Gonna take a break

jayde1148

Gold Member
Tonight I've been ill got nasty tummy upset and sickness on top of all the pre ketosis stuff and can't take it!

I called my aunt who is a doctor and she says to atop the diet and she thinks the temporary meds I'm on may need more of a proper diet. I've decided to check with my GP tomorrow but the reason I never went to her before starting is because I know from previous discussions that she disagrees with anything other than 3 meals a day and the gym! Oh well I will follow sw again I think - feel disappointed and like a failure but know I have never gelt so bad as the last 4 days so anyone who can do this diet long term needs a medal!!!

Hope you feel better soon. Your health is more important and you can always come back to it when you are feeling better xx

You have to do what's right for you. You are not the only one. This is a tough diet. I was gonna start this diet but I am having second thoughts as my GP said I shouldn't do it as I take medications for depression. I have been put off after a few stories I read on here. I was gonna start tomorrow but now I have thought about it I don't think I will. My GP recommended slimming world too. I think people who can stick to this diet need a medal too. Good luck and hope you feel better soon and good luck if you join SW

Thanks. I was doing SW before starting Exante anyway and know it works but I just wanted some quick losses but don't think it is worth feeling like this! i just feel so stupid and annoyed at my body and my attitude to dieting! O know a quick fix doesn't really exist and it took forever for me to get to this weight but I thought this might be the closest to it.

Don't feel stupid. I feel stupid as I wrote on here that I was gonna ignore GP advice and go ahead with exante and people on here replied and advised I get a second opinion. I actually said on here that I'm starting tomorrow. But like you say and I feel also that it's not worth making yourself ill over. Yes it's quick weight loss but you can put it back on as quick too. Which my GP said. I have made a real fool of myself on here by saying I'm starting tomorrow and my GP doesn't know what he is talking about and I'm starting tomorrow. You are not stupid. You tried it and it wasn't right for you. It doesn't work for everyone. I wouldn't be able to stick with it either. X

Lisy said:
Don't feel stupid. I feel stupid as I wrote on here that I was gonna ignore GP advice and go ahead with exante and people on here replied and advised I get a second opinion. I actually said on here that I'm starting tomorrow. But like you say and I feel also that it's not worth making yourself ill over. Yes it's quick weight loss but you can put it back on as quick too. Which my GP said. I have made a real fool of myself on here by saying I'm starting tomorrow and my GP doesn't know what he is talking about and I'm starting tomorrow. You are not stupid. You tried it and it wasn't right for you. It doesn't work for everyone. I wouldn't be able to stick with it either. X

Thanks lisy x

Back