Good morning everyone. Newbie here

soule

Hello everyone. Well I have decided to start on Exante!
I did the cambridge diet in 2009 and lost an amazing 6 stone in 4 months but due to curcumstances have put every last lb back on.
Have been thinking about the cambridge since christmas and been trying to get my head in the zone as I know if our heads not there then it wont happen.
Was googling nearest councellers when I came across Exante. It seemed too good to be true to be able to order simular stuff online as I will find going to pick the shakes up really difficult due to work, kids etc.
So I though ahhhh I wonder if minimins have a forum about it.......And YES!!! So here I am again.
This site kept me going before whilst on cambridge so i'll defo be a regular on here this time. I'll be starting on Friday as gotta wait for some pennies before i can order!

So guys how are you finding Exante?? Has anyone been on others so they can compare?? And how are the lossess going??

Hi Megamix , good luck with day one , i am on day 7 today Weigh in tomorrow .

first few days a bit tough but its got easier last 2 days ,:D

Good Luck

Hi there,
I also have done cambridge in the past. I chose exante because of the price, and also its easier than driving to the ladies house for the shakes etc.
I find the shakes to be creamer, but not as sweet as the cambridge ones. I cant say about the other products because I havent tried them.
Good luck

Hiya
I did Cambridge 2 years ago and lost just under 7 stone. I stopped it over that Christmas when I was 1 stone away from my target. After this Christmas and lots of yo-yo dieting I am now just over 2 stone away from target. I have decided to loose it with this time with Exante. I find that the exante products are a bit thicker/creamier than Cambrige, so they make me feel full longer. I find I can add a bit more water to these to give me a bigger helping without it being like dishwater! I also think that they taste nicer. The exante porridge tastes MUCH nicer than the one cambridge try to pass as porridge! I'm on day 2 today so hopefully we will all do well! Good luck! xxx

Hiya Moti17, I only ever had the choc shake and tomatoe soup on Cambridge so will stick to those to again on this one. The only thing that is making me go Eeek! is the fact that i had 4 a day on cambridge because of my height but this one is just 3 a day. Will have to work out the times to spread them out more lol. Good luck to you too hun xx

Hi Upsy-daisy, you've done well to stay not that far from target. I put all my weight back on quicker than i lost it. In fact i'm 1lb heavier than my very first start weight in 2008 lol. Anyway thats the past and i'm just concentrating on this now. Might try the porridge once i'm a few weeks in. Good luck too you xx

I tried lighter life a couple of times and hated it, the price was ridiculous as I found the counselling not helpful at all and it tasted gross.
Plus my losses were really slow.

I like all the flavour exante shakes apart from strawberry (although I used to like it!)
Apparently the porridge is lovely but I've not tried that yet.
We can also have tesco ultraslim bars which are the best thing ever!

I think my losses so far have been great, I'm happy with them :)

Good luck for your start on friday.
Oh and if you're worried about only having 3 packs you can always split them and have 6 smaller 'meals' a day.

Hi megmax, welcome bace to weight loss world. l did a bit of LL in the past and exante is quite similar the difference is that you have 4 pacs a day for LL total while on Exante it is 3. Also you have more food pac options on LL. Also with LL you have to go for weekly weigh in and have a counseller in the bargain. The most IMPORTANT DIFFERENCE to me is the price. LL cost a whooping £288 a month while exante you can get it for about £108 plus postage! I wish you good luck I am on day 8 now. Look around the exante forum of this site you will come across people with amazing looses. willbe reading your posts.

Hello and welcome Joanne :)

I have never done a VLCD before, so I have nothing to compare.

I have found Exante to be very easy once past the first few days.

Taking food away from me has been very liberating!

Name the diet and I have done it. This is honestly the first time I have ever felt in control.

My losses haven't been as spectacular as some, despuite being TS 100% all the way. I think this is because I am not exactly tall :D

This will work, but it requires determination.

All the very best with your journey! :)

Ahh thanks Renekot and Darcy15 :)
Didnt think about spliting packs....perfect! Grrrr I wanna start NOW! Hahaha Damn paydays are never here when you want them ;-)
Your all doing so well...keep up the good work guys and i'll be there with you soon. BRING ON THE WEIGHT LOSS WHOOOOHOOOO!!!!!

Hi megmax

Best of luck to you with exante, I'm only in week 3 but I love it:D

In the past I have done lipotrim and cambridge (twice) :eek: but two of my attempts ended in pregnancy and the last one with gall bladder issues:rolleyes:

I thought cambridge was great, not a bad word to say, but having found exante I am thrilled that it is not only cheaper but I think tastes nicer too (and so far my losses have been a little more on exante, but I think losses on all vlcds are about the same)

So I think you've made a great choice:D

Hi loved-up thanks for your encouragement. Alot have said that this tastes better so cant wait to try. You are doing fab :) XX

Hi there, I did exactly the same as you. Lost a load on Cambridge and put most of it back on. I have now done a week and a half on exante and lost about 10lbs. Plus it's around half the cost which has to be a bonus!! I only hope the porridge is as tasty.

I wish you all the best and hope it all goes well for you

Hi Emma, thanks hun. Your doing fab. I've heard the porridge is yummy! I never had it on cambridge i just stuck to choc and the odd tomato soup for 16 weeks......very boring but worked for me lol. Might be a bit more adventurous this time but wont have the bars i dont think. Whats your fav flavour? xx

hi megamax :)
i have just started this and find that all the shakes are yummy, the bars are especially good, but the soups are not that good. i have to put loads of cayenne pepper in them to make them bearable, but the mushroom cannot be made nicer - i am just going to throw those away!
wishing you lots of luck! xx

Hi and welcome!

I am on day 15 and loving it. Removed the temptation and worry of trying to stay on the straight and narrow of a "food" diet. Got weighed yesterday for first time and well chuffed with results.

I did Cambridge over 20 years ago and only lasted a few day but enjoying the bars, and shakes on Exante. Just tried the chicken soup so far and loved it!

Good luck and keep us posted :)

Back