Gone right off cola now

Starlight

Gold Member
Ive drastically cut down on the diet cola Ive been drinking, I used to drink ridiculous amounts and even when I did Exante Id still have around a litre a day. The past few weeks Ive had maybe one glass every other day. Tonight I had a real notion for it and had a full glass then poured a 2nd.

Half way through the 2nd my heart started pounding and racing. I feel dreadful. I dont know if my body isnt used to the damn stuff now but my chest is sore the way my hearts been pounding. Great when I need to leave for work in an hour

Back to water for me

Phoenix had palpitations when on this diet and was sent for tests. Turned out caffeine caused them and she'd been having more caffeine on this diet than before. Maybe it's something like that for you because doesn't cola contain quite a lot?

Well at least you know how to avoid it happening again :).

Hope you're feeling better Starlight! I have the same reaction to caffeine, it's horrible isn't it! I think sometimes as your body becomes healthier it actually becomes more sensitive to stimulants.

I have to avoid caffeine whilst on a VLCD for this reason. I'd get them worst at night when i was settling down to sleep. All of a sudden my heart would race like i'd run a marathon. (was on LT having 3 vanilla shakes a day with coffee in all) Cut that down to 1 a day and it seemed to settle down.

well done on cutting out the coke!! My bestie also gets heart palpitations when she drinks too much diet coke.
I used to be addicted to full fat coke and used to drink a few cans most days, but don't miss it at all now. I did try it again the last week and it tasted bloody awful, not at all like I remember!!

Back