshly washed with no make up which was unusual for me. Anyway I used to swan on the sunnies and tell my friends I was stepping out in true celebrity style as you often see our poor celebrities snapped getting a pint of milk and minding their own business dressed like this. Anyway the point is as much as I was healing I was also transforming saying goodbye to the old Lisa and welcoming in the new - weight-loss and all. Plus you've come on an amazing journey since March or before. I bet the costa girls not recognising you was a compliment in a round about way. God, I hope any eye fat I have doesn't turn to sag when this weight has gone!

Yay to Downton Abbey next week on Sunday :D I think we'll all be watching. Well done on all the exercise you've really got into a good routine with it. As for Atkins vs other plans, I hope you can find something that works for you and also ties in with the family meals. You did make me think the other day when you pondered what someone at 8st6/12 would eat to maintain. Anyhow have a fab weekend Lisa-Ann xxx

Hi Lauren!

I once went to an Indian restaurant with OH and they thought I was a mistress because I'd lost weight n they didn't recognise me! I hadn't been there for a while.

Now I've got the weight back on :-( he wanted to go there when he was home and I made an excuse to avoid the staff seeing me fat again! . Will go back when I've shifted the fat...

Hope ur winning :) x

Restarted CD 31 Aug
5ft 1" 13st 2 BMI 37.2

Woohoo to the cheek bones!!!!!! Post a pic for us :) jealous! Don't think I have any lol

I will once I've uploaded them. :) it's such a transformation it's weird. Losing weight changes everything and I try and keep that in mind whenever I feel like giving up.

morning val, I know coffee on tap at home and over the road...good but bad iykwim ;)

aparently if you want to lose jaw fat there is a very good exercise you can do but it kills... If you have a door frame that leads in to another room with lower door place your head over slightly and keep it there, you'll feel the burn or anything like a sofa, just hang your head over the edge and keep it up....feel your jaw whilst doing this...it will be shaking and working out. As for the rest of the face I do nothing yet but plan on eye lifts.

If I was bored I would stop reading :p I enjoy catching up with what people have been up to. I mostly keep a diet diary for me. Because I want to keep on top of me, and how I feel etc. So I don't bother if no one reads it.

I tend to cook maybe twice a week, then freeze everything. So I just have to heat it up. I split everything into one person portions.
I know what you mean though, Even with that I'm heating up mine, and cooking to other meals.

Do you keep measurements of your self? See, since lean muscle weighs more than fat per liter, You might find that you are toning up and changing shape more than loosing weight. Sure you had thought of that, I think you said that somewhere, or someone did. But that could be a factor.

I read a lot of good and bad things about most diets. I think getting to goal is quite hard, but staying there is harder. Have you tried swimming?

I used to go to a body step class that boasted of burning up to 1000 calories in the hour if you work super hard. Not sure how true that was, but it was really really hard.
I hope you find something that works.

so you want to loose not far off of one stone? Apparently the last stone is the hardest to shift. I don't know if its all in my head, but I'm finding it a nightmare as well.

Just saw your new vid on yt, you look great honey, I find them so relaxing too, you are a natural and I always love your pics at the end xxxx

Funny you haven't been wearing make up since being on your journey, do you not miss it? I just can't imagine facing the world without it :eek: but maybe that's not a good thing

I am such a freaking make up addict, I seriously think I need to join MA make-up anonymous :eek: I love it so much but at the same time I do really need to try to ban myself from buying anymore!! :eek:

But looking at your bedroom, make-up and brush collection I know you will understand exactly where I'm coming from, we are cut from the same (make-up) cloth, haha :D:):p

Ps your brushes are great, I bought some when they first came out, really good quality and i use them all the time, will you be restocking the eye shadow brushes at some point, would love to buy some more if you do? xxx

Last edited:
If I was bored I would stop reading :p I enjoy catching up with what people have been up to. I mostly keep a diet diary for me. Because I want to keep on top of me, and how I feel etc. So I don't bother if no one reads it.

I tend to cook maybe twice a week, then freeze everything. So I just have to heat it up. I split everything into one person portions.
I know what you mean though, Even with that I'm heating up mine, and cooking to other meals.

Do you keep measurements of your self? See, since lean muscle weighs more than fat per liter, You might find that you are toning up and changing shape more than loosing weight. Sure you had thought of that, I think you said that somewhere, or someone did. But that could be a factor.

I read a lot of good and bad things about most diets. I think getting to goal is quite hard, but staying there is harder. Have you tried swimming?

I used to go to a body step class that boasted of burning up to 1000 calories in the hour if you work super hard. Not sure how true that was, but it was really really hard.
I hope you find something that works.

so you want to loose not far off of one stone? Apparently the last stone is the hardest to shift. I don't know if its all in my head, but I'm finding it a nightmare as well.

Morning firelass,yeah I keep measurements, I'm actually due to take some more this month and see how I got on. I do feel very bloated at the moment and think it could be the all bran on a morning. Burning sensation in my stomach could be that or a bug :(

id love to do bodywork class, 1000 cals is brill if like you say it's true...it's possible though actually very possible because just short of running for 15 mins burns 200 cals on my treadmill apparently so it sounds feasible :)

Just saw your new vid on yt, you look great honey, I find them so relaxing too, you are a natural and I always love your pics at the end xxxx

Funny you haven't been wearing make up since being on your journey, do you not miss it? I just can't imagine facing the world without it :eek: but maybe that's not a good thing

I am such a freaking make up addict, I seriously think I need to join MA make-up anonymous :eek: I love it so much but at the same time I do really need to try to ban myself from buying anymore!! :eek:

But looking at your bedroom, make-up and brush collection I know you will understand exactly where I'm coming from, we are cut from the same (make-up) cloth, haha :D:):p

Ps your brushes are great, I bought some when they first came out, really good quality and i use them all the time, will you be restocking the eye shadow brushes at some point, would love to buy some more if you do? xxx

Morning Igg, thanks for watching and for the lovely comment. Yeah no make up which is weird, I have just felt like I have not had to try as hard with my appearance since losing weight...like I am much happier in myself and have the attitude if you don't like me then fine! But before I tried too hard and made sure I always wore makeup. Weird!

the brushes have been out on the back burner for a little while but when they do come back they will be coming back with new additions. I'm glad you like them :)

I think it's fantastic the weight loss has given you that extra confidence to not feel the need to wear make up all the time, you look beautiful with it or without it, so that's great either way :)

Thanks ref the brushes, and good luck with your continued journey xxx

Back